My brother has a market garden, and tomorrow we are hosting an open house for all of our buyers. Mostly, we are making some Southern soups from our veggies, some sweet potato and jalapeno soup, and some purple hull soup with ham and bacon plus corn bread on the side. Great comfort food.

What are some of your favorite comfort foods? I would definitely rank the cornbread drizzled in butter as one of my favorites. I think my all time favorite would have to be a thin angel hair pasta with a garlic pesto sauce and topped with fresh Asiago.

GG

• Texas style Chili over spaghetti.

Chili Omelets

Anything soul food ( fried chicken and beef ribs especially)

Macaroni and cheese

Egg rolls, lo Mein

Anything grilling on a BBQ

Fish and Chips made by a real British cook wrapped in newspaper like back in the 1970’s ( England does not have them anymore)

You like your spice! I’m unfamiliar with English Fish and Chips, do they use chips in the American sense of the word, or fries. Forgive my American ignorance.

GG

• They are the same but more like steak fries with a good potato taste.

• Comfort food?

I’d have to say….

Slow roasted, pot roast stew.

Chicken pot pie.

Sheppard’s pie.

5 Squash Soup.

All of these would be home made of course.  That probably goes without saying.

• '17

Steamed dumplings (ground lamb or pork, onion, ancho chile, sriracha, ginger, and soy)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Soylent Green…

I mean…

Cheese Poofs. ;)

You have the most interesting palette Garg.

Squash soup is pretty nice, in a couple weeks we will get our squash harvest in. I’m looking forward to some acorn squash with butter.

GG

• Soup is comfort food.
    Green always works for me.
    We Italians have “brodo”. It is a consome’ and you can add rice or pasta(tortellini best).
    Can eat it by the bucketful.

• Secret recipe for something I call Pakistani peas: 1 can black beans + equal amount frozen peas + Madras curry paste mixed together in a frying pan, with white rice on the side.  Cheap comfort meal for two that you can make in 20 minutes.  Enjoy.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Gargantua:

Soylent Green…

I mean…

Cheese Poofs. ;)

Hahaha! Soylent Green… good one… I mean, man you are sick.  :-P

And I do believe you mean Cheese Curls… don’t you remember our discussion about this? http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=28470.0

@Vance:

Secret recipe for something I call Pakistani peas: 1 can black beans + equal amount frozen peas + Madras curry paste mixed together in a frying pan, with white rice on the side.  Cheap comfort meal for two that you can make in 20 minutes.  Enjoy.

Yes! I have had something similar to this. I think it was an Indian dish and cabbage based, which didn’t quite suit the dish. Rice sounds perfect.

GG

• Chicken Fried Steak with gravy, cabbage, country fried potatos, purple hull peas and Key Lime Pie.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m