• Customizer

Suggestion for observation balloons (can be retro-fitted to any game from Napoleonic wars onward):

unit costs 2

gives observation/artillery bonus, that is it can “see” over the border into enemy tt

in combat vs plane balloon is always destroyed, BUT on a roll of 1 the gas explosion destroys the attacking plane

Would anyone risk an expensive fighter just to destroy balloons? Clearly the advantages of observing the enemy must be sufficient to be worth countering. Eventually, large dogfights between several planes represent exactly the same thing at a more advanced level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observation_balloon

• http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=29354.0

I personally would like to talk and read about Axis and Allies 1914 but every conversation turns into a conversation about what’s going to be in the other WW1 game coming out. So would people if they don’t mind talk about the other game here and let everyone else that wants to talk about Axis and Allies 1914 do that in the Axis and Allies 1914 part of the forum.

• Customizer

Its only IL that can do that, as he’s the one who knows what the “other” game is called, and just how different its going to be.

• there’s been alot of people talking rules or units that Larry has already said will not be in the game and IMO it’s a pointless conversation to talk about stuff we could add to the game before we get the game released and have read the rulebook. And it’s really annoying because that kind of stuff seems to over take every conversation about the game and again it’s stuff that’s flat not going to be there and we know that

• Customizer

To that extend, its completely pointless anyone saying anything whatsoever until the game has been released. Come back when it is, and you’ll find us more than willing to discuss the official rules. Until then we can only speculate and suggest, not just about your precious OOB, but about how the game might develop and expand. The Global experience ought to tell you that OOB rules are unlikely to be set in stone for long.

• @Flashman:

To that extend, its completely pointless anyone saying anything whatsoever until the game has been released. Come back when it is, and you’ll find us more than willing to discuss the official rules. Until then we can only speculate and suggest, not just about your precious OOB, but about how the game might develop and expand. The Global experience ought to tell you that OOB rules are unlikely to be set in stone for long.

Let me set something straight I hate OOB rules. I just don’t believe in house rules for a game I don’t know how to play and no one else does either.

• @Yavid:

@Flashman:

Let me set something straight I hate OOB rules. I just don’t believe in house rules for a game I don’t know how to play and no one else does either.

Revised was one of the few where OOB cut it, and thats’ mainly because it included 6 NA’s per power.

• @vonLettowVorbeck1914:

@Yavid:

@Flashman:

Revised was one of the few where OOB cut it, and thats’ mainly because it included 6 NA’s per power.

I miss NAs

• @Yavid:

@vonLettowVorbeck1914:

@Yavid:

@Flashman:

I miss NAs

When my dad and I play global (usually Oztea’s '41) we have 7 charts of 6 each

Ger, Jpn, Ger/Italy, USSR, UK, USA, China/Anzac/France

Many I stole from others, some I created, some he created.

Sometimes we also use a tech system I found over at Harris Design based on income, makes for a crazy game.

A lot of pieces from this game are probably going to make their way into global as elites or cheaper or faster alternatives, etc.

I don’t know why Larry doesn’t just puke out a few NA’s, it’s been my understanding that when you play with them perfect balance isn’t the first priority.

• I don’t know why Larry doesn’t do an expansion pack for A&A. Better Tech chart, Tech Units, set-up changes for each year, NA for each nation there’s so much they could do with 1 expansion it’s insane.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m