LHoffman's Painted Sculpts For Your Consideration

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@LHoffman:

@Tall:

but unless I’m wrong the JU-52 transports didn’t seem to have the “cockpit framing” paint that you’re known for. Did I miss it?  :?

No, you are not missing it; there is no framing on the Transports.

I did not put any on for a couple reasons; one being time, the other being space. Actually, it would not take long to put framing on, because all I would do is put two black lines on it. Because it was so simple, small and, really, negligible. However, if you want it, I will put it on.

I have a couple more pictures taken by my wonderful fiance that I will post in a second.

Let me know about this asap… I was going to put these in the mail tomorrow if I can.

• Customizer

Lucas,

––Yes, please paint the “cockpit framing” on the JU-52 air transports. Not only will they look much better with it,….but since their White paint lines up with the White paint on the engine nacelles,…it looks a little “funny” without the framing.

----I wouldn’t mind if it took another week or so if necessary to paint the cockpit framing and take many, many more pics. The time it’s taken to get to this point another week is a small price to pay.
    ----I am more than willing to pay you for this project right now, even though it might be another week or so to get the cockpits painted and additional pics taken of all of them.

––Again,…Great Job,….and I imagine that you’ll be hearing many more superlatives from the guys here on the A&A.Org forum, too!

“Tall Paul”

@Tall:

Lucas,

––Yes, please paint the “cockpit framing” on the JU-52 air transports. Not only will they look much better with it,….but since their White paint lines up with the White paint on the engine nacelles,…it looks a little “funny” without the framing.

----I wouldn’t mind if it took another week or so if necessary to paint the cockpit framing and take many, many more pics. The time it’s taken to get to this point another week is a small price to pay.
    ----I am more than willing to pay you for this project right now, even though it might be another week or so to get the cockpits painted and additional pics taken of all of them.

––Again,…Great Job,….and I imagine that you’ll be hearing many more superlatives from the guys here on the A&A.Org forum, too!

“Tall Paul”

I will get the cockpits done as soon as I can, but to be honest I want them off my hands as quickly as possible. I have so many things to do right now it is not even funny. This last phase of the project has been major crunch time… and I have been trying to be as speedy as possible because I am the one who has no time to wait. I am sure you will not mind the extra impetus.

Wedding is on the 31st and I need to devote 99% of my attention to it. Nevertheless, I will patch these up and get them off to you when I can. As for payment, I will put an invoice together. These planes were ridiculously more time consuming than I thought they would be. I have no desire to do anything like them again for some long time.

Not sure how many more pics I will be able to take, but I can try. Again, time issues… I really need to cut this project out of my to-do list.

That said, this will certainly be my last project for at least a month… what with the wedding and honeymoon. Though we may need to have a discussion along those lines.

Thanks for the compliments though… I strive to please, even in crunch time.

• Customizer

Excellent work Lucas!!!
    I know what you mean about the ridiculous amount of time you put into each.
    The effort shows though.

And Congrats on the life sentence.

• '21 '18 '17 '15

Awesome work and yes, i understand all about the time factor  :? When getting near to the finish you start pushing harder just to get it over with….well, i do anyway  :-D

Thanks Wil and Dangermouse. Praise from fellow modders is the best.

• @LHoffman:

Paul’s Luftwaffe in standard splinter camo is complete.

Impressive paint job and nice flying formation too.  It would be fun to run those pictures through Photoshop to replace the blank table background with an aerial shot of London during the Blitz!

@CWO:

@LHoffman:

Impressive paint job and nice flying formation too.  It would be fun to run those pictures through Photoshop to replace the blank table background with an aerial shot of London during the Blitz!

Don’t think my fiance knows much about flying formations, but she did a great job with the pictures.

• Customizer

Guys,

@LHoffman:

@CWO:

@LHoffman:

Don’t think my fiance knows much about flying formations, but she did a great job with the pictures.

––When I first saw the wide angle pic of all of the Luftwaffe I had an immediate flashback to the movie “The Battle of Britain” when all of the German a/c overflew Herman Goering on “Eagle Day”. If I remember correctly he said,….
    “If we lose now, we ought to have our a**es kicked!”
    ––Again, great job,…and I completely understand your very important issues at hand. I wish the best of health & happiness to both of you.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Absolutely wonderful pieces Lucas - you’ve breathed some serious life into that plastic!

@Viracocha:

Absolutely wonderful pieces Lucas - you’ve breathed some serious life into that plastic!

Thanks V. Much appreciated.

• Customizer

Lucas,

––I just thought of a good idea for both us;

----Since I can tell that completing this German a/c project is adding to the amount of stress your already experiencing with your up-coming wedding and honeymoon plans,…let me suggest this:

----**Please, just take all of these German a/c and put them aside in a box and don’t even look at them for a month! Take care of your important personal business and in a month you can then complete this project.
    ––I truly think you need to do it this way as it would help BOTH of us. You need some time and sanity(not sure
    marriage will necessarily bring this?  :roll:) and I need several pics of completed a/c.

----I am more than happy to pay you in full, NOW, and wait another month to get several pics of completed a/c that don’t have the decal “shadow” ruining your fantastic work. Maybe AFTER a wonderful honeymoon your wife will take some more pics of the a/c when they’re fully completed.
    Thanks and best wishes on your up-coming wedding.

“Tall Paul”**

Thanks for the suggestion Paul; I will take you up on it. However, to be fair to you, I want to tell you that I will need to reconsider how much time I am investing in painting pieces. It just takes a very long time and there are many other things I know that I will have to do, particularly when I get back from the honeymoon and into real-life. Even if I do continue to paint for you, I am almost certain we will not complete all the pieces you intend by HBG’s game conference next May.

Decal shadows are all gone and the aircraft are basically done. I cannot think of anything else I would do to them. Dullcoat has been applied twice and framing has been added to the Ju-54 cockpits.

I will try to take a couple more pictures, but beyond that they are good to go. I would not take payment until I ship them anyway.

I will not be around here much for the next month or so… due to wedding and honeymoon events. Thanks everyone for your well-wishes.

• Customizer

Lucas,

––My friend,…I DO NOT want to hear from you for a month! Please go and take care of your important personal business. I wish you and your soon-to-be wife THE BEST!
    ––We’ll talk about paint jobs in a month (or so).

Here’s my best wishes to your future happiness.

“Tall Paul”

@Tall:

Lucas,

––My friend,…I DO NOT want to hear from you for a month! Please go and take care of your important personal business. I wish you and your soon-to-be wife THE BEST!
    ––We’ll talk about paint jobs in a month (or so).

Here’s my best wishes to your future happiness.

“Tall Paul”

Haha… I will do my best on that front. Thanks again for the well wishes. I will keep the German aircraft safe at home for the time being.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m