• i was thinking, every time ive seen the axis win, its either been by IPC or by taking Russia/UK. has anyone ever really gone after the US? more than alaska/hawaii/etc. it seems that the US is constantly building trannies/fighters to send to UK or a navy to fight japan. Heres an idea, the German player builds its trannie fleet as though it was attacking the UK, it loads the INF on from W/Eur and jumps them over to the east coast. even a decent US player doesnt really coinsider that as much of a threat and you could probably catch him off guard. then just buy 2-3 inf a turn there to hold it from any possible counter attack.

• Well, in one of my more humiliating games, Germany took a lone transport and ran it over to EUs. I have no idea why it was empty, but we had to give up because there was no way we could have stopped Germany.

• What if GB has an AC and at least the Battleship they sart with? two planes and a battleship VS. a bunch of transports? I think I know where I would place my money but that is just me.

• this is assuming the trannies are sitting in the UKSZ before they’re loaded, so the brit carrier would have to be somwhere else. if the brits have a carrier, build the trannies from S/EUR

• I lost the EUS to Japan once, after they came through the canal. I thought they were going for Brazil. I just wasn’t paying attention though.

There is no way Germany should be able to get a single transport into the North Atlantic for more than one turn. If they build them the US and GB have to sink them immediately. If you are playing allies that are decent, it would never happen.

• Anytime I’ve seen anyone take the US it’s been because of a lack of concentration on the part of the US player, either that or it’s been because one of the Axis is going buck wild and stomping. BUT, the latter point is out if you’re playing economic victory since if at any point an Axis has the ability to launch serious attacks on the US mainland it usually means they have defeated Russia, contained England and are basically mopping things up.

The US just has too much of an economic ability to put troops in place within a turn to thwart any attack, which is usually easily seen in advance (massing of transports).

• 2007 AAR League

Pretty much the only time that I’ve ever seen the U.S. be conquered in a real game, not a game when I was just playing against myself, is when Germany conquered Britain on there first move and then sent about 6 fighters and one bomber (or something like that) over to the U.S., winning the game pretty easily.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m