Im arguing with a friend on retreat movement!

• Im arguing with a friend on retreat movement he’s saying that if my ships move 2 spaces for an attack, the ships can no longer retreat since it already moved 2 spaces making the retreat count as a third move and that means land units with a move of 1 cannot retreat from a battle because it already used its 1 move ?

the rules says: Move all attacking land and sea units to a single adjacent friendly space from wich at least one of the attacking lands or sea units moved.  What they mean by moved ? as in pass trough or moved from ? Would that mean that an attacking force of ships that were 2 spaces away could not retreat because no ships had started is movement adjacent to a territory adjacent to the attack zone to retreat into ?

If anyone just understood what I just wrote I need anwsers plz help my weird thinking friend lol :)

• Hi Utgar80.  You are right. Retreat is not part of a unit’s movement. Your friend has misunderstood.
    The attacker can always choose to retreat after each round of combat and he does so as you have understood: 1 movement to any territory from which at least one of your units came.  All ground or naval units have to go to the same one of course. Air go wherever you please as long as they do not overuse their movement .  You may have to choose from 2 or 3 territories!
    In some cases units get to move 3 (can be used to advantage and is not cheating).
    Hope that is clear.

• Thank you for the help but one thing remains unclear to me. As I said about ships moving 2 spaces for an attack will be able to retreat into a friendly or neutral sea zone adjacent to the attacked zone right? but the rules specifically mentions a territory adjacent from wich at least 1 of the attacking land or sea unit moved. So doesnt that mean that you had to have at least one ship in an adjacent zone of the attacked zone to retreat all of your ships into? Wich would mean that you cannot reatreat ships into a sea zone adjacent to the attacked zone if you did not have at least one ship part of the attack that started into an adjacent sea zone of the attacked zone?  Hope you understand what I mean !

• Im playing a game in a few hours and I really need advice all advices are welcomed !

• The Sea Zone cannot be hostile( contain an enemy surface Warship). It can be an empty SZ or one with an enemy Sub or Transport in it. You do not need to occupy it already to retreat there.

• Ok just as I tought thanks alot wittman  you have been very helpful :-)

• Have one more look here before you play as I may have missed something  and one of the Rules’ Deputies may have something to say. Enjoy your game.

• cool I will thx

• '16

@Utgar80:

Thank you for the help but one thing remains unclear to me. As I said about ships moving 2 spaces for an attack will be able to retreat into a friendly or neutral sea zone adjacent to the attacked zone right? but the rules specifically mentions a territory adjacent from wich at least 1 of the attacking land or sea unit moved. So doesnt that mean that you had to have at least one ship in an adjacent zone of the attacked zone to retreat all of your ships into? Wich would mean that you cannot reatreat ships into a sea zone adjacent to the attacked zone if you did not have at least one ship part of the attack that started into an adjacent sea zone of the attacked zone?  Hope you understand what I mean !

If I’m understanding this correctly, you’re saying that attacking ships cannot retreat if none of them started off from a sea zone adjacent to the sea zone being attacked?

If that’s what you’re asking, then…
    That doesn’t matter. If all of your ships used 2 or 3 movement to attack, then they are still eligible to retreat. Just they have to retreat to any one of the adjacent sea zones that they moved through.

• thx man that exactly what I meant anwser is what I expected ! BTW I like this forum alot of helpful stuff about the game and the community is really helpful and fast thanks a mil this is officially my axis reference from now on  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m