HBG's Amerika Game ON KICKSTARTER NOW - FUNDED!

• Customizer

Thanks for the link. So I guess US tanks are designated with a “T” when they are still in the developmental/prototype stage and an “M” when they reach full production model. I was unaware of this. Kind of like the “Y” for new fighter planes and “X” for new bombers.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Looks like we are submitting our Kickstarter info tonight for review  8-) 8-) 8-)

Should be up and running on the campaign by Thursday or Friday. We’ll keep you all in the loop! Be sure to check it out, tell your friends, loved ones, your dog, and whomever is willing to listen. Let’s make this one a success in a long line of successes! Thank you everybody!!! :-D :-D :-D

• Customizer

When you are sure it is good to go, please post a link to it here so it will be easier for us to get to.  Thanks.

:-D :-D Okay gang! We are up and running on the Kickstarter. Go go go! :-D :-D

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/859357440/amerika

• you want this a sticky or ?

@Imperious:

you want this a sticky or ?

That would be a great help! Thanks IL.

• I’m in.  Can’t wait.  Hope the funding goes well!

• '16

Seems the funding has really, really stalled over the past week.
    Pretty disappointing, I was looking forward to getting my copy in February… Meh.

Still, I’m hoping it jumps up again…

@ch0senfktard:

Pretty disappointing, I was looking forward to getting my copy in February… Meh.

Yes, we have noticed the same thing. We are hoping for a jump after GenCon now and another once we get final numbers on international shipping. Of course the best way to help is continuing to spread the word and get your gamer friends to throw in for a copy. Every bit helps!

• It was really great to see the game being played at GenCon and to talk with Coach about the projects HBG has on the drawing board. (I stopped by for an hour or so over lunch on Saturday and got to see both Amerika and Barbarossa being played.)

I’m really stoked about this game coming out!

• '16

@Variable:

@ch0senfktard:

Yes, we have noticed the same thing. We are hoping for a jump after GenCon now and another once we get final numbers on international shipping. Of course the best way to help is continuing to spread the word and get your gamer friends to throw in for a copy. Every bit helps!

I’ve already tried… without success… My buddies aren’t really into these games like I am. Sure they have fun playing, but they aren’t really really into it like I am… which should explain why I kick their asses in it every time.

I’ve posted discussions about “Amerika” in board game meetup groups that I’m apart of, hopefully I might get some to consider pitching in.

• Customizer

If the funding doesn’t reach $33K by the specified date, is it possible to extend the date? I hate to be a “negative nancy”, but it’s not looking good right now. I know a later funding date would mean later production and later release, but like the saying goes “Better late than never”.

• I agree, I do not believe that we will secure double the funding levels in the next 21 days.  Those folks who are passionate about this game have already pledged some money.  If we want to make this happen, those of us who pledged money need to pledge more.  So, I have stepped up to the plate.  I doubled my pledge to $200.  Those of you who can afford to need to consider doing the same, or the game’s release will either be greatly delayed, or cancelled outright.  I don’t need two copies of the game, but I am sure one of my buddies wouldn’t mind a copy as a gift.

@knp7765:

If the funding doesn’t reach $33K by the specified date, is it possible to extend the date? I hate to be a “negative nancy”, but it’s not looking good right now. I know a later funding date would mean later production and later release, but like the saying goes “Better late than never”.

Sorry for not getting back sooner, but it seems the last few days have been tough to get on here!

Unfortunately we are not allowed to extend the date. Once you pick a date on KS, that’s it. But we have added TONS of content to the KS page including photos from GenCon, 3D model renderings, and a pic of our battle board. If you have friends that didn’t like what they saw or cancelled, get them to take another look.

I think the best we can do now is to get some retailers interested in taking 4 or 8 copies at a time. KS only allows up to 10 copies per their rules. But 8 copies for a retailer is a good chunk of change and a great price for them. Tell your local game store to contact us if they want to buy in (semi-) bulk.

We’ve had several people cancel (not from here) that I wish we could get back. Coach and I are working on a few investors to help out but we will still need a bunch more pledges. We appreciate all you guys have done thus far. If any of you know someone who would be interested in helping to fund the project beyond buying a game or two, please have them contact Coach (Doug) at info@historicalboardgaming.com.

Thank you for your support!

• '16

Think there could be pictures of the actual minis?
    Seeing the models is cool, but wouldn’t pictures of the actual pieces be more enticing to people?

• Customizer

They haven’t made the actual pieces yet. That’s part of the expense of the game.

• How many games will $33,000 produce?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@ch0senfktard:

Think there could be pictures of the actual minis?
    Seeing the models is cool, but wouldn’t pictures of the actual pieces be more enticing to people?

This is a huge expense for a game that may not be produced.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Pacific:

How many games will $33,000 produce?

The $33,000 does not cover all the expense but we will produce 1,500 games which is the minimum run for most manufacturers.

• Customizer

I just checked the kickstarter page and there is less money and 3 less backers than there were a couple of days ago. WHAT THE HELL?!?!?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m