• Enhanced Realism Ruleset

Anyone tried out these rules? Sounds pretty interesting. They address what I have always seen as the biggest flaw (well…not a flaw, but whatever) in A&A and that is that the player that has taken hits gets to choose the units to sacrifice (in most cases). In real combat, of course, that’s not the case. This modification to the standard rules addresses that issue in an interesting manner as well as other things, such as Artillery with AA guns and their role in amphibious battles etc. It also, among many other things, adds the capability for defenders to retreat. Why not?

If anyone has had any experience with this, let me know what you thought of it. As it is, I am still reading around to learn how to do a PBEM game. So, once I have done a few games by forum here, then I am going to maybe try out this mod.

• I like some of the rules, others I don’t. The only thing is that it’s rather complicated.

• 2007 AAR League

I think the main reason why the rules state that defenders can’t retreat is because they are considered to be in an intrenched position, or something that I thought of, maybe they’re surrounded.

The way I see it, the reason why the player that has taken hits gets to sacrifice his units is because if not, his or her best units would be taken out first, leaving his or her opponent with an advantage.

Personally I have never tried these rules but maybe I will sometime :D .

• I agree with GI, it needs some work but its still better than the original

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m