• A point of clarification, can the USA declare war if London is occupied but then liberated on the UK turn?

• '16

The rules state that the US can declare war if an Axis power captures London.
    Doesn’t say that London must be occupied by the US turn.
    So the capture of London is enough for US to declare war, even if it gets liberated.

Also, the example you provided is impossible to do, as USA goes before UK. The only way to liberate London before the US turn is with Russia. Or France liberating London from Italy.
    Both of which are extemely unlikely to happen.

• Oops, got mixed up. Thanks!

• One more Detail i’m uncertain about regarding neutral Status of US and want to ask for clarification:

Summary for duration of neutrality
    1. Ship nc-movement - only us coastal territories and warships in sz102
    2. Air nc-movement - landing in allied countries ?
    3. no Combat movements  (including attacking other neutrals like brazil)

• '12

@Athlim:

One more Detail i’m uncertain about regarding neutral Status of US and want to ask for clarification:

Summary for duration of neutrality
    1. Ship nc-movement - only us coastal territories and warships in sz102
    2. Air nc-movement - landing in allied countries ?
    3. no Combat movements  (including attacking other neutrals like brazil)

1 -> The restriction is for US territories, not coastal territories, so you could park your fleet off Greenland if you felt like it.  The only real motivation for this is if you are also willing to buy a Naval Base or Air Base for it in order to allow movement directly from Greenland to Scotland when you’re at war.  But doing that is probably less useful than other things you could have done.
    2 -> A bit tricky due to the semantics of saying allied.  While the US is neutral, it is not technically allied with the other Allied powers of the game and thus can not land its planes on their territory.  As a neutral power the US can only land its planes on its own territories or carriers.
    3 -> Correct.  Note than you also cannot do a NCM to claim Brazil while still neutral.

• Thx

Simple Put as a neutral power you’re only allowed to Enter your Own Land territories.

• '12

@Athlim:

Thx

Simple Put as a neutral power you’re only allowed to Enter your Own Land territories.

Yes, and your ships must remain adjacent to your own land territories, with the exception of warships in SZ102, which would allow you to place carrier-based air in the SZ as well.  The idea there being that you could launch an air attack on Axis ships in the Channel if you had to.

• Sorry, this is soooo off subject, but when posting, how do you get the “Quote” in Blue & your post in black/white , then another quote in blue, & another post in b&w again?

Every time I try it, the quote & my post end up in the whole blue box, so its really hard to fish out my post from the original quote.

If you could help direct me in this I would appreciate it.  Thanx :-)

• '12

If I understand your question, you would like to have distinct replies to each point somebody made in a statement.  Since everything in between the [qu0te][/qu0te] tags is going to show up in a box, if you want something like this-

[qu0te]My comment #1[/qu0te]
    Your answer #1

[qu0te]My comment #2[/qu0te]
    Your answer #2

-what I end up doing is copying the entire comment block, and pasting it into my reply once for each individual point I am going to reply to.  Then I just delete out the extraneous bits from each section.  This seems faster to me than going in and adding the extra [qu0te][/qu0te] tags in the original text to make room for your comments.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m