X-DAP-04 TeamBoldDutch vs. Ancients for 1945

• '12

Shall we bid for the allies in a descending bid?

Random die roll to start the bidding:

even - TeamBoldDutch
    odd - Ancients

DiceRolls: 1@6; Total Hits: 11@6: (5)

• '21 '20 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13

We assume the bid units can only be placed in sz/territories in which that power already had a unit(s). No other restrictions. Any side can stop bidding and just roll a dice.
    I don’t think all of us could follow the 72 hours post rule before the holidays are over. January 1 or 2 is realistic.
    Good luck TeamBoldDutch.

Allies +15

• '12

Are you bidding 15 on top of the russian bomber?  72 hr rule will no go into effect until after jan 2, agreed.

• '12

@Me1945:

We assume the bid units can only be placed in sz/territories in which that power already had a unit(s). No other restrictions. Any side can stop bidding and just roll a dice.
    I don’t think all of us could follow the 72 hours post rule before the holidays are over. January 1 or 2 is realistic.
    Good luck TeamBoldDutch.

Allies +15

and what do you mean “any side can stop bidding and just roll a dice”?  not familiar with the reference.

Are you bidding 15 on top of the russian bomber?

Exactly.

and what do you mean “any side can stop bidding and just roll a dice”?  not familiar with the reference.

Any time, before a bid is accepted, any team can roll a dice to determine a side, instead of making another bid.

• '12

@Me1945:

Are you bidding 15 on top of the russian bomber?

Exactly.

Any time, before a bid is accepted, any team can roll a dice to determine a side, instead of making another bid.

Have never done that before…  dont think I like it if it means the allies have to play straight up with only the bomber.  I say we bid only no coin flips?  I dont see the point of the coin flip stipulation.

If you bid, say, Allies +14 and our team is unwilling both accept it and bid Allies +13, what you are suggesting in such a case? My suggestion is a coin.

• '12

If we bid 14 and you dont want to go to 13 then we get it at 14.  If instead u flipped a coin when we bid 14 then u r saying the winner of the coin flip gets the allies at 14?

I need to talk to my teammates. We either go the way you see it or decline the bidding and flip the coin.

• '12

If u dont bid and just flip a coin then what do the allies get, just a bomber?  That doesnt make much sense…  im lost.  Maybe dutch can make sense of what you are saying.  I dont know why we dont just bid.  Are you saying you think 1 ipc can make such a huge difference?

• TripleA

When you flip a coin, you are playing without a bid… but you technically get a russian bomber because that’s garg’s extra pain and death rule.

Usually when you accept a bidding system you agree to a negotiation and have to accept how that goes. Just because you bid down to 3 and your opponent says ok you have it… all of a sudden you don’t want it at 3… you now you want to flip for 0 or flip to give them allies @ 3?  That is ridiculous.

You may as well just flip for sides.

Or you agree to a flip and just negotiate what the allies should get… then flip it for sides.

• '17 '16 '15 '12

no external three cents, thank you very much. calm down all, as Me1945 said we will discuss this among us. nothing written so far here is set in stone, and above that I dont see why the hurry (other than Bold wanting to start yesterday). we will all agree upon something agreeable to all.

• '12

@alexgreat:

no external three cents, thank you very much. calm down all, as Me1945 said we will discuss this among us. nothing written so far here is set in stone, and above that I dont see why the hurry (other than Bold wanting to start yesterday). we will all agree upon something agreeable to all.

I dont want to start yesterday alex just wanted to get the preliminaries underway - as you can see, that alone can take some time.  The match will not begin in earnest until after jan 1.

Cheers

• '17 '16 '15 '12

we will agree with your suggestion or come up with an alternative in the fastest time possible for us.

• '12

@alexgreat:

we will agree with your suggestion or come up with an alternative in the fastest time possible for us.

Sounds good.  Are you all in the continental US?  What are your schedules like?  Are you able to coordinate readily or will turns requiring coordination take several days?

• '17 '16 '15 '12

no, I am from Europe.

Back to my example. If you give us an option to flip a coin to decide who gets Allies for the last bid amount which is 14 PUs in the example, not for zero, I’am confirming our starting bid Allies +15. If you are saying Ancients, you can only post a lower bid or accept the current one , let me know and I give you another bid shortly. In any scenario, when a bid is accepted, negotiations are over, no any coins, and game begins.

• '12

@Me1945:

Back to my example. If you give us an option to flip a coin to decide who gets Allies for the last bid amount which is 14 PUs in the example, not for zero, I’am confirming our starting bid Allies +15. If you are saying Ancients, you can only post a lower bid or accept the current one , let me know and I give you another bid shortly. In any scenario, when a bid is accepted, negotiations are over, no any coins, and game begins.

so IF we were to bid +14 (we are NOT making an active bid since I have yet to speak to my partner), what are you saying the next possible steps would be?  in my mind you either give it to us at 14 or you bid lower, no coin flips.

what are you saying the next possible steps would be?

The next step could be accepting, posting lower bid, or coin to decide who takes Allis with the last bid amount. That is just our proposal. Feel free to decline it and we can go with your mind. I need to know. Our starting bid depends on your decision.

• TripleA

you guys should just keep things simple: accept the opponent bid or bid lower. no coin flipping lol.

Although if ancients insists on the coin flip thing, I would if I were bolddutch… bid like 6 and see what happens lol. That way if they flip you are good either way LOL.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m