Tigerman's Barbarossa Game now at HBG

• Customizer

In a number of places, I see stacks of black or blue chips with no combat unit on them or even near them. What do those represent?

• '10

@knp7765:

In a number of places, I see stacks of black or blue chips with no combat unit on them or even near them. What do those represent?

Those are supplies used to activate land or air units in a zone. A supply token has to be in the same zone or adjacent to it to activate that zone. Once the units in a zone are activated they may move in the combat phase or later in the non-combat phase provided they did not move in the combat phase. Of course the supplies have to be kept moving “during non-combat” which creates an interesting logistics problem. The supplies may be moved with three types of units. Trains, trucks, and air transports. The logistics are a real nightmare until you play a few games and develop a plan for getting them to the front. I think it is fun and challenging. But if you dont have a lot of patience then it may be better to play a simpler game without supply.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Why is russia getting stomped so hard?

And why the hell would they stay in Stalingrad to -fight-  it’s obvious that it’s going to be a slaughter…  Retreat/withdraw/re-engage.

• '10

@Gargantua:

Why is russia getting stomped so hard?

And why the hell would they stay in Stalingrad to -fight-  it’s obvious that it’s going to be a slaughter…  Retreat/withdraw/re-engage.

Dont panic Garg, its just a test game. The Russian player found out what not to do. Namely retreat and turtle up in Moscow and Stalingrad. The Russians need to sacrifice rear guard units and trade space for time. Time to reach full mobilization and accumulate offensive units.

• '10

@Fishmoto37:

@knp7765:

Those are supplies used to activate land or air units in a zone. A supply token has to be in the same zone or adjacent to it to activate that zone. Once the units in a zone are activated they may move in the combat phase or later in the non-combat phase provided they did not move in the combat phase. Of course the supplies have to be kept moving “during non-combat” which creates an interesting logistics problem. The supplies may be moved with three types of units. Trains, trucks, and air transports. The logistics are a real nightmare until you play a few games and develop a plan for getting them to the front. I think it is fun and challenging. But if you dont have a lot of patience then it may be better to play a simpler game without supply.

In this post I mentioned playing a game without supply. Having thought it over I dont think that will work as the original game is structured to use the supply system. If the Germans did not have to spend a large portion of their income to keep supplies going to the front ( supplies, trains, trucks, and transport aircraft) then they could spend all their income on combat units. With the large number of units in the German setup, then the game would be terribly unbalanced.

Dirty Russians…

• '10

@Gargantua:

Dirty Russians…

What can I say?? Back in the day they were just REDS! Of course you probably dont remember that far back Garg.

• '10

@Tigerman77:

I am making some changes to the rules and the setups, mostly rules. One is the Minors armor units will be light tanks and not medium or heavy.

OK, this means that minors will have only light tanks? What about the rules for Generals?

• '14

Working with HBG to possibly have some general tokens to use for this game.

• '10

@Tigerman77:

�  � We need some rules for generals otherwise no need for tokens. I can always house rule somthing of course. Also army cards will be needed for this game. See photo with army card glued on one of HBGs coasters.

IMAG0028.JPG

• '14

@Fishmoto37:

@Tigerman77:

� � � We need some rules for generals otherwise no need for tokens. I can always house rule somthing of course. Also army cards will be needed for this game. See photo with army card glued on one of HBGs coasters.

We are working on the rules for the General tokens also!

• I’m just going to put this game away for awhile until all the changes stop.

@SS:

I’m just going to put this game away for awhile until all the changes stop.

SHAME!

• '10

@SS:

Do not hold your breath until all the changes stop. This Barbarossa game is still in the testing stages. Look how many changes Larry Harris made through the years. Started with a simple global game and now how many are there now? Plus two Europe and two Pacific games. Axis and Allies games are always about change. Trying to improve and make them better. Jump into Barbarossa with both feet and post your thoughts.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Fishmoto37:

@SS:

Do not hold your breath until all the changes stop. This Barbarossa game is still in the testing stages. Look how many changes Larry Harris made through the years. Started with a simple global game and now how many are there now? Plus two Europe and two Pacific games. Axis and Allies games are always about change. Trying to improve and make them better. Jump into Barbarossa with both feet and post your thoughts.

Well said Fish!

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

It’s an awesome game fish, thanks.

• As soon as Tigerman posts new rule updates, will start playing. Just bought a bunch of pieces that some can`t be used now. I will use them in my 39 game.  :-P

• '10

Here is today’s test game of Barbarossa. Situation after one turn. Notice that Russia has a rear guard blocker in every zone ready for turn two.

IMAG0135.JPG
    IMAG0137.JPG

• '10

Here we are after six turns when we stopped todays session. Second photo shows the front lines. Snow and rain plus Russian rear guard have slowed the axis advance. The Russians are now at full production.

IMAG0160.JPG
    IMAG0162.JPG

• '14

@Fishmoto37:

@SS:

This is so true. Remmber that Larry has a lot more in resourses than I. So that means you guys are key in making these games better!!  I know it can be frustrating at times to play a game that has a few broken rules but that is why your feedback is so valuable.  I have an update version of the rules already sent to HBG for reviewing so it shouldn;t be too much longer.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m