Karl7 (Axis) vs. Fortress (Allies) - G40.2

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Eleven hits to chose now

I am down all my subs but 2 and lost 2 dds.  All hit points taken but 1 cv I am keeping

you rocked that last round with 13

now you have to choose 10 hit… basically you’ll have a ftr and bb left

whew!  I won, but my poor battleship is a goner

anyhow, I had the battle at 60+% victory for me…  what battle calc are you using?

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3 Final, version: 3.3

Game History

Round :13

Purchase Units - Japanese
                Japanese buy 3 artilleries, 2 destroyers, 1 fighter, 7 infantry, 2 submarines and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Japanese
                1 battleship, 5 carriers, 1 cruiser, 8 destroyers, 5 fighters, 8 submarines and 5 tactical_bombers moved from 25 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer moved from 6 Sea Zone to 16 Sea Zone
                2 submarines moved from 6 Sea Zone to 16 Sea Zone
                1 transport moved from 35 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from Dutch New Guinea to 45 Sea Zone
                1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 45 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from Paulau Island to 34 Sea Zone
                2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 34 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 33 Sea Zone to Caroline Islands
                1 infantry moved from Shensi to Tsinghai
                      Japanese take Tsinghai from Chinese
                1 armour moved from Shensi to Kansu
                      Japanese take Kansu from Chinese
                1 armour moved from Kansu to Suiyuyan
                3 mech_infantrys moved from Shensi to Suiyuyan
                1 infantry moved from Hopei to Suiyuyan
                2 bombers moved from Japan to 26 Sea Zone
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Japan to 26 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from Sakha to Buryatia
                      Japanese take Buryatia from Russians

Combat - Japanese
                Americans scrambles 3 units out of Hawaiian Islands to defend against the attack in 26 Sea Zone
                Battle in 26 Sea Zone
                    Japanese attack with 1 battleship, 2 bombers, 5 carriers, 1 cruiser, 8 destroyers, 5 fighters, 8 submarines and 6 tactical_bombers
                    ANZAC defend with 1 carrier, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 6 submarines; Americans defend with 1 battleship, 4 carriers, 4 destroyers, 8 fighters, 9 submarines, 3 tactical_bombers and 2 transports
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Americans
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Japanese
                    Units damaged: 4 carriers owned by the Americans and 1 carrier owned by the ANZAC
                    Units damaged: 4 carriers owned by the Japanese
                    Japanese win, taking 26 Sea Zone from Neutral with 1 battleship, 2 bombers, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 68
                    Casualties for Japanese: 5 carriers, 1 cruiser, 8 destroyers, 4 fighters, 8 submarines and 5 tactical_bombers
                    Casualties for ANZAC: 1 carrier, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 6 submarines
                    Casualties for Americans: 1 battleship, 4 carriers, 4 destroyers, 8 fighters, 9 submarines, 3 tactical_bombers and 2 transports
                Battle in Caroline Islands
                Battle in Suiyuyan
                    Japanese attack with 1 armour, 1 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys
                    Chinese defend with 2 infantry
                    Japanese win, taking Caroline Islands from Americans, taking Suiyuyan from Chinese with 1 armour, 1 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    Casualties for Chinese: 2 infantry
                Battle in 16 Sea Zone
                    Japanese attack with 1 destroyer and 2 submarines
                    Americans defend with 1 destroyer
                    Japanese win with 1 destroyer and 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 2
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 submarine
                    Casualties for Americans: 1 destroyer

Non Combat Move - Japanese
                2 bombers moved from 26 Sea Zone to Midway
                1 tactical_bomber moved from 26 Sea Zone to Midway
                1 fighter moved from 26 Sea Zone to Midway
                1 transport moved from 25 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
                2 submarines moved from 6 Sea Zone to 25 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer moved from 6 Sea Zone to 25 Sea Zone
                2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers, 3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 35 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
                8 armour, 6 artilleries and 11 infantry moved from Eastern Persia to West India
                1 aaGun moved from India to West India
                1 mech_infantry moved from India to West India
                1 infantry moved from Yunnan to Kweichow
                3 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Shantung
                1 infantry moved from Chahar to Jehol
                1 transport moved from 19 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone

Place Units - Japanese
                2 destroyers, 2 submarines and 1 transport placed in 6 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 4 infantry placed in Japan
                1 fighter and 2 infantry placed in Kiangsu
                2 artilleries and 1 infantry placed in India

Turn Complete - Japanese
                Japanese collect 71 PUs; end with 71 PUs total
                Objective Japanese 3 Control Honolulu Or Sydney Or Calcutta Or Western United States: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 76 PUs
                Objective Japanese 4 Control Dutch East Indies: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 81 PUs

• TripleA battle Calc

8SS, 8DD, 5AC, BB, CR, 5F, 6Tac, 2B attacking against 15SS, 5DD, 5AC, BB, 3Tac, 9F (remember I scrambled 3F)
    yields 62% hold for the defender.

Counting pips as a reality check holds true that the median result was I should’ve survived the battle with a damaged BB and 2-3F. And that was with taking all of your carrier hits at the very start of the battle to give you more 2’s to roll in the next round.

hmm… who knows? DSKelly’s calc had it as a win for me… is the trippleA calc supposed to be the best?

But hey, if I got luck, I guess I shouldn’t begrudge that…  :wink:

• I don’t know about the other one. Like I said, I counted the pips (and that seems like a realistic way to count expected hits per round) and came up with the same result as the TripleA calculator (I do that when ool might come into play, to see how expected losses might change in future rounds based on ool choices in round 1 or 2 in larger battles).

Round 1 is the one that can swing a battle if it’s significant difference – definitely the case here. We should each have been expecting a median of 14 hits in the first round. When you got 18 and I got 11, that was a swing of 7 ships that was just too much to overcome in the later rounds.

:-)

• It’s disappointing to have a game end that way.

In any case, I’m glad I had the opportunity to play against a skilled player with no bid. I think I held my own.

I look forward to playing you in the league once I finish up a few of these games; I don’t think playing a really good opponent in league play when I’ve already got 7 games going on and another 4 in the queue is a brilliant plan on my part  :wink:

Thanks for the game!

Sounds good.

Just hit me up when you come over to the league.  I am always around.

Thanks for the game.

Losing Germany was a humorous surprise…

:lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m