Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• I used Italy to bomb the UK before a German invasion.

I have finished 3 games of G40 lifetime with 3 more in progress so I still have a whole lot to learn. Thank you for the very fast response. Perhaps we can play a game sometime in the future. (after I get some more seasoning of course)

• @Last:

I used Italy to bomb the UK before a German invasion.

Ah yes, brilliant

Bombing facilities is much more effective if your ally can come in and attack before the enemy gets a turn.

I need to make another mental note to be prepared for that tactic, specifically with Italy bombing the UK  :-)

• Paratroopers

Can you attack 2 different territories by sending 1 infantry to each, from the same air base?

I always thought no because the rule says “can be moved to an enemy territory” and “If the territory being attacked”, which are both singular.  However, I can see how it could be interpreted differently.

Triple A allows 2 infantry from the same air base to go to 2 different enemy territories.

Would like to know which way it’s supposed to be.

• Official Q&A

Both infantry originating from a single base must go to the same territory.

• Thank you!!

Time to notify Veqryn

• '12

@Gamerman01:

Thank you!!

Time to notify Veqryn

there is a loooooong list.  does anyone know the release date of the next version of tripleA?

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

If you guys are making up a list for veqryn, maybe you can consider these:

1. if you forget to load a transport, you can’t edit land units into sea zones even if there is a transport
    2. if you change your mind about where to land your chinese fighter, you can delete it but then you can’t add it back!

• He definitely knows about #2 and I think is fixing it

Pretty sure he knows about #1

Thanks variance

• I have a question about strict neutrals. In a game I’m playing my opponent(Germany) just attacked and took Spain, Turkey and Sweden.

Here are my questions :

1). Do all the strict neutrals immediately become Pro-Allied, meaning their units are immediately turned into Allied units allowed to move on the Russian turn?

or

2). Do the territories become Pro-Allied, meaning that the Allies still have to move units into them for the territories to become Pro-Allied and the units in them to become Pro-Allied?

• #2, they become pro-Allied

The allies have to move a non-AAA ground unit in to take control of them

• Also, things for Veqryn to consider. Make the units different colors. For instance, the Germans, Brits, Anzac and US units are very similar in color. A suggestion would be, make them darker and different colors. Like, make the US units a dark green, instead of light green. Make the Japanese units red, like in the old Pacific game, so you can make the UK units yellow. Change the German units to black. And Anzac to a neon teal or something like that. Just a suggestion. As a first time TripleA player, it is difficult sometimes to distinguish the units from one another.

Also, spread the units out in a territory. All of the units are “clumped” together. It makes it difficult to see how many units are in a particular territory, when other units are covering the number associated with the number of units in a territory. Maybe make the naval bases and airbases smaller, like the symbols in the old battlemap app. That way, they don’t take up as much space in the territories. Also, maybe make the fighters, tacs, SBR’s, destroyers, cruisers and battleships a little more distinguishable. AA’s guns and artillery also.

One last thing, make the numbers associated with the number of units in a territory, black instead of white. White can be a little more difficult to see.

Just some suggestions. Obviously he’s done a great job so far but some of these minor tweeks would make things better.

• Thanks Gamerman!

• @Gamerman01:

#2, they become pro-Allied

The allies have to move a non-AAA ground unit in to take control of them

How does this apply to the Mongols? Do they automatically become Russian? Or, does Russia have to move a ground unit(non-AA) into each territory?

• Mongolia only automatically becomes Russian if Japan breaks the pact by attacking the forbidden territories

So in your case, Mongolia would become pro-Allied just like all the other strict neutrals.

The infantry could be activated by any ally and would join that ally (not necessarily Russia)

• Since Mongolia is made up of several different territories, do the Allies have to move a non-AA ground unit into each separate territory to activate the infantry and territory?

• @Commando:

Since Mongolia is made up of several different territories, do the Allies have to move a non-AA ground unit into each separate territory to activate the infantry and territory?

Yes

• @Commando:

Also, things for Veqryn to consider. Make the units different colors. For instance, the Germans, Brits, Anzac and US units are very similar in color. A suggestion would be, make them darker and different colors. Like, make the US units a dark green, instead of light green. Make the Japanese units red, like in the old Pacific game, so you can make the UK units yellow. Change the German units to black. And Anzac to a neon teal or something like that. Just a suggestion. As a first time TripleA player, it is difficult sometimes to distinguish the units from one another.

Also, spread the units out in a territory. All of the units are “clumped” together. It makes it difficult to see how many units are in a particular territory, when other units are covering the number associated with the number of units in a territory. Maybe make the naval bases and airbases smaller, like the symbols in the old battlemap app. That way, they don’t take up as much space in the territories. Also, maybe make the fighters, tacs, SBR’s, destroyers, cruisers and battleships a little more distinguishable. AA’s guns and artillery also.

One last thing, make the numbers associated with the number of units in a territory, black instead of white. White can be a little more difficult to see.

Just some suggestions. Obviously he’s done a great job so far but some of these minor tweeks would make things better.

You can change the unit colors yourself in Triplea.

• How?

• '16

@Krieghund:

Both infantry originating from a single base must go to the same territory.

Does it have to be your base, native or captured or can it be a friendly airbase.

An example  Germany has inf in southern italy, can they use the friendly italian base assuming all other conditions are met?

• PGMatt -

I know for sure Krieghund has said here that you can use ally’s air bases

The Germans can use the South Italy air base

I wasn’t going to advertise that fact for you, but since you’re asking….

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m