• Customizer

Your loss.

But really, tanks in 1914?

Surely they’ll only be available after a number of turns?

And if you’re only interested in OOB what are ye doing on here?

• @Flashman:

Your loss.

But really, tanks in 1914?

Surely they’ll only be available after a number of turns?

And if you’re only interested in OOB what are ye doing on here?

I’m not interested in only OOB rules. I’m not interested in writing any opitional rules for a game I know nothing about, never seen, not for sale yet, never seen the map, and know nothing about the OOB rules. I’m interested in learning a game before I “improve” the game.

• '16

@Yavid:

I’m not interested in only OOB rules. I’m not interested in writing any opitional rules for a game I know nothing about, never seen, not for sale yet, never seen the map, and know nothing about the OOB rules. I’m interested in learning a game before I “improve” the game.

This.
    All these posts about big things that look like house rules, yet we hardly know much about the official game itself. Not to mention that so many of these posts contradict what we actually know (like no tech… or complex rules while we’re already told that the game will be LESS complex than A&A 1942… etc…) If someone were to call all of this speculating… that wouldn’t really be true.

I’m not saying we should not be talking about custom house rules and the like, but if this whole sub forum is for talking about what A&A 1914 might be like, why are we talking about things that most likely WILL NOT be in the game?

• Customizer

We’re also discussing the game IL is involved in, which might yet be subject to fine tuning.
    The official game has been developed in secret, and will probably have serious flaws due to a small pool of playtesters.

I will probably buy both (and any others of a similar stamp) and pimp them together. That, to me, is half the enjoyment of historical games - interpreting the history in your own way.

• @Flashman:

We’re also discussing the game IL is involved in, which might yet be subject to fine tuning.
    The official game has been developed in secret, and will probably have serious flaws due to a small pool of playtesters.

I will probably buy both (and any others of a similar stamp) and pimp them together. That, to me, is half the enjoyment of historical games - interpreting the history in your own way.

my bad I thought I was on the forum for Axis and Allies 1914

• Customizer

Until Larry escapes from the Wizard’s dungeon and gives us more info, there’s not a lot we can do but speculate on what we’d like to see.

• @Flashman:

Until Larry escapes from the Wizard’s dungeon and gives us more info, there’s not a lot we can do but speculate on what we’d like to see.

I agree but there’s no point in speculating about stuff we would like to see and suggest stuff we know won’t be in the game only to be “disappointed” when the game is released

• Perhaps just make a separate thread for house rules/wish-listing for 1914 to separate it from discussion of the official information, so there is no confusion?

• @Yavid:

@Flashman:

I agree but there’s no point in speculating about stuff we would like to see and suggest stuff we know won’t be in the game only to be “disappointed” when the game is released

That’s inevitable IMO. My main wish is that this game doesn’t need 2 Alpha’s like the last one did.

• @The-Janus said in Playable Nations in 1914:

defensive

Actually The King of Greece was married to the Kaiser’s sister and was more inclined to support the central powers. It was only due to a allied supported civil war that pushed Greece over to the Allies.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m