G40.2 Fortress (Axis) vs. Eqqman (Allies) no bid, no tech

• It IS allowed in Dutch territories - and you can actually land on them with air without activating them with land units. The ruling from Krieghund was that the Dutch aren’t neutral; they’re a non-playable Allied power whose capital is under enemy control and who have an agreement with the UK and ANZAC regarding the administering of their territories.

I’d guess that of all the questions in the FAQ, probably 1/3 are about eh Dutch and neutrals  :-)

• I need an OOL for you for the 2nd round of combat in 92. You’re way ahead in this battle. I was only 63% but I went for it anyway. Yuck.  :lol:

ool_i1.tsvg

• '12

I had wargamed out all the likely German responses, but the Italians were a big question mark since I don’t know how much of a gambler you are.  I had been really hoping you wouldn’t go for that attack but I probably would have done it myself in your shoes even knowing it meant a heavy loss for Italy no matter the outcome.

It would be nice if the MARTI server gave you a summary of how many hits those dice rolls come out to… if I give you a complete OOL, then you know exactly how far you have to go to meet whatever your goals for the attack are.  But I’ll run that risk for this battle:

BB takes a hit
    CV takes a hit
    CV is sunk (Planes to land in Gibraltar)
    DD sunk
    Cruisers sunk
    BB sunk
    Fighter lost
    Tactical Bomber lost

• '12

Did you have some kind of issue setting up your turn?  I have a different set of emails of dice rolled on the Italian turn that include a Submarine for SZ92.

• '12

Ah- I think I see the issue, you made some incorrect assumptions about how I would respond to round 1 losses.  At the point you have saved there, I should still have my DD and the Carrier should be dead already.  In the future please don’t make any assumptions on what I would lose in any battle.  During the German turn I pre-approved all the default selections since I saw that it wouldn’t matter to me in that battle, but it matters hugely in this case.  Any blank checks I write you for losses only apply for that turn :).

Obviously if I end up losing the land battle in Gibraltar my planes will need to land in Morocco.

• '12

As an addendum, this time I will take it on the chin, so please continue the battle with the original OOL I have posted.  So the Carrier should certainly be the very next unit I lose.

On a different topic, is there any way to edit your posts in this forum?  I can’t find an EDIT button and it would save the trouble of making multiple posts.

• I think it’s going to turn out the same no matter what in round 2 of combat (and ultimately in your favor, as I would’ve abandoned the attack if your carrier was sunk after the first combat round). They both hit at 2 and the damaged carrier next to a naval base is more valuable than a destroyer in case I abandon the attack after round 1 (so much so that that carrier was the only reason I pressed the attack after being down so much in round 1 with basically no chance to win.

Point taken, though. I’ll wait on future ool.

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3 Final, version: 3.3

Game History

Round :1

Purchase Units - Italians
                Italians buy 2 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 2 PUs;

Combat Move - Italians
                1 battleship and 1 cruiser moved from 97 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
                1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 95 Sea Zone to 93 Sea Zone
                1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 93 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
                1 artillery moved from Northern Italy to 95 Sea Zone
                1 artillery moved from Northern Italy to 97 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from Southern Italy to 97 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from Southern Italy to 95 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 95 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 97 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
                2 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from 92 Sea Zone to Gibraltar
                1 bomber moved from Northern Italy to 92 Sea Zone
                2 fighters moved from Southern Italy to 92 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from Libya to Tunisia
                1 artillery moved from Libya to Tunisia
                1 armour moved from Tobruk to Alexandria
                      Italians take Alexandria from British
                1 armour moved from Alexandria to Tobruk
                1 mech_infantry moved from Tobruk to Tunisia
                1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Ethiopia to Kenya
                      Italians take Kenya from British
                1 infantry moved from Italian Somaliland to Kenya

Combat - Italians
                Battle in Tunisia
                    Italians attack with 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
                    French defend with 1 infantry
                        Italians roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry in Tunisia, round 1 :  1/3 hits
                        French roll dice for 1 infantry in Tunisia, round 1 :  0/1 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the French lost in Tunisia
                    Italians win, taking Tunisia from French with 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                    Casualties for French: 1 infantry
                Battle in 92 Sea Zone
                    Italians attack with 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters, 1 submarine and 2 transports
                    British defend with 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber
                        Italians roll dice for 1 submarine in 92 Sea Zone, round 1 :  0/1 hits
                        Italians roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 2 transports in 92 Sea Zone, round 1 :  3/7 hits
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the British and 1 carrier owned by the British
                        British roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 92 Sea Zone, round 1 :  5/7 hits
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Italians
                        1 destroyer owned by the Italians , 1 submarine owned by the Italians , 2 cruisers owned by the Italians and 1 destroyer owned by the British lost in 92 Sea Zone
                        Italians roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 2 fighters and 2 transports in 92 Sea Zone, round 2 :  2/4 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 92 Sea Zone, round 2 :  3/6 hits
                        1 cruiser owned by the British , 1 fighter owned by the Italians , 1 battleship owned by the Italians , 1 carrier owned by the British and 1 bomber owned by the Italians lost in 92 Sea Zone
                    2 transports owned by the Italians retreated to 93 Sea Zone
                    British win with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is -44
                    Casualties for British: 1 carrier, 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer
                    Casualties for Italians: 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 submarine
                    1 tactical_bomber owned by the British and 1 fighter owned by the British forced to land in Gibraltar

Non Combat Move - Italians
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
                1 fighter moved from 92 Sea Zone to Southern France
                2 infantry moved from Albania to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Albania to Slovakia Hungary
                1 armour moved from Northern Italy to Slovakia Hungary
                2 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Yugoslavia
                2 aaGuns moved from Northern Italy to Yugoslavia
                1 aaGun moved from Southern Italy to Northern Italy
                4 infantry moved from Southern Italy to Northern Italy

Place Units - Italians
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Removing units owned by Italians from Southern France: 1 fighter
                EDIT: Adding units owned by Italians to 93 Sea Zone: 1 battleship
                EDIT: Changing unit hit damage for these Italians owned units to: battleship = 1
                2 mech_infantrys placed in Northern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
                Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 1
                    Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 72 Sea Zone. Rolls: 2
                Italians collect 11 PUs (1 lost to blockades); end with 13 PUs total

Territory Summary for Italians :

Alexandria : 1 flag
        Kenya : 1 flag, 1 artillery and 3 infantry
        Tunisia : 1 flag, 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
        Slovakia Hungary : 1 flag, 2 armour
        Tobruk : 1 flag, 1 armour, 1 artillery and 3 infantry
        Northern Italy : 1 flag, 1 aaGun, 1 factory_major, 4 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys
        Southern Italy : 1 flag, 1 aaGun, 1 airfield, 1 factory_minor and 1 harbour
        93 Sea Zone : 1 flag, 2 artilleries, 1 battleship, 2 infantry and 2 transports
        Yugoslavia : 1 flag, 2 aaGuns and 4 infantry

Production/PUs Summary :

Germans : 42 / 71
        Russians : 37 / 37
        Japanese : 30 / 40
        Americans : 52 / 53
        Chinese : 8 / 8
        British : 29 / 35
        UK_Pacific : 21 / 21
        Italians : 12 / 13
        ANZAC : 10 / 10
        French : 11 / 0
        Dutch : 7 / 0
        Mongolians : 0 / 0
        Neutral_Axis : 2 / 0
        Neutral_Allies : 4 / 0
        Neutral_True : 18 / 0

Dice Statistics:

Total
                1 was rolled 1 times
                2 was rolled 1 times
                3 was rolled 2 times
                4 was rolled 2 times
                6 was rolled 1 times
            Average roll : 3.286
            Median : 3.000
            Variance : 0.500
            Standard Deviation : 0.707
            Total rolls : 7

Null / Other
                2 was rolled 1 times
            Average roll : 2.000
            Median : 2.000
            Variance : ?
            Standard Deviation : ?
            Total rolls : 1

British Combat
                1 was rolled 1 times
                3 was rolled 2 times
                4 was rolled 2 times
                6 was rolled 1 times
            Average roll : 3.500
            Median : 3.500
            Variance : 0.800
            Standard Deviation : 0.894
            Total rolls : 6

• '12

Game History

Purchase Units - ANZAC
                ANZAC buy 1 transport; Remaining resources: 3 PUs;

Combat Move - ANZAC

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
                1 infantry moved from New South Wales to 62 Sea Zone
                1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 62 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from 45 Sea Zone to Dutch New Guinea
                      ANZAC take Dutch New Guinea from Dutch
                1 cruiser moved from 63 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer moved from 62 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
                2 aaGuns and 1 infantry moved from New South Wales to Queensland
                2 fighters moved from New Zealand to Queensland

Place Units - ANZAC
                1 transport placed in 62 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
                ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 13 PUs total

• '12

Game History

Combat Move - French
                1 destroyer moved from 72 Sea Zone to 79 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from French West Africa to French Central Africa
                1 infantry moved from Algeria to Morocco
                1 infantry moved from Syria to Trans-Jordan
                1 cruiser moved from 110 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Holland Belgium
                      French take Holland Belgium from Germans

Combat - French

Non Combat Move - French

Turn Complete - French

• TripleA

@Eqqman:

Chinese were hosed, lost a battle with 99% odds of success.

i assume you are talking about this game.
    a battle with 2infantry and 1 fighter vs 1 artillery has a 99% chance that the attacker wins with at least one unit surviving.
    however, you stopped when it was a fighter vs artillery which has a 50% chance of the attacker winning.

• '12

Hi!

I remember your handle from the last time I was playing TripleA several years ago.  At that time the big news was that the Pact of Steel and Big World maps had just been developed; I don’t recall what year that was, but I do know you were considered one of the unbeatable guys back then.  I had skimmed through the thread of what I think is your last game vs. Fortress and apparently that opinion is still valid… I was even considering PMing you to get a few tips.  Anyway, it’s cool that you just happen to pop in with a comment.

This game might be pretty short, as I had hoped that the SZ92 battle would scare Italy away and encourage them to make an early play for Cairo.  This made me less aggressive in Africa that I would have liked, since I couldn’t find a way to stage any attacks that wouldn’t give the odds for an I1 assault on Cairo down below 50% if Italy skipped SZ92.  My overall strategy may now be impossible to implement but I can’t be sure until after G2 & J2.  Of course, there is also the possibility that my plan was worthless from the get-go.

@allweneedislove:

I assume you are talking about this game.
    a battle with 2infantry and 1 fighter vs 1 artillery has a 99% chance that the attacker wins with at least one unit surviving.
    however, you stopped when it was a fighter vs artillery which has a 50% chance of the attacker winning.

Does that 50% include the prior knowledge that the two infantry had to be lost first, or is that for a fresh battle where nothing has been rolled yet? (For people reading this who are not well-versed in probabilities, it does matter)

• TripleA

hi eqqman,

good to see a long time player again. i had also taken a multi year break. i played tons of revised, missed out on the anniversary edition and came back when global was released. i saw your post on the global main page suggesting allies had the advantage, which i chalked up to lack of experience and figured you would change your mind with more game play. i have played global many times but am still new enough to not know for sure that axis have the clear advantage.

my last play by forum game(not including the team tournament i am in) was against fortress, he is very good player.

@Eqqman:

Does that 50% include the prior knowledge that the two infantry had to be lost first, or is that for a fresh battle where nothing has been rolled yet? (For people reading this who are not well-versed in probabilities, it does matter)

i was being fairly disingenuous, in the layout of my comment. a fighter vs art has a 50% chance at winning. but that does NOT mean that your result was likely 49% of the time.

i believe your result happens about 4% of the time. then you have a 50% chance at winning but you stopped.

• '12

@allweneedislove:

i saw your post on the global main page suggesting allies had the advantage, which i chalked up to lack of experience and figured you would change your mind with more game play. i have played global many times but am still new enough to not know for sure that axis have the clear advantage.

Well, the important part of my hypothesis is that both players are of equal skill.  If Fortress is significantly more skilled than I am, it will be a real uphill battle testing that out.  This is actually only my second game every playing Global 1940 with fellow humans, so I am trying to catalog all my more obvious mistakes for future reference.

@allweneedislove:

…a fighter vs art has a 50% chance at winning. but that does NOT mean that your result was likely 49% of the time.

i believe your result happens about 4% of the time. then you have a 50% chance at winning but you stopped.

That battle put me in a real bind.  I could have lost the fighter and taken the province, so the question is how vital is that fighter to the Allied war effort?  I sacrifice an irreplaceable 10IPC unit to get one round of Burma Road bonus income and a denial of an Aircraft landing site for Japan closer to Calcutta on J2.  At the time I instinctively went with saving my expensive unit but I had plenty of second thoughts afterwards.

• Need ool on Gibraltar. I,A,F,Tac attacking 3F,Tac. Attackers scored 2 hits in first round.

• '12

You can kill the tactical bomber off first.

What happened to the sub in SZ106?  The saved game says I won the battle but there don’t appear to be any dice rolled and I don’t see your sub anywhere.

• I didn’t even see I had a sub there until the combat phase started. Rather than restart my turn and redo all of my combat moves so that I could move him out of there, in the interests of time I just edited him out and into the Iceland seazone.

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3 Final, version: 3.3

Game History

Round :2

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 1 airfield, 1 carrier, 1 fighter, 1 infantry, 2 submarines and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 1 PUs;

Combat Move - Germans
                1 infantry moved from Western Germany to Holland Belgium
                1 infantry moved from Norway to 112 Sea Zone
                1 artillery moved from Norway to 112 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 112 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 112 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
                1 artillery moved from 91 Sea Zone to Gibraltar
                1 infantry moved from 91 Sea Zone to Gibraltar
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Southern Italy to Gibraltar
                1 fighter moved from Southern Italy to Gibraltar
                2 bombers moved from Western Germany to 91 Sea Zone
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Southern Italy to Greece
                5 infantry moved from Bulgaria to Greece
                3 armour moved from Yugoslavia to Greece
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Southern France to Normandy Bordeaux
                1 mech_infantry moved from France to Holland Belgium
                1 armour moved from Southern France to Normandy Bordeaux
                1 armour moved from France to Holland Belgium
                2 fighters moved from Western Germany to Normandy Bordeaux
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to Normandy Bordeaux
                1 tactical_bomber moved from 112 Sea Zone to Holland Belgium
                1 fighter moved from 112 Sea Zone to Holland Belgium

Combat - Germans
                Germans creates battle in territory 106 Sea Zone
                Battle in 91 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 2 bombers, 1 submarine and 1 transport
                    British defend with 1 destroyer
                        Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 91 Sea Zone, round 1 :  1/1 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 destroyer in 91 Sea Zone, round 1 :  0/1 hits
                        1 destroyer owned by the British lost in 91 Sea Zone
                    Germans win with 2 bombers, 1 submarine and 1 transport remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                    Casualties for British: 1 destroyer
                Battle in Normandy Bordeaux
                    Germans attack with 1 armour, 2 fighters, 2 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber
                    French defend with 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor and 1 harbour
                        Germans roll dice for 1 armour, 2 fighters, 2 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber in Normandy Bordeaux, round 1 :  1/6 hits
                        French roll dice for 1 artillery in Normandy Bordeaux, round 1 :  1/1 hits
                        1 artillery owned by the French and 1 mech_infantry owned by the Germans lost in Normandy Bordeaux
                    Germans win, taking Normandy Bordeaux from French with 1 armour, 2 fighters, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 mech_infantry
                    Casualties for French: 1 artillery
                Battle in Holland Belgium
                    Germans attack with 1 armour, 1 fighter, 1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    French defend with 1 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 1 armour, 1 fighter, 1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Holland Belgium, round 1 :  3/5 hits
                        French roll dice for 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 1 :  0/1 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the French lost in Holland Belgium
                    Germans win, taking Holland Belgium from French with 1 armour, 1 fighter, 1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                    Casualties for French: 1 infantry
                Battle in Greece
                    Germans attack with 3 armour, 5 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Neutral_Allies defend with 4 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 3 armour, 5 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Greece, round 1 :  2/9 hits
                        Neutral_Allies roll dice for 4 infantry in Greece, round 1 :  2/4 hits
                        2 infantry owned by the Germans and 2 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies lost in Greece
                        Germans roll dice for 3 armour, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Greece, round 2 :  2/7 hits
                        Neutral_Allies roll dice for 2 infantry in Greece, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        2 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies lost in Greece
                    Germans win, taking Greece from Neutral_Allies with 3 armour, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    Casualties for Neutral_Allies: 4 infantry
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 infantry
                    Turning on Edit Mode
                    EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from 106 Sea Zone: 1 submarine
                    Turning on Edit Mode
                    EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to 123 Sea Zone: 1 submarine
                Battle in 106 Sea Zone
                    British defend with 2 destroyers and 2 transports
                Battle in Gibraltar
                    Germans attack with 1 artillery, 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    British defend with 3 fighters, 1 harbour and 1 tactical_bomber
                        Germans roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Gibraltar, round 1 :  2/4 hits
                        British roll dice for 3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber in Gibraltar, round 1 :  2/4 hits
                        1 tactical_bomber owned by the British , 1 infantry owned by the Germans , 1 tactical_bomber owned by the Germans and 1 fighter owned by the British lost in Gibraltar
                        Germans roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 fighter in Gibraltar, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        British roll dice for 2 fighters in Gibraltar, round 2 :  2/2 hits
                        1 artillery owned by the Germans and 1 fighter owned by the Germans lost in Gibraltar
                    British winBritish win with 2 destroyers and 2 transports remaining with 2 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is -7
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 artillery, 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Casualties for British: 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber

Non Combat Move - Germans
                2 bombers moved from 91 Sea Zone to Southern France
                2 fighters moved from Normandy Bordeaux to 93 Sea Zone
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Southern France
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Holland Belgium to Southern France
                1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to Western Germany
                1 aaGun moved from Western Germany to Holland Belgium
                2 armour moved from France to Western Germany
                2 artilleries moved from France to Western Germany
                1 armour moved from France to Germany
                2 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Yugoslavia to Slovakia Hungary
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Greece to Southern France
                1 armour moved from France to Germany
                1 artillery moved from France to Western Germany
                1 aaGun moved from France to Southern France

Place Units - Germans
                1 carrier and 1 submarine placed in 93 Sea Zone
                1 infantry placed in Western Germany
                1 airfield placed in Southern France
                1 submarine and 2 transports placed in 112 Sea Zone
                1 fighter placed in Western Germany
                Germans undo move 5.
                Germans undo move 5.

Turn Complete - Germans
                Germans collect 46 PUs; end with 47 PUs total
                Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 52 PUs
                Objective Germans 1 Trade with Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 57 PUs

Territory Summary for Germans :

Normandy Bordeaux : 1 flag, 1 armour, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 1 mech_infantry
        Southern France : 1 flag, 1 aaGun, 1 airfield, 2 bombers, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 3 tactical_bombers
        France : 1 flag, 1 airfield and 1 factory_minor
        Slovakia Hungary : 1 flag, 2 artilleries and 6 infantry
        Western Germany : 1 flag, 1 aaGun, 1 airfield, 2 armour, 3 artilleries, 1 factory_major, 2 fighters, 1 harbour and 2 infantry
        Romania : 1 flag, 1 infantry
        Poland : 1 flag, 3 aaGuns, 2 artilleries and 15 infantry
        Germany : 1 flag, 2 armour and 1 factory_major
        Holland Belgium : 1 flag, 1 aaGun, 1 armour, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
        112 Sea Zone : 1 flag, 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 submarine and 2 transports
        123 Sea Zone : 1 flag, 1 submarine
        106 Sea Zone : 1 flag
        93 Sea Zone : 1 flag, 1 carrier, 2 fighters and 1 submarine
        Bulgaria : 1 flag
        Greece : 1 flag, 3 armour and 3 infantry
        Yugoslavia : 1 flag
        91 Sea Zone : 1 flag, 1 submarine and 1 transport
        Finland : 1 flag, 7 infantry

Production/PUs Summary :

Germans : 46 / 57
        Russians : 37 / 37
        Japanese : 30 / 40
        Americans : 52 / 53
        Chinese : 8 / 8
        British : 29 / 35
        UK_Pacific : 21 / 21
        Italians : 12 / 13
        ANZAC : 10 / 13
        French : 9 / 0
        Dutch : 7 / 0
        Mongolians : 0 / 0
        Neutral_Axis : 2 / 0
        Neutral_Allies : 2 / 0
        Neutral_True : 18 / 0

Dice Statistics:

Total
                1 was rolled 1 times
                3 was rolled 1 times
                4 was rolled 2 times
                5 was rolled 3 times
                6 was rolled 1 times
            Average roll : 4.125
            Median : 4.500
            Variance : 0.857
            Standard Deviation : 0.926
            Total rolls : 8

Germans Combat
                5 was rolled 2 times
            Average roll : 5.000
            Median : 5.000
            Variance : 4.000
            Standard Deviation : 2.000
            Total rolls : 2

British Combat
                1 was rolled 1 times
                3 was rolled 1 times
                4 was rolled 2 times
                5 was rolled 1 times
                6 was rolled 1 times
            Average roll : 3.833
            Median : 4.000
            Variance : 0.400
            Standard Deviation : 0.632
            Total rolls : 6

• '12

@Fortress:

I didn’t even see I had a sub there until the combat phase started. Rather than restart my turn and redo all of my combat moves so that I could move him out of there, in the interests of time I just edited him out and into the Iceland seazone.

Isn’t that an illegal move?  I placed those DDs there specifically to cancel the sub’s ability to move out of the way and give myself a high probability of killing it.  If I thought you could just slip it out anyway I would have made a different buy UK1.

• Every unit on the board can choose to move out of naval combat on their combat move; it’s not a sub ability that can be cancelled by the presence of a destroyer (if it was 3 battleships and 10 transports, they could do the same thing). In any case, you can go chase him down with a destroyer and kill him even easier on defense than if the sub attacked.

The only times you see this used is if a sub submerged in defense on an opponent’s previous turn, if somebody has just declared war, or if somebody built on top of naval.

In previous versions of the game, you couldn’t build naval in a contested seazone. You can, now. But on the attacker’s own turn, they get to move to avoid combat in their combat phase.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m