Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• So you can’t build in IC in Borneo, Hawaii, New Zealand, etc?

• Correct.

• '22 '19 '18

How would this scenario play out?  3 UK inf and 3UK art are loaded on three US transports attacking western germany from SZ 112, (UK’s turn) with a large US navy in the same sea zone and no UK navy or air.  Germany scrambles to defend the sea zone but my question is are the German air able to sink US transports? If so that seems a little strange that the America navy would sit by while one of their transports are sinking.  Also since it is an American transport on UKs turn it can’t retreat so what happens?

• Official Q&A

@kcdzim:

They die.  You would be a fool to perform that combat move, as in that example it will utterly fail as the transports will die as they cannot retreat.

Sorry, kcdzim, but that’s not right.  The US transports don’t participate in the sea battle because it’s not the US’ turn.  Since there are no attacking sea or air units, there is no sea battle.  However, the sea zone can’t be cleared of defending combat units, so the amphibious assault can’t proceed.  The net result is that nothing happens.

• I wondered how this would be resolved.
    I would have gone with Kcdzim’s answer as the UK units called an Amphibious landing without support and the German then replied with a scramble. I supposed that the UK troops were commited to an assault and therefore unable to retreat.
    You are instead saying the Scramble prevents them even unloading;  so they survive!
    Wow. Thank you and again thank you Cond1024.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

are the German air able to sink US transports?

YES.

And the transports - unable to retreat, would die.

• Garg, read Krieg’s last. We all got it wrong.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Woop, missed that.

What a bunch of garbage!

• This might not go here, but do you have to have Abattlemap to play by forum? or can you just use an actual board?

• Sponsor

@otahere34:

This might not go here, but do you have to have Abattlemap to play by forum? or can you just use an actual board?

Contact Gargantua by PM and he will set you up proper, or you can ask the same question in the player help forum.

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

the fighters die if they have no valid landing space.

If you retreat, and they used 4 movement to get to the seazone of battle.  They die.

Subs ONLY fight the carrier, if the carrier gets hit, or sunk, the fighters must have a space to land at withing 1 space, if not. they die too.

This is true if the carrier and fighters are defending, however, if attacking, the fighters may use whatever movement points they have remaining to land safely (if any).

• 1. I think this has been covered before, just double checking. UK/pacific or Anzac can move into French Indo China without declaring war on Japan right?

2. If Japan then wants to attack a French territory with UK/Anzac units, Japan would need to declare war on UK/Anzac in addition to France?

• Hi JamesAleman.
    Yes to both. You are right.

• can the U.S. attack a German sub if it has a friendly British destroyer in the same sea zone? my second edition pacific rule book says that when attacking or defending, hits scored by air units can only be applied to subs if a friendly destroyer is present, but under destroyers it says destroyers friendly to the attacker do not allow you to hit subs?

• If you mean can a US Air unit hit a Sub with a Destroyer from an Allied nation, the answer is no. To attack,  the Destroyer has to belong to the player whose turn  it is, in this case, the US.

• @wittmann:

If you mean can a US Air unit hit a Sub with a Destroyer from an Allied nation, the answer is no. To attack,  the Destroyer has to belong to the player whose turn  it is, in this case, the US.

I know they can’t fire, but they could ,at least tell me where the subs are.

• If you’re defending, the DD is present in the battle and you can hit the SS with a plane. If you’re attacking, the DD is not present in the battle. Just because it’s in the seazone doesn’t make it present in the battle.

It really wouldn’t make much sense for a unit that the enemy can’t destroy be able to confer special battle abilities…

• Q1. How do you stop a sub convoy disrupting you if you don’t have a destroyer around?  The sub just submerges and then pops on the collect income phase to drain your income.

Q2. I declare an amphibious assault on Java accompanied by sea combat in the sea zone 42.  The sea combat fails and the attacking fleet is sunk.  What happens to the transports and troops on them?

• Official Q&A

@Barindo:

Q1. How do you stop a sub convoy disrupting you if you don’t have a destroyer around?  The sub just submerges and then pops on the collect income phase to drain your income.

I guess you need to have some destroyers.  :-D

@Barindo:

Q2. I declare an amphibious assault on Java accompanied by sea combat in the sea zone 42.  The sea combat fails and the attacking fleet is sunk.  What happens to the transports and troops on them?

If the transports aren’t hit, they can retreat.  They cannot offload in the same turn.  If they can’t retreat for some reason, they are lost, along with their cargo.

• @Krieghund:

If the transports aren’t hit, they can retreat.  They cannot offload in the same turn.  If they can’t retreat for some reason, they are lost, along with their cargo.

Can the transports offload in the non-combat phase if they retreated to a sea zone with a friendly territory attached?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m