Tankfest 2013 - Bovington UK. Re-enactors required.

• Re-enactors for TANKFEST Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th June 2013 required.
    Tank Museum, Bovington, Dorset, UK

TANKFEST 2013 examines the adversarial nature of tank warfare, pitting one nations fighting armour against that of another. Our arena displays will examine the great armoured confrontations of the last century with our unique collection of working tanks.

The show finale, the mock battle, will present a scenario dreaded by millions in the post war years… What if the cold war turned hot? For the first time, we will try to show how NATO would try and hold a Soviet force on the Plains of Germany with the potent threat of a nuclear strike. We have a number of cold war vehicles we can place in our arena and ‘destroy’ and add to the setting. We also have a fleet of FV 432’s that we can use for an infantry attack. The more troops that we can have taking part in this battle will add to the spectacle for public and we may be able to help kit out some of these troops.

We are keen to attract a wide range of re-enactor groups from all wars and those in-between, to set up camp on our fields. We have particular interest in those covering twentieth century warfare, especially those who represent Soviet or NATO Cold War forces.

The Tank Museum will be managing all living history bookings, please contact us to apply for your living history entry form. tankfest@tankmuseum.org or 01929 405096 ext. 238

• Thank you for the advance notice Tank museum. When I saw your username, Bovington was the first thing to come into my head. Would have liked to have seen the working Tiger, but was told it was sold out. I have not been for 8 years. Am dying to go back.
    Will seriously think about it.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

That sounds like a blast!

• I love tanks and I miss out on lots of things because of work. This is on my doorstep (3-4 hours away), I should make the effort. My wife thinks I should go!
    I work Saturdays, so might be I have to close that week. At least I have ample notice.

• @wittmann:

Thank you for the advance notice Tank museum. When I saw your username, Bovington was the first thing to come into my head. Would have liked to have seen the working Tiger, but was told it was sold out. I have not been for 8 years. Am dying to go back.
    Will seriously think about it.

Hi, we do have a Tiger day in 2013 on Saturday 30th March, check out our webiste on the events diary page.

Best wishes,
    Tank Museum

• Thank you for informing me.
    And great idea of yours to join the forum to tell us too.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m