• In the last game I played I went all out against Japan. I killed the EI Fleet and had 1 UK fighter survive. I Reinforced india with men from australia. Germany on his first turn took Trans-Jordan and had an inf and art left. He put 5 units in Libya. So I left egypt and killed his libyan force. Japan saw that the allies were probably going after him so he built 2 destroyers and 2 transports. My America had to build 2 Destroyers for the Europe theater to kill German subs and protect UK transport. The rest of the build was Carrier and 2 subs. Every turn for three turns I built 3 infantry, for India, and 2 fighters on UK that would make their way to Archangel and then India. I retreated India On UK’s T4 to make it back to Russia in Time for the German attack. By this time the US and IJN were nearly equal. After Japans turn japan had a slight edge in ships everytime. After Japans 3 turn he bought only sea units and was making more than US. He did this because he knew he could take India with a 100% success rate on T5. Seeing that US was putting all her money into Pacific meant that once India fell there would be nothing stopping Japan from taking over all of Asia. Germany didn’t recieve any pressure since I couldn’t kill the med fleet. By then Africa was nearly overun and hopes of getting it back were slim since US had her hands full in pacific and UK had been spending all her money on infantry and fighters. Germany had 3 subs 4 fighters and a bomber on the atlantic wall. On UK’s T4 she had enough to build a fleet for atlantic to start drops on T5, which on T5 I could only drop 2 units because I had 1 transport. Africa was completely taken by UK’s T5 and she had no money with the loss of All her collonies except for NZ, Australia, and Canada. Russia was hard pressed, but with UK’s 10 inf, 2 art, 1aa, 7 fighters, and bomber Russia would hold out for a few more turns, but Russia had to give up caucus on T7, and Germany being Rich and Japan making 45 a turn there was no way for US to ever outmatch the IJN. UK couldn’t put enough pressure on Germany to stop her from killing Russia.

What did I do wrong?

• I don’t want to say that anything you did was “wrong”, but it seems that you went from a KJF stategy to a “save Russia from Germany” strategy.
    If you want to KJF, then attack Japan and try to prevent them from gaining territories that will increase their income.
    If you elliminated the Japanese fleet on UK1, then you did good…that’s something I don’t usually risk. In the situation you’ve described I think I would have used the Austalians to take New Guinea instead of reinforcing India. Combine that move with a US1 attack on the Solomons then you may be able to force Japan’s attention away from the mainland.
    When I play the allies ,and want to put the hurt on Japan, my main objective for the US is Borneo…so I can build an IC there. And that has to be done as soon as possible to prevent Japan from becoming too strong.
    In your future games I suggest you put the pressure on the “money islands” as soon as you can. If you can get those then you’ll cut Japan’s income and if Japan wants them back then’ll they’ll have to divert forces intended for the mainland to contest them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m