Why is Band of Brothers so awsome?

• I am unable to explain to other people how great it is, and when people watch it, they always just say “meh”……

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

I was at work last night and for some reason, Episode 8 or 9 popped into my head, the part where they ordered Easy company to cross that river and grab a hostage to gather intelligence.

The war was almost over, all the guys thought the mission was a waste and were nervous but still willing to go.  Winters told his guys to say they couldn’t find anyone and how releaved they all where that they didn’t have to go…That must have been a friggin huge relief.

Stuff like that…the stories, the men, and the era make it so great I believe.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The people who don’t get it. Won’t get lots of things.

The same reason we don’t get why TWILIGHT is supposedly so awesome. Or Harry Potter.

• I hate Harry Potter and its creator and will not watch Twilight.

Band of Brothers does not have any bad scenes. It is 10 hours of action about real people, set in a time we cannot imagine and which will never be repeated. It is based on real accounts of a brutal period in history and has not be made for your usual Hollywood viewer.
    There is no love story in it either.

• Am sorry to say I cannot say the same about Pacific.
    Want to watch it again to confirm my thoughts; not sure if I ever will.

I have said the Pacific has never interested me, unlike the European theatre.
    I think that is another reason I love Band of Brothers so much.  I have visited the sites in France, Belgium and Holland many times. They, Austria and Germany are beautiful parts of the world and you can imagine yourself there.
    Band of Brothers is an exhilarating experience.

• The series captures the life of a World War Two combat unit. The book is also an awesome read.

And I have not watched the Pacific, yet.

• i hears pacific was bad compared to band of brothers. still gunna see it

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Pacific is just very different… but you have to take it as what it is to like it.

The downsides are that it doesn’t follow the same group of soldiers through the war, but rather, a bunch of different groups of soldiers, who in some cases never even meet.

Make no mistake about Pacific though… It takes you to a new level of hell, full of misery you cannot imagine.

What I like about it, is it’s less “You are about to embark on a great crusade” and more, “dear god, I’m glad that wasn’t me, and I know understand the meaning of sacrifice”. And “Maybe the ones that died got it easy”.

Like it or hate it, one thing remains true.  After watching it, you will never forget the pacific experience.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Very different.

• I liked The Pacific better.  The part I like most is there is also a documentary series called Hell in the Pacific that kind of goes with it and in it they interview some of the same guys portrayed in The Pacific, and one of them is Eugene Sledge who wrote a classic book about the pacific war from the soldiers’ point of view.  I think together the two series do a great job.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m