• I have been looking at moving my plane pieces to be on stands to give the game a little more height and general aesthetics.  I had thought of buying them and then later though it might not be too hard with nimble fingers to just super glue them to an existing stand.

I would of thought someone had done this previously with AA (Global 1940 in my case) but can’t find any examples or information on it.  Is this something that doesn’t work out and is a pitfall I am best to avoid?

• I haven’t ever bought any flight stands myself, but I do know that this company (from which I’ve bought other game supplies) makes a large variety:

http://www.litko.net/categories/Flight-Stands/

• Wow, that is exactly what I was looking for!  Thank you very much  :-D

Once I get my pieces painted and mounted I will throw some pictures up.  Still unsure of if it will actually solve any issues of crowded countries, and planes on carriers is going to be an issue.  But may just do half mounted / half normal to give the option of both.

• '14 '13

I have been working on my pieces and did this for for flight stands: The base is a simple wooden knob from Hobby Lobby (they fit perfectly on the chips), I bought a box of 250 pin needles for $3, I crazy glued the needle to the base, finally I heated the other end on an open flame and pushed it right into the bomber. It melted right in and its very secure.

pic 1-2.jpg

• '14 '13

@elzario:

Still unsure of if it will actually solve any issues of crowded countries, and planes on carriers is going to be an issue.  But may just do half mounted / half normal to give the option of both.

You could do all you bombers though, unless you have house rules that allow bombers to land on carriers or something.

• @jluna1273:

I have been working on my pieces and did this for for flight stands: The base is a simple wooden knob from Hobby Lobby (they fit perfectly on the chips), I bought a box of 250 pin needles for $3, I crazy glued the needle to the base, finally I heated the other end on an open flame and pushed it right into the bomber. I melted right in and its very secure.

Good idea.  It’s interesting how sometimes how the best results comes from clever yet simple solutions that aren’t obvious to think of.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m