Initial Techs for Each Country/Nation @ Startup…

• How about this:

Russia starts with Industrial Technology (with the rule that infantry cost 2.5 ipcs – i.e. still 3 ipcs for 1 infantry, but only 5 ipcs for 2 infantry).

Germany starts with both Super Subs and Jet Power

UK starts with Long-Range Aircraft

Japan starts with both Super Subs and Jet Power

US starts with Long-Range Aircraft

Do this seem fair?

• No, this doesn’t seem really fair: Giving the Russians Industrial Tech is far too huge an advantage: all of a sudden Russia is getting an extra 3 Inf per turn, and there is nothing Germany can really do about it: Super Subs is rarely useful after G1, as the fleet dies on UK1 and US1, and Jet Power MIGHT kill about one Russian Inf per turn: Russia would be in Berlin long before Japan’s Jet Power (which doesn’t make a difference: how often are Japanese Fighters attacked BEFORE Moscow falls? Pearl Harbor? That’s it.) and Super Subs (one sub! Yaay!) can help. If you got rid of the Industrial Tech, then I think this would be equal: America and Britain could use Long Range Aircraft, but Super Subs and Jet Power are about even in that case.

• What if you gave Russia IT for everything except infantry?

• I think I would buy all tanks if infantry are 3 ipcs and tanks are 4.

• 2007 AAR League

It all seems pretty fair to me except for maybe the Russian industrial technology. However, I’m not sure.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m