• I have this, I traced the global map and am cutting it up into more territories.
    Not that good at this, and the process is ongoing but this is what I am after.

Victory cities would be a space unto themselves and “maybe” a special rule that all Infantry defend on ‘3’ during the first round of an attack on a victory city. (to represent it being built up and congested)

The lines you see are not set in stone, just some fooling around.
    The final board is going to be 8’ x 4’

Global3.png

• Dear Imperious Leader,

Several months ago I got back into AAA with a few friends and decided that our board was wayy too small. After ~an hour of google’n around I found a mighty 190mb pdf and had to turn it into a war-board.

Here’s the result :-D (although since this picture was taken we have attached sweet bottle opener):

Without your awesome map this would have never have been possible! THANK YOU!

After getting more into it, we got the Europe map and soon will get Pacific. We cannot wait to combine the two! However, fast-forward to now, months later I found myself back on google to find that you made MORE MAPS :-o (exactly what I’m looking for)! You are so AWESOME. I just downloaded both and am currently deciding whether to build a second table (maybe with some cup holders and more extra space) or print out a couple more posters to swap-out underneath the plexiglass of the existing board.

Any tips on how you would set up yours, especially if we were to combine the two games?

• I provided links for both maps in Variants.

The links you provided are not working, perhaps use mediafire?

Anyway another satisfied customer we have.

• @Imperious:

I provided links for both maps in Variants.

The links you provided are not working, perhaps use mediafire?

Anyway another satisfied customer we have.

Indeed.  Fixed the image - I guess new users arent allowed to post links (even within images) to protect the forums against spam.  I have both downloaded and deciding about the new table configuration.  Thanks again!

• good.

• Still not sure I’m finding the latest files for the Global Map. The files at the beginning of the thread seem to be 1st edition. The files in the body of the thread seem to be corrected for 2nd edition but water color on Europe seems lighter as another poster mentioned. There was mention of files being posted elsewhere in variants in your last post, but the only other thread I’ve found seems to be older then this one with the older 1st edition versions. Also not seeing them in the IL’s map files thread with the others. Are these still being worked on? Just curious. Just want to make sure Im getting the right ones.

• I will recheck and post the correct files. I recently made the two maps compatible for global play, though the look of the ocean lines is slightly different on each.

• Ok here are the uber files. 9 feet by 4 feet global 1940 in two files.

I suggest 16oz.vinyl blockout matte 600 DPI. The match up and are the ultimate maps.

Europe: http://www.mediafire.com/?ketde8njmxig37e

Pacific: http://www.mediafire.com/?29za07qzgsa30bk

• Is there any chance you are going to make something of similar size but with more territories to fill out the whole board?
    With a Europe with similar territories to what it looks like in AA 1914 (separate paris, berlin, territories, etc)

• There is always a chance, but i don’t have to redesign a new version and im pretty satisfied with the map as is.

I took the liberty of redoing Norway, Greenland and other areas to look more realistic. Also like almost everything i do, one new area added AZORES, which is a crime to leave out and allows Germany to bomb USA with long range planes from Azores.

• basically I just want you to do all the heavy lifting and make a map that ive been trying to make, because yours always look so damn good.

• I appreciate the comments and have seen that map you worked on. I really only work on things that i feel some attachment too and a desire to see it finished. In your map it seems there are way too many areas and the game will take too long to play. Perhaps if you did a Europe only map for 1939.

• I have the privilege of just being able to have a giant game sit on a table for weeks on end, so the large scale can play out over a week or two.

• Consider if you just made a new version based on the maps i already made with new rules, many would be halfway ready to try it. Part of the issue with making new maps is the cost associated with investing another $100 into playing somebodies version of house rules.  If they print off one of the larger OOB maps i already made, they can benefit by playing OOB or with the Varient. Also, changing the rules and perhaps adding new pieces and setup date but keeping the same map allows many to jump right into this new game without much expense.

That Global 1939 thing is a fluke, i know you want the same interest as that module. Part of their problem is they keep changing the rules and at a certain point that turns off people who just give up.

• I dont really want to change the rules dramatically, I just want more territories. As odd as that may sound.

• OK compromise:

Just do a Europe only map in the style of Global 40. Draw the lines you want. Lets do 48 x 48. I will redraw the map and use your ideas but they must be accurate ( the names of areas need to be researched so Flashman won’t come out with 50 different versions and post another one every five minutes). Lets’ let him have a vote on the names of areas, he knows like i do but he probably knows better.

Then we research the economic values and plug in IPC values to areas. Let’s base it on whatever year you want the game to begin. I have info on all years BTW.

Perhaps latter if this project is interesting i will do a hookup version of 48 x48 Pacific…down the road

• IL

I love the expanded maps. I have printed the 40x45 ones and love playing on them.  It’s nice having the extra space to play on, and keep the units in there own territories.  Just wondering how the 48x54’s will look live. :)  Tons of space for more units to fight it out.

Buran

• when i get a chance i will post a picture, but that wont happen till February.

• Kansu missing a roundel
    Albania is different color than other Italian territories

Other than that, this is fantastic IL!
    Thankyou  :-D

• Customizer

IL,

––Just marking this thread for future use of your wonderful maps. Thanks in advance.  :-D

----BTW, if you’re ever interested in making a “variant” map,…I’d love to see what you could do for a
    “Solomon Islands” Game with a map the size of a complete Global. Possibly 48" x 96" or 60" x 120".

“Tall Paul”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m