• If you play 3rd Edition Rules, Russia Restricted and Reverse Axis Advantage – is this game balanced or does it still need a bid of some kind to even out the sides?

NOTE: Please explain if your answer is “No”.

• If you and your opponents are any good it doesn’t matter!

• Thanks SUD!!!

And to clarify the question/poll – “Yes” means that it is even and “No” means that it’s not and needs a bid and/or other tweaking.

I too thank that the Germans need a little help in Africa, but the additional troops for the Axis could also be used by Japan to (pretty much) take the majority of Asia on JAP1 (mainly India and China – and if you’re lucky Sinkiang). Although, I (like SUD) am under the impression that Africa is much more critical for the Germans early on.

• Here are some ideas to avoid 14 hour games of unchecked Japenese expansion with Germany struggling to hold more than 4 territories.

Place a (unlimited production) IC and AA in Australia and make it an Allied capitol under the UK player’s control. Capturing Australia counts toward the Axis victory conditions. When the UK player collects his income, it must be divided evenly (within 2 ipcs) between Great Britain and Australia. Australia can only build at the Australia IC. Great Britain can only build in Great Britain. Once placed on the board there is no distinction between Great Britain’s units and Australia’s units.

Use the same set-up for Great Britain as for Australia. (2inf, 1arm, 2ftrs, 1bom, 1Bshp, 1trn, 1AA, 1IC) Australia is also worth 8 ipcs.

Reprinted from this link- http://pub6.ezboard.com/faxisandalliesessayfeedbackaxisandallies.showMessageRange?topicID=991.topic&start=21&stop=40

You might also want to use some of the rules here (2nd post)-
    http://pub50.ezboard.com/fthrashersaxisandalliesforumsfrm2.showMessage?topicID=394.topic

Axis Bshp’s transporting a single inf can really help germany in africa, especially if they are 2 hit bshp’s.

• Cool – thanks for the info!

• RR and Axis Advantage is a better game than normal for sure. Reverse Axis Advantage isn’t nearly as good. Japan rarely defends with jets and the German subs are good for about the first turn.

The game is still very challenging for the Axis with those two changes. I have about a 75% across the board win ratio that way. 2-hitters would probably bump me up to 80%, a bid of 6 would send me over 90%. Against only top players, I think I would still have above 50% with everything.

As Allies, unless the Axis are given a heavy advantage I generally try non-optimal strats. Part of that is to prevent a last minute tech victory, and part of that is just for fun. You can make a lot of dumb moves even in RR with Axis Advantage and still win most games as Allies.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m