Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• Do excuse me: liberated is the correct term. Not recaptured.

• '22 '19 '18

That was my thought for #1 but not #2.  Thanks for clarification.
    UK Pacific is like France then once India falls.

• Well, UK Pacific is unique in that when India is in Axis hands, all UK Pacific territories are completely worthless to UK Europe.  They can’t even build facilities in these territories (from London)

• '19 '17 '16

Yeah, was wondering about that. If Calcutta has fallen and the UK reclaims a territory from Japan that was originally own by UK_Pacific, why shouldn’t the income revert to London? And vice versa.

If ANZAC reclaims the territory, Sydney can collect the income. I would argue that it would be consistent if the income reverted for a retaken territory. Perhaps there is a rule which specifically covers this situation?

EDIT: Oh, yes there is:

Capture of One of the United Kingdom’s Regional Capitals
    If one of the regional capitals is captured by the Axis, it will surrender any unspent IPCs that its economy has in its treasury
    to the capturing power. An economy whose capital is held by the Axis can’t collect income, spend IPCs, or repair units. The
    free regional capital may never collect IPCs that would normally go to the captured regional capital, even if such territories
    are recaptured from the Axis. Other Allied powers can temporarily take control of any original United Kingdom territory that
    would otherwise be liberated when its regional capital (London or Calcutta) has been captured by the Axis.

• '16 '15 '10

When exactly are the USA minor factories supposed to be converted to majors?  There seems to be a TripleA bug in conditions when Japan doesn’t declare on USA, so I’m trying to figure out exactly when the USA factories are supposed to convert if it happens at the end of USA3.  Should it be before or after the USA places units on USA3?

• @Zhukov44:

When exactly are the USA minor factories supposed to be converted to majors?  There seems to be a TripleA bug in conditions when Japan doesn’t declare on USA, so I’m trying to figure out exactly when the USA factories are supposed to convert if it happens at the end of USA3.  Should it be before or after the USA places units on USA3?

It is after unit placement, at the beginning of the Collect Income phase.

@rulebook:

(p38) However, if it’s not yet at war by the Collect Income phase of its third turn, the United States may declare war on any
    or all Axis powers at the beginning of that phase. This is an exception to the rules for declaring war (see “Declaring War”,
    page 12), which may normally be done only at the beginning of the Combat Move phase.

(p39) The industrial complexes in Eastern United States, Central United States, and Western United States begin the game as
    minor complexes. They are upgraded to major complexes at no cost when the United States enters a state of war and
    may be used as such immediately.

HTH :-)

Edit:
    I don’t know what happend to you in your triplea-game, but there is an issue that is noted in the map’s game notes:
    @game:

• (EM) USA does not have to declare war at the end of USA 3 if they do not want to.

Triplea brings USA to war, although USA has the possibility to stay out. The factories are converted at the beginning of the
    Combat Movement phase on USA turn 4 (although they should be converted earlier (see above)). But the engine correctly allows
    to place 10 units per factory on turn 4 Unit Placement phase.
    If USA does not want to join the allies at the end of turn 3, Edit Mode has to be used.

• '19 '17 '16

Strictly speaking it is true that it is a bug in TripleA. But there is no reason why they wouldn’t and plenty of reason to DOW.

The annoyance in TripleA is that the warning for too many units bought doesn’t consider the imminent upgrade.

• '16 '15 '10

@P@nther:

@Zhukov44:

When exactly are the USA minor factories supposed to be converted to majors?  There seems to be a TripleA bug in conditions when Japan doesn’t declare on USA, so I’m trying to figure out exactly when the USA factories are supposed to convert if it happens at the end of USA3.  Should it be before or after the USA places units on USA3?

It is after unit placement, at the beginning of the Collect Income phase.

@rulebook:

(p38) However, if it’s not yet at war by the Collect Income phase of its third turn, the United States may declare war on any
    or all Axis powers at the beginning of that phase. This is an exception to the rules for declaring war (see “Declaring War”,
    page 12), which may normally be done only at the beginning of the Combat Move phase.

(p39) The industrial complexes in Eastern United States, Central United States, and Western United States begin the game as
    minor complexes. They are upgraded to major complexes at no cost when the United States enters a state of war and
    may be used as such immediately.

HTH :-)

Edit:
    I don’t know what happend to you in your triplea-game, but there is an issue that is noted in the map’s game notes:
    @game:

• (EM) USA does not have to declare war at the end of USA 3 if they do not want to.

Triplea brings USA to war, although USA has the possibility to stay out. The factories are converted at the beginning of the
    Combat Movement phase on USA turn 4 (although they should be converted earlier (see above)). But the engine correctly allows
    to place 10 units per factory on turn 4 Unit Placement phase.
    If USA does not want to join the allies at the end of turn 3, Edit Mode has to be used.

Thanks!

• '19 '17 '16

Poll in Software of desired Triple A improvements: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=38399.0

• Sponsor

I know it should never happen, but for clarification… if the Soviet Union attacks a Mongolian territory, will all other strict neutrals in Europe become pro Axis?

• '18 '17 '16

@Young:

I know it should never happen, but for clarification… if the Soviet Union attacks a Mongolian territory, will all other strict neutrals in Europe become pro Axis?

From Mongolia Rule Sticky:

a) Mongolia ONLY goes pro-Axis if Russia directly attacks Mongolia.  This would break neutrality around the world (all strict neutrals go pro-the other side).

So, yes they would.

• Sponsor

@siparo:

@Young:

From Mongolia Rule Sticky:

a) Mongolia ONLY goes pro-Axis if Russia directly attacks Mongolia.  This would break neutrality around the world (all strict neutrals go pro-the other side).

So, yes they would.

Awesome, thanks… just dotting all my i’s before I make an explanation video, Mongolia is one I have trouble with.

• (Specific nations used for easy illustration)

If America is at war with Axis and American submarines are present in a SZ with Japanese ships (no destroyer present), do those submarines have the option to participate in the attack if that Japanese fleet is attacked by the British?

Do American ships on British CVs participate in offensive attacks made with that CV on the British turn?

• Units only participate in battle on their own turn or on an enemies turn. In other words; Allied forces only fight together in defense, never offence.
    The subs would not be affected. The American fighters would not participate in the battle but would be destroyed if the British carrier they was stationed on was sunk.

edit: You can find these rules on page 21 in Europe Rulebook, under the ‘Multinational Forces’ headline.

• Sponsor

Can I get someone’s help with some questions from one of my YouTube subscribers… sorry but I’m getting slammed on my channel’s comment boards… hard to keep up.

_Dear Cliffside Bunker!

Yesterday you’ve helped me about a thing that an infrantry can board and exit a transport within a single turn ( in British video)

First of all i would like to tell that you made great and usefull video. Thanks for everything!

I startad to play game half a year. I have played several time 1942, 1914 but 1940 global is a bit different for me.
    Can you help me about some rules? On this weekend i plan with my friends to play it, but we are not sure some rules.

1, i dont get what is scramble mean? I know that 3 plane can take part in a battle from the defense side but i dont get the whole thing. can you give me a short brief about it?

2, do you know where i can find the infrantry transportion in the rule book?
    my friend dont belive me that its possible. :)

3,  strategic bombing. I dont understand how can defense a player against this.
    (how can fighters can take part of it both attacker and defender side, plus AAA how can defend)

4, what is the difference between amphitious assault and general combat movement?

I know maybe these are stubborn questions but i would be very happy i you can help.

Best wishes,
    Peter_

• Those are big questions.  I think he should just be referred to the rulebook and read the applicable sections.  For example, there is a section on scrambling that completely explains it.  No one should have to explain whole sections of the rulebook to someone who can just read it themselves.  If they have questions after studying it, that’s where I’m happy to help  :-)

• I agree with Gamerman, though reading Peter’s text I am under the impression that he might possibly have language issues.

I needed the help of a dictionary once to find the German equivalent for “Scramble”, for example, as I only knew ‘Scrambled Eggs’ before …

YG, maybe you can direct him to this forum, where he can specify his problems of understanding. I am sure we can help, then.

• Sponsor

I agree that we can’t and shouldn’t recite the entire rule book, especially if there is evidence of language barriers or that the questionnaire hasn’t at least tried reading the rule book before asking. This is what I sent him and we shall see if he learns what he needs…

Hey Peter,

I can’t write a lot today at work, but let me guide you to a few of my videos that should help answer your questions. If some things still aren’t clear than let me know.

Scrambling air units…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTOsHYLc-Sc

Transporting land units…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Oc_7riCR0

Strategic bombing raids…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU-fMleZGxg

Amphibious Assaults…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak7wHYdtSVk

Hope these help.

• Our games seem to run at an incredibly slow pace; usually 10-12 hours for 6-8 turns.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to fairly and reasonably implement some sort of turn timers?

• '19 '17 '16

@Amalec:

Our games seem to run at an incredibly slow pace; usually 10-12 hours for 6-8 turns.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to fairly and reasonably implement some sort of turn timers?

I don’t like the idea of turn timers. To speed things up i suggest a house rule that you don’t need to finalise ncm before placement and you don’t need to finalise purchase and repair before combat movement. You’ll be surprised at how much more fun the game becomes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m