Axis and Allies Pacific 1940 2nd Edition ( AAP40.2) FAQ/question

• Just checking

• @Gamerman01:

You can build more - the number of pieces included in the game is not meant to be a limit

In AA 1942 2nd Edition it was the limit…  :-(

We have not yet played AA 1940 Pacific 2nd, but there is already a question ahead.
    Is there a official statement what is a originally controlled territory?
    Some state it is one you start the game with (so it shows your colour) others state it is one that shows your national embelem.
    Both applies for most of the territories, but not for e.g. Kiangsu, Manchuria

• Welcome to the forum, Fiera!

@Fiera:

@Gamerman01:

You can build more - the number of pieces included in the game is not meant to be a limit

In AA 1942 2nd Edition it was the limit…  :-(

No limit there, either!

@Fiera:

We have not yet played AA 1940 Pacific 2nd, but there is already a question ahead.
    Is there a official statement what is a originally controlled territory?
    Some state it is one you start the game with (so it shows your colour) others state it is one that shows your national embelem.
    Both applies for most of the territories, but not for e.g. Kiangsu, Manchuria

Yes, see the rulebook:

@rulebook:

Territories

When the rules refer
    to the “original controller” of a territory, they mean the
    power whose emblem is printed on the territory. (A few
    territories in China have a Chinese emblem on them but
    are controlled by Japan at the start of the game. These
    territories are considered to belong to China originally, but
    have been captured by Japan.)

HTH :-)

• Thanks a lot for the clarification.
    This a part we have not read, because it appeared to be identical to AA1940 Europe.  :oops:

• @Fiera:

Thanks a lot for the clarification.
    This a part we have not read, because it appeared to be identical to AA1940 Europe.  :oops:

Actually it is identical:

@rulebook:

Territories
    … When the rules refer to the “original controller” of a territory, they mean the power whose emblem is
    printed on the territory
    . …

Enjoy gaming. :-)

• Clarification needed: With Mongolia, is it correct that there are NO IPC values with any of the territories?  Thus the non-circled number is strictly the number of infantry units mobilized.

(in the rules, there is no clear description of the 2 numbers that appear in a territory - it would be helpful).

• @Carolina:

Clarification needed: With Mongolia, is it correct that there are NO IPC values with any of the territories?  Thus the non-circled number is strictly the number of infantry units mobilized.

Correct.

@rulebook:

The only neutral territories in the game are those that make
    up Mongolia. All but two of them have their own standing
    army. These forces are shown on the map in the form
    of an infantry silhouette with a number next to it.
    These
    numbers indicate the number of infantry units that will be
    placed on the map if and when the territory’s neutrality is
    compromised. These units are placed free of charge.

• Just starting out playing this game, and a friend disputed a rule with me regarding China purchasing artillery via the Burma Road. The rules stated the road needed to be “open” at one point and “under Allied control” at another. The rules stated elsewhere that while China is controlled by Allied players, China itself is not part of the Allies. I argued that since Japan had not taken control over any of the Burma Road in their first turn, and China shared its control with UK, that it is considered open and buying artillery should be allowed. My friend said this was not true, as the rules said it needed to be under Allied control, but the Allies controlled half, and China the other half. If Japan doesn’t disrupt the road on the first turn, can the Chinese purchase artillery? What conditions need to be met for the purchase of artillery for China?

• It is under allied controlled UK and China are allies and Burma road would be open. China can buy artillery

• @xJustxJordanx

From the rulebook, page 6:

The Allied powers include the United States, China, United Kingdom, and ANZAC.

and page 10:

When all of the territories this road passes through
    are controlled by the Allies during China’s Collect Income
    phase, China receives a bonus income of 6 IPCs per turn.
    Even without an industrial complex, China can purchase and
    mobilize artillery, but only if the road is open during China’s
    Purchase and Repair Units phase.

Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

• @Imperious-Leader or anyone active on AAP40.2 :

I would like to understand why all powers except the UK-Pacific start with IPCs that are equal to the sum of the IPCs of their originally controlled territories ?

The UK-Pacific starts with 16 IPCs, but originally controls only 15 on the Pacific map:
    Borneo 4
    Burma 1
    India 3
    Kwangtung 3
    Malaya 3
    Shan State 1

West India would give them 2 IPCs but is not on the map, so they should either have 15 or 17 starting IPCs, but get 16…

Why ?

• @Hakuin said in Axis and Allies Pacific 1940 2nd Edition ( AAP40.2) FAQ/question:

@Imperious-Leader or anyone active on AAP40.2 :

I would like to understand why all powers except the UK-Pacific start with IPCs that are equal to the sum of the IPCs of their originally controlled territories ?

The UK-Pacific starts with 16 IPCs, but originally controls only 15 on the Pacific map:
    Borneo 4
    Burma 1
    India 3
    Kwangtung 3
    Malaya 3
    Shan State 1

West India would give them 2 IPCs but is not on the map, so they should either have 15 or 17 starting IPCs, but get 16…

Why ?

British Columbia

• @AndrewAAGamer, thank you ! So in spite of British Columbia having the Canadian/UK-Europe control tag, it is counted on UK in Pacific. Good enough for me 👍

• @Hakuin said in Axis and Allies Pacific 1940 2nd Edition ( AAP40.2) FAQ/question:

@AndrewAAGamer, thank you ! So in spite of British Columbia having the Canadian/UK-Europe control tag, it is counted on UK in Pacific. Good enough for me 👍

Yes, as Canada is not a separate power in this (and other) game(s) but controlled by UK.

See
    https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/ah/AA_Pacific_1940_2nd_Edition_FAQ.pdf

• @Panther, thanks, that link is gold, I hadn’t found it in the “axis-allies-rules-pacific1940-corrections-faqs.pdf” (Feb 1, 2010), but now I see it’s also there, p3:
    " Q. Are the Canadian territories (Yukon Territory and British Columbia) controlled by the United
    Kingdom?
    A. Yes."
    🙂

• @Panther as statued by others, the link to the 2nd edition FAQ is Gold! How do we ask the site owner s to publish that link on this page: https://www.axisandallies.org/resources-downloads/ ? It would have saved me reading throught the whole forum (which was useful anyway :) )

• @skierbrian2
    Every information given in the old 2014 FAQ sheet is said to be included into the current version of the rulebooks, available here:
    https://renegadegamestudios.com/axis-allies-resources

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m