Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• can the U.S. attack a German sub if it has a friendly British destroyer in the same sea zone? my second edition pacific rule book says that when attacking or defending, hits scored by air units can only be applied to subs if a friendly destroyer is present, but under destroyers it says destroyers friendly to the attacker do not allow you to hit subs?

• If you mean can a US Air unit hit a Sub with a Destroyer from an Allied nation, the answer is no. To attack,  the Destroyer has to belong to the player whose turn  it is, in this case, the US.

• @wittmann:

If you mean can a US Air unit hit a Sub with a Destroyer from an Allied nation, the answer is no. To attack,  the Destroyer has to belong to the player whose turn  it is, in this case, the US.

I know they can’t fire, but they could ,at least tell me where the subs are.

• If you’re defending, the DD is present in the battle and you can hit the SS with a plane. If you’re attacking, the DD is not present in the battle. Just because it’s in the seazone doesn’t make it present in the battle.

It really wouldn’t make much sense for a unit that the enemy can’t destroy be able to confer special battle abilities…

• Q1. How do you stop a sub convoy disrupting you if you don’t have a destroyer around?  The sub just submerges and then pops on the collect income phase to drain your income.

Q2. I declare an amphibious assault on Java accompanied by sea combat in the sea zone 42.  The sea combat fails and the attacking fleet is sunk.  What happens to the transports and troops on them?

• Official Q&A

@Barindo:

Q1. How do you stop a sub convoy disrupting you if you don’t have a destroyer around?  The sub just submerges and then pops on the collect income phase to drain your income.

I guess you need to have some destroyers.  :-D

@Barindo:

Q2. I declare an amphibious assault on Java accompanied by sea combat in the sea zone 42.  The sea combat fails and the attacking fleet is sunk.  What happens to the transports and troops on them?

If the transports aren’t hit, they can retreat.  They cannot offload in the same turn.  If they can’t retreat for some reason, they are lost, along with their cargo.

• @Krieghund:

If the transports aren’t hit, they can retreat.  They cannot offload in the same turn.  If they can’t retreat for some reason, they are lost, along with their cargo.

Can the transports offload in the non-combat phase if they retreated to a sea zone with a friendly territory attached?

• TripleA '12

Can the transports offload in the non-combat phase if they retreated to a sea zone with a friendly territory attached?

Nope, retreated Transports can never offload during the turn they retreated.

• A transport may participate in the combat phase or in the non-combat phase, but not both on the same turn.

• TripleA '12

@Fortress:

A transport may participate in the combat phase or in the non-combat phase, but not both on the same turn.

Hi Fortress. Not true - a unit can never participate in combat during the Noncombat Move phase as the Conduct Combat phase for that turn is already over.

• I think you misunderstood my post. I was simply stating that the transport in question can’t participate in a non-combat move. And the reason it can’t is because it had already participated in the combat. Its retreat is irrelevant and only matters because it put the transport into a location where it became timely to ask the question. This limitation is true of every unit in the game except those where it is expressly permitted (air units and blitzing units) as a definition of special abilities.

Please forgive my shortened version of that answer that may have caused some confusion.

• TripleA '12

No problem and thanks for clarifying.  :-)

• can british units from india capture territory on europe board, and if so does the money go to england?

• Official Q&A

Yes and yes.

• @Krieghund:

Yes and yes.

thought so…thanks.

• Sponsor

During the non-combat phase, can a transport carrying cargo move into, and than unload from a sea zone that contains only enemy submarines?

• @Young:

During the non-combat phase, can a transport carrying cargo move into, and than unload from a sea zone that contains only enemy submarines?

yes.

• IF italy declares war on russia, takes a russian territory, is reinforced with a german non-com (germany does not declare) and russia does not dow on germany, can russia still collect from 125 if there are no axis ships there?  and can russia counter the italians while ignoring the germans?

• yes for the money, as ussr is at war. no for the counter-attack; they need to declare war on germany to kill germans.

• well no killing germans, just killing italians

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m