• Hello - after so many games I was surprised a scenario came up that I wasn’t sure about…  here it goes:

I understand how blitzing works and I understand that a tank can move 2 spaces in non-combat through friendly / occupied territories (if it did not engage in combat).

I also know that land forces that were not used in battle can reinforce newly taken territories. Here’s the scenario:

Let’s say I have Tanks in Eastern Europe but I don’t use them in battle.  Then I am able to conquer both Ukraine S.S.R. and the Caucasus.  Can I move my Tanks in Eastern Europe through Ukraine (a newly taken territory) and reinforce the Caucasus (also newly taken).

This was a neat little trick that came up because if the tanks engaged in battle they wouldn’t be able to reinforce the Caucasus.

Anyway, we decided that this was fine but I just wanted to confirm that this movement is legal… I couldn’t find any other messages about it.

Thanks!

• You are right. it is legal.
    The only thing you cannot do is land Air units on newly conquered territories.

• Here’s another nice trick.

Imagine you have 15 armor on Caucasus which are desperately needed back in Germany to defend Berlin against an Allied stack on units on Eastern Europe. But, alas, Caucasus is 3 spaces away from Germany.

What do you do? You attack Eastern Europe with everything on Germany AND the 15 tanks from Caucasus, then you retreat everything after 1 round of combat back to Germany, including the 15 tanks.

Your tanks in Caucasus have just moved 3 spaces in one turn and it’s perfectly legal. :)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I tried to get Krieghund to use this tactic combined with a -theoretical retreat- to allow the possibility of aircraft carriers moving 4 spaces, to allow landing of aircraft.

I -almost- had him convinced!

• I did not know this - thanks! :)

• '17 '15

Is it ok to take one territory with one tank and in the same combat move round do blitz with another tank from the same territory{as first tank came}through the NEW territory?{I HAVE 2 TANKS IN ES.EUROPE,1 IS TAKING{unoccupied hostile} UKRAINE AND AFTER I DO MOVE AND BATTLE WITH THE 2nd TANK IN CAUCAS.

• @Hobbes:

Here’s another nice trick.

Imagine you have 15 armor on Caucasus which are desperately needed back in Germany to defend Berlin against an Allied stack on units on Eastern Europe. But, alas, Caucasus is 3 spaces away from Germany.

What do you do? You attack Eastern Europe with everything on Germany AND the 15 tanks from Caucasus, then you retreat everything after 1 round of combat back to Germany, including the 15 tanks.

Your tanks in Caucasus have just moved 3 spaces in one turn and it’s perfectly legal. :)

I really don’t think that’s a legal move. My group would tear apart anyone that would try that.
    If you are attacking eastern Europe from Caucasus, then you are attacking the eastern flank. Retreating from a eastern flank does not allow you to travel through enemy territory and magically end up on the west…. :roll:

• That IS a legal move. Attacking units are only allowed to retreat to one territory from whick attacks were launched. If you attack from multiple territories and you decide to retreat, then the attacker chooses which territory to retreat to.
    You cannot retreat to more than one territory.

• Official Q&A

Yes, it’s legal.  Of course, if you destroy all of the defending units in the first combat round, you’re stuck.

@Dukla:

Is it ok to take one territory with one tank and in the same combat move round do blitz with another tank from the same territory{as first tank came}through the NEW territory?{I HAVE 2 TANKS IN ES.EUROPE,1 IS TAKING{unoccupied hostile} UKRAINE AND AFTER I DO MOVE AND BATTLE WITH THE 2nd TANK IN CAUCAS.

Yes, because the blitzed territory is unoccupied.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m