• What is it about a grey horse, the rain and a shoot out in a saloon?
    I have always loved Westerns. Unforgiven(just watched for the umpteenth time) is probably my favourite, but I also love ones with any mention of the Civil War.(Josey Wales is one, but there are many.)
    I grew up with Shane and the John Ford films, as my English grandfather was a film buff. He could tell me the name of every bit piece actor in films from the 40s, 50s and 60s.
    I have tried to memorise them too.
    Is funny as my wife knows all our contemporary actors/actresses and I cannot learn their names
    I blame old age!

• Sponsor

I didn’t think it was Oscar worthy until I watched it the second time, now after watching it about 6 times, I think it has one of the best endings in Hollywood history. Unfortunatly, the western genre has not been getting a lot of respect in the last decade, the 3:10 to Yuma remake is the only one worth mentioning after Unforgiven, maybe True Gritt, but is there any good original westerns in the works?..… I hope so.

• I liked Yuma too and True Grit. Am happy watching old ones though. Reminds me of my Grandad, so that is no bad thing.
    Thank you for responding.

• I love Unforgiven.  It’s one of my favorite movies.

I hear there is a Japanese remake in the works.

• @Jermofoot:

I love Unforgiven.  It’s one of my favorite movies.

Really?  I am funny when it comes to subtitles: I find I look down and read them(obviously necessary in this case). Then I miss what is going on!
    I would watch it if Ken Watanabe was playing the lead.
    I considered watching “Letters from Iwo Jima” yesterday.
    Will do soon.

• @wittmann:

@Jermofoot:

I love Unforgiven.  It’s one of my favorite movies.

Really?  I am funny when it comes to subtitles: I find I look down and read them(obviously necessary in this case). Then I miss what is going on!
    I would watch it if Ken Watanabe was playing the lead.
    I considered watching “Letters from Iwo Jima” yesterday.
    Will do soon.

It actually is Watanabe, and I forgot they are doing it as a Samurai film (which is cool since so many westerns owe to Akira Kurosawa’s work, one of my favorite directors).

http://screenrant.com/unforgiven-remake-samurai-ken-watanabe/

• Great news. Will have to watch it twice then. First time I will watch the subtitles, the second I will watch the action!
    Or maybe the other way round.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m