• Customizer

So, which would you prefer? On one hand, I love all the different new things that Coach is making. They really make for a lot of possibilities in our games.
    On the other hand, sometimes I wish there were more of certain units. Of course, that would cut down on the number of specific types per set.
    So, I guess I’m on the fence on this one. I just wondered what some of you other gamers thought about this.

• I think the current balance is about right, particularly since it varies a bit from set to set.

One factor to keep in mind: if variety is increased at the expense of numbers, you can always compensate for the low numbers by buying more sets.  The reverse isn’t true: if numbers are increased at the expense of variety, you can’t create more variety by buying more sets – you’ll still keep getting the same sculpt designs no matter how many you purchase.

• The way he does it is pretty much perfect IMO.  Coach sells sets that are just the right size to augment what already comes with your A&A but (and this is the best part) he also sells pieces individually.  Now, if you want 10 of a particular sculpt, you don’t have to buy a bunch of stuff you don’t want just to get a particular number of what you DO want.  It’s absolutely THE BEST way of selling if you ask me.  You simply cannot ask for more/better customer service than that.

• And here’s a salient question……Before coach came along, how many of us pined for years (decades in some cases) for exactly the services and items that he provides?  I know I did.  HBG is the best thing to come along since A&A started.

• I’m with Pacific War.  Really glad HBG came along.  It’s awesome to have that ability to buy up a few pieces here and there to fill out sets, as well as getting scores of new pieces to really take the game to the next level.

As for the expansion sets’ content… while I’d sorta prefer sets with smaller numbers of unique sculpts in higher quantity, the products HBG puts out are so great, I’m going to buy them either way.  Gotta support small businesses!  Plus, my games are steadily looking prettier and prettier with all the supplements HBG’s putting out.  They’re just too good to pass up!  Even if I don’t know what I’m going to do with them yet, I want them!

• Gentlemen,

Coach has a unique business in providing us with units that in plastic in AA scale we would most likely never see.  FMG is in their creating units as well.  Know that more a greater units are in the pipeline and he listens to all of our ideas and considers the best possible mix for each an every set.

Coach and FMG keep up the great work.

WARRIOR888

• @squirrelfox:

It’s awesome to have that ability to buy up a few pieces here and there to fill out sets, as well as getting scores of new pieces to really take the game to the next level.

I quite agree.  The most specialized thing I’ve ever requested (as part of a larger order which contained several sets of pieces) was a single infantryman of a particular type in a particular colour.  As a matter of fact, it arrived yesterday, with the rest of the stuff I’d ordered.  This kind of ordering flexibility is very much appreciated, and extremely useful.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Post a picture of your piece mark!

• Customizer

I’d personally like to see more modern pieces like Table Tactics did in the new colors.

Also not to bash on HBG and FMG, I love thier work. I just would like more uniform sets. The Marines set for one is cool but If I don’t have Marines for everyone else it doesn’t do me much good unless maybe I’m playing a Pac Theater game or something.

Sets that have x number of the same classes would make it easier for me to pull my wallet. I can justify the expense of buying several colors or countries sculpts if every nation has a compatible line up. AS IT SITS NOW I WANT TO BUY EVERYTHING LOL.

Additionally, large bags of single units would be awesome possibly even a super set of everything would be nice.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Are you making an excuse for SS Panzer Grenadiers? :D

• SS Panzer Grenadiers?

The game already has Half tracks, which PG used…so they are already represented. Not much sense in making a guy holding a mp44 or mp40 because the gun would be small.

• Customizer

I just bought a bunch of planes for AA42.2. I like P38s but I’m sick of them. After pay day I’ll buy some more lol.

I’ve discovered buying only what I think I’ll need plus being selective about not buying every dang thing on the site in excitement keeps things extremely affordable.

I just got a nice Luftwaffe complete with HE-111s and FW-190s. I also opted for P40s and Mustangs for my European air campaign as well as Corsairs and Avengers which I will use as fighters for 42.2. Finally my USAAF and Navy will look right.

• Hi

I would like HBG to release standard/full sets, since it does not seem FMG will or it is years away.
    A full set with 28-30 pieces could have the following number of sculpt each.

Infantry 4 (5)
    Artillery 2
    Mechanized Infantry 2
    Tanks 2

Fighter 3
    Tactical Bomber 2
    Bomber 1

Transport 3
    Submarine 3
    Destroyer 2
    Cruiser 1
    Battleship 1
    Carrier 1

Trucks 1 (2)

TOTAL = 28 pieces set

Bying 3-4-5 sets will give us enough pieces of every sculpts.

• I prefer this:

Infantry 6
    Artillery 3
    Mechanized Infantry 3
    Tanks 3

Fighter 3
    Tactical Bomber 2
    Bomber 1

Transport 2
    Submarine 2
    Destroyer 2
    Cruiser 1
    Battleship 1
    Carrier 1

Trucks 2

TOTAL = 32 pieces set

• '10

Check out these cossacks in Russia!

IMAG0028.JPG

• Customizer

@Imperious:

I prefer this:

Infantry 6
    Artillery 3
    Mechanized Infantry 3
    Tanks 3

Fighter 3
    Tactical Bomber 2
    Bomber 1

Transport 2
    Submarine 2
    Destroyer 2
    Cruiser 1
    Battleship 1
    Carrier 1

Trucks 2

TOTAL = 32 pieces set

I really like your numbers IL. This would provide a much better ratio of more common units (infantry, tanks, fighters) to less common units (capital ships, bombers). Even more so than FMG’s current set. For example: With FMG’s sets, you only get 12 tanks per 6 Carriers. With your proposed numbers, you could buy 4 sets, get 12 tanks but only 4 Carriers.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m