Axis and Allies Computer Game

• I’m having serious trouble playing the computer game version. My computer is brand new, the game is about ten years old and still it takes 98-99% of my CPU, causing the computer to halt… Has anybody any sort of explenation or suggestions to what I should do?? :cry:

• Gimme some stats about your computer. (ex. Graphics Card, CPU, Memory, Etc.)

• Make sure you right click on the application exe file, then go to properties. Run in windows 95 mode.

• You didn’t say whether or not you are playing the orig. Axis & Allies CD game or the newer Axis and Allies - Iron Blitz and if this was off the CD or a downloaded version of the game. I’ve never had either CD but downloaded 2 different copies of Iron Blitz now . One was touted as a “ripped” version, was smaller in size (I’m guessing maybe 250 MB) and another version said to be the complete CD which was more like 450 MB. The “ripped” version ran just pathetically slow… painfully so, until I read a tip to copy all the data files into the DATA folder the install creates. This actually made the game playable and was so thankful to whoever figured that out! I tried just moving all the files into DATA folder (instead of copying them) and that didn’t work, seems some of the files need to stay where they are. I also tried just making aliases and putting those in DATA and that didn’t work either. So I just copied everything that wasn’t a folder into DATA and it worked flawlessly. Now the “full” CD download version that play now has all the “movie” sequences that the ripped one didn’t have and this version has only two big files in DATA (movies.MGF and music.MGF) but it also works perfectly. It must have something to do with how the “ripped” version was prepared/stripped down. Anyway, if you are using a downloaded version of the game there may be some help in all that for you. If you’re running off the CD, sorry… well maybe I helped somebody out there. :D ~Zero Pilot

The game does freeze your comp. occasionly and it sometimes right when your about to win :evil: ! Don’t know why it does it but there are “pathes” to fix it…

GG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m