• @ABWorsham:

@ABWorsham:

Here is a Star Wars question: If you were Mace Windu and discovered that Palpatine was the Sith Lord, and had your choice of any three Clone War era Jedi at your side for the confrontation, who would you choose?

Which three would you think would have the best chance to survive?

The three Jedi with the best chance of survival when fighting Palpatine at Mace Windu’s side, and who are still alive at that point of the film, would be Yoda, Obi-wan and Anakin.  Yoda because Yoda does later demonstrate in the film that he can survive (though not win) a fight against Palpatine.  Obi-wan because Obi-wan later demonstrates in the film that he can survive (and win) a fight against Anakin, whose blood count and Force rating is quite probably higher than Palpatine’s.  And Anakin for the simple reason that he and Palpatine have no reason to kill each other because they need each other and want to be on the same team.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@CWO:

And Anakin for the simple reason that he and Palpatine have no reason to kill each other because they need each other and want to be on the same team.

Yes, but Anakin is an unstable factor that could (and did) throw the entire operation. In terms of raw ability, Anakin should be up there with Yoda and Sidious, but you would also have to take into account the reality of the situation. Mace told Anakin to stay behind precisely because he was afraid how susceptible Anakin was to Sidious’ influence. Anakin almost contained himself, but ultimately felt the need to intervene.

• I agree with Hoffman here.
    Ani is to unstable.

• Never go out unprepared. You never know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlyiE4N5Sh8

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

After seeing the Rogue One trailer I’m convinced Star Wars should be renamed the Death Star Saga; Empire can now be referred to as “The One Without a Death Star.” I’d rather just play the superb arcade-style Rogue Squadron series.

• @General:

After seeing the Rogue One trailer I’m convinced Star Wars should be renamed the Death Star Saga; Empire can now be referred to as “The One Without a Death Star.”

Actually, Episode 1 didn’t have a Death Star either.

But anyway, thanks for the tip about the trailer…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg

…which I’ve just watched.  It’s just under two minutes long, but I actually enjoyed it way more than Episode VII.

• '17 '16

@General:

After seeing the Rogue One trailer I’m convinced Star Wars should be renamed the Death Star Saga; Empire can now be referred to as “The One Without a Death Star.”

Well to be fair, this is not a “new” Deathstar (aka: Death Star III)… its’ the original Death Star (from Episode IV), and about the Rebellion’s stealing of the plans to find a way to destroy it (which some guy named “Luke” eventually does).  Something about the Empire putting a trench, that leads directly to a button that leads directly to the core, that leads directly to exploding the entire thing up… someone at the Imperial Design Bureau seriously needs to be fired.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

On a personal level it feels like the Death Star is too central to these plots and is too convenient. However I’ll give this movie the benefit of the doubt since it looks like it will branch out from the wobbly Force mythology it has set up. Not every protagonist needs to be force attuned and have a great destiny ahead of him or her.

And as egregious as that design flaw of the original Death Star is, at least the original battlestation put up a better fight than Starkiller Base. It took a force guided shot on the last possible attack run (after two failed waves) to go down.

• SW fanboy here…this is the one movie (Rogue One) where you cannot shit on the use of a Death Star because it’s the original Death Star…we know that it’s not even going to be fired (the first time they use it is to blow up Alderaan)…so it should be more of a war-type flick with this group of spies stealing the plans, fleeing for their lives, then I assume they all die sending the transmission to Leia’s blockade runner that we see in the beginning of A New Hope…looks like it could be a lot of fun, except for the line “I rebel.”…that’s just lazy dialogue

@General:

On a personal level it feels like the Death Star is too central to these plots and is too convenient. However I’ll give this movie the benefit of the doubt since it looks like it will branch out from the wobbly Force mythology it has set up. Not every protagonist needs to be force attuned and have a great destiny ahead of him or her.

Agreed. However, I can handle this one because it is the original Death Star and it is an untold take on a long hinted at story. I have been looking forward to this movie much more than I ever did for Force Awakens. Although my excitement for that was essentially a negative value, so take that for what it is worth.

I really hope this one turns out well… Lord I pray there are no JJ Abrams style 3-D loops with ships going upside down and that crap. Just make it like a regular Star Wars movie please.

• '17 '16 '15 '12

after tfa, I have no hope for nr VIII. rogue one, on the other hand, I am looking forward to it so much. They seem to be free, free of precedence, of expectations. Oh boy, can it be better than having Mon Mothma? Actually…is it dreaming too big to expect Ackbar as slave of Tarkin (not sure timeline-wise if he still was at that time)?

In any case, they seem to try hard to recreate the ANH look, which is good.

• The Trailer got me with the sound of the alarm sirene and the typically sound of an
    All Terrain-AT fireing his cannons.

Kinda reminds me of:

Darth Vader: He is as clumsy as he is stupid! General… prepare your troops for a surface attack.

General Veers: Yes, my Lord.

Or:
    General Veers: Yes, Lord Vader. I’ve reached the main power generators. The shield will be down in moments. You may start your landing.

• Rouge one will fit in right between RoS and AnH.
    That means there could be the possibility to see Darth Vader smashing some
    Kasshikktrees and hunting down some Jedis.

The title doesn’t allow a speculation lime this.
    But i think the new looking Evo helmets are a tiny hint on this Trailer.

Just me thinking out loud.

@aequitas:

Rouge one will fit in right between RoS and AnH.

They are going to bring Vader back. It is inevitable.

Most marketable icon in pop culture… Disney can’t say no to all the $$$.

• @LHoffman:

@aequitas:

Rouge one will fit in right between RoS and AnH.

They are going to bring Vader back. It is inevitable.

Most marketable icon in pop culture… Disney can’t say no to all the $$$.

That would raise another question.
    Who will it be?

@aequitas:

Who will it be?

What do you mean who? Like the guy in the costume? As long as he can bring the brooding presence in the costume, it shouldn’t really matter. Voice will have to be James Earl Jones as always.

• @LHoffman:

@aequitas:

Who will it be?

What do you mean who? Like the guy in the costume? As long as he can bring the brooding presence in the costume, it shouldn’t really matter. Voice will have to be James Earl Jones as always.

For some weird reason I thought he allready past away (Earl Jones).

@aequitas:

For some weird reason I thought he allready past away (Earl Jones).

Haha… weird cause I had the same thought and had to check real quick. I think there was some fake report that went around a few months ago that he had died. Made me do a double take too.

Wikipedia says he is alive anyway…

• It’s been confirmed for a while that Vader will be in Rogue One

@Talleyrand19:

It’s been confirmed for a while that Vader will be in Rogue One

I had only heard it was a rumor. But if true, well, there you go.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m