• Would be a must see. Darn fine action film.

Unless you hate Craig as Bond, it is worth the time.

It also has the baddest ass way to do a shot of booze in all of cinema, at least until somebody can show/tell me where similar has been done before. A Peckinpah western maybe?

• Sponsor

I’m going after the weekend, Rotten Tomatoes rates it better than The Dark Knight Rises.

• @Young:

I’m going after the weekend, Rotten Tomatoes rates it better than The Dark Knight Rises.

I think it is better than TDKR.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Anyone playing Bond that isnt Sean Connery is an immitator.  Not that they cant do a good job, but, c’mon!  It’s not BOND without Sean!

• It’s not BOND without Sean!

Well that would require a wheelchair at this point.

Rodger Moore was ok

They tried with Remington Steele but that midget needed a ladder just to be at eye level with the other actors, it would look funny with them talking at the floor so he got fired.

This new guy seems ok. I was gonna see that today but opted for Cloud Atlas which is a Neitsche movie about his concept of time and life, ‘eternal recurrence’.

• All the Bonds had their moments. I actually thought " Remington Steele brought something - panache maybe.
    Oh yeah Jennifer -i gave you the down arrow. So cliche.

I guess Daniel Craig isnt bad.  He just doesnt have the same flair as Sean Connery in my opinion.  Down arrow or not!

• Sean Connery was a great bond, but I like Daniel Craig too.  But, I like the ladies even more.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

George Lazenby. Hands down.

He only played bond once but still holds the record for getting laid the most out of any Bond.

Also, he wasn’t even British.

BTW, it was a good movie.  Nice it heralded back a lot to previous bonds…I like continuity.

• Customizer

I’m not a Bond guy but saw it the other day. It was a good movie and I liked the villain. Moore was my first Bond, Octopussy, good flick. If anyone on here is a Bond junkie can you tell me if Skyfall was ever referenced before? It seems like it may have been an homage to long time fans, maybe something from the novels or the movies, I don’t know but it seemed like if you were more involved in the mythos you might have gotten more from the movie.

• spoilers

I don’t remember Skyfall from any of the Fleming novels but it has been over twenty years since I’ve read them. Fleming did give how Bond’s parents were killed (mountain climbing accident) but I’m fairly sure Skyfall was just for this film. Skyfall made a nice red herring. I was trying to read a lot more into it but it was really quite simple and they give it away as not being some part of the villain’s plot quite early if you let yourself connect the dots.

• @Cromwell_Dude:

I can’t wait to see this movie. And, I’m not ashamed to admit “Octopussy” is one of my favorite movies.

“Octopussy” is fine. Everyone just piles on it because it is ‘cool’ to do so. People trying to put on airs of discernment.

• Customizer

Octopussy was my first Bond film. I remember the hottie and the plane flying through the hangar and that’s it. However it made Moore the Bond for me.

• I was about fourteen and Magda is still one of my favorites of the Bond hotties.

• Sponsor

Just watched Skyfall, amazing cinematography, good acting performances, terrible writing. The plot line was so predictable, slow paced, and thin… IMO it didn’t hold a candle to what Chis Nolan has done as far as story telling and plot lines. When they rate it better than last Batman… thats what I’m going to compare it too. My buddy and I were both disappointed by the unchallenging, and single layered script, I guess I was expecting to much for a Bond flick… but the hype held my time and wallet hostage.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The bad guy was the best part of the movie… what an LOL. :)

• Well for me TDKR was a good movie. I didn’t find it to be a good Batman movie. Actually the whole Nolan Bat Trilogy while good isn’t very good Batman to me. “Skyfall” was both a good movie and a good Bond movie hence why I think it is ‘better’ than TDKR. And “Skyfall” does look amazing. There is some great photography in that movie. TDKR is just sort of gray.

• Customizer

I’d have to agree. I’m not a big Bond fan but love Batman. You can’t make a good Batman movie without it being grey. You can make a good Batman movie however with out having Bruce Wayne wuss out for 8 years because his butt ugly girlfriend died. Skyfall felt like a Bond movie, the villain was awesome, the action was just unbelievable enough without being too over the top Except the part where half of the train gets ripped apart and the conductor doesn’t seem to notice or stop the train.
    um, spoilers, a train gets ripped in half.

• @Most:

I’d have to agree. I’m not a big Bond fan but love Batman. You can’t make a good Batman movie without it being grey. You can make a good Batman movie however with out having Bruce Wayne wuss out for 8 years because his butt ugly girlfriend died. Skyfall felt like a Bond movie, the villain was awesome, the action was just unbelievable enough without being too over the top Except the part where half of the train gets ripped apart and the conductor doesn’t seem to notice or stop the train.
    um, spoilers, a train gets ripped in half.

Disagree that Batman movies need to be gray. Batman works in the dark which is very different than gray. Granted it was winter and shot in Pittsburgh and winter in the midwest is well, gray, but TDKR is not a very appealing film from a cinematography stand point.

You also point out the really important difference for me. Batman quit, locked himself in a room and felt sorry for himself and then whined about coming back. Bond quit for a couple of months after getting shot and falling off a moving train. He spent his time on a beach getting l*^d and doing shots with the hand he was balancing a live scorpion on. As soon as he was needed, he got on a plane and reported for duty.

I found it a lot easier to get behind Bond.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m