Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

Just watched Unforgiven again.

• 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 '14 '13 Moderator

What is it about a grey horse, the rain and a shoot out in a saloon?
    I have always loved Westerns. Unforgiven(just watched for the umpteenth time) is probably my favourite, but I also love ones with any mention of the Civil War.(Josey Wales is one, but there are many.)
    I grew up with Shane and the John Ford films, as my English grandfather was a film buff. He could tell me the name of every bit piece actor in films from the 40s, 50s and 60s.
    I have tried to memorise them too.
    Is funny as my wife knows all our contemporary actors/actresses and I cannot learn their names
    I blame old age!

• I didn’t think it was Oscar worthy until I watched it the second time, now after watching it about 6 times, I think it has one of the best endings in Hollywood history. Unfortunatly, the western genre has not been getting a lot of respect in the last decade, the 3:10 to Yuma remake is the only one worth mentioning after Unforgiven, maybe True Gritt, but is there any good original westerns in the works?..… I hope so.

I liked Yuma too and True Grit. Am happy watching old ones though. Reminds me of my Grandad, so that is no bad thing.
    Thank you for responding.

• I love Unforgiven.  It’s one of my favorite movies.

I hear there is a Japanese remake in the works.

@Jermofoot:

I love Unforgiven.  It’s one of my favorite movies.

Really?  I am funny when it comes to subtitles: I find I look down and read them(obviously necessary in this case). Then I miss what is going on!
    I would watch it if Ken Watanabe was playing the lead.
    I considered watching “Letters from Iwo Jima” yesterday.
    Will do soon.

• @wittmann:

@Jermofoot:

I love Unforgiven.  It’s one of my favorite movies.

Really?  I am funny when it comes to subtitles: I find I look down and read them(obviously necessary in this case). Then I miss what is going on!
    I would watch it if Ken Watanabe was playing the lead.
    I considered watching “Letters from Iwo Jima” yesterday.
    Will do soon.

It actually is Watanabe, and I forgot they are doing it as a Samurai film (which is cool since so many westerns owe to Akira Kurosawa’s work, one of my favorite directors).

http://screenrant.com/unforgiven-remake-samurai-ken-watanabe/

Great news. Will have to watch it twice then. First time I will watch the subtitles, the second I will watch the action!
    Or maybe the other way round.

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m