Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• I cannot agree more!

• Sponsor

Sorry for agitating everyone, Wittmann… you’re free to answer any question of mine, you do a great job. I uploaded this video recently and I think it’s accurate, but you never know with the Mongolian rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aALZphE6wdI

• '19 '17 '16

@P@nther:

@Young:

1. If The UK or USA was to attack Mongolia, would this make Mongolia turn Pro Axis along with the rest of the Europe board?

No to #3):

Rulebook says:
    @rulebook:

…The Mongolian territories (Olgiy, Dzavhan, Tsagaan-Olom, Central Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, and
    Buyant-Uhaa) will never become pro-Axis unless one or more of them is attacked by the Soviet Union.

So if UK or USA attacked Mongolia, this would result in all strict neutrals becoming Pro-Axis, except Mongolia itself.

My reading is that the individual attacked territory would become pro-axis if the attack fails but not the rest of Mongolia.

I guess pretty unlikely.

• You’re right, Simon

From my Mongolia summary, which is in a stickied G40 thread here:
    i) Any OTHER Ally can attack Mongolia directly and this will break neutrality around the world, but the rest of Mongolia will stay neutral

Again, folks, please read the Mongolia/Neutrals summary on this stickied thread - it answers all the questions I’ve ever seen on these confusing topics
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=30776.45

There is even a post with Dutch territory explanations as well - post #2

• '20 '16

Question: Can you blitz unfriendly neutrals?

• Yes, you can, Mill Creek.

• '16 '15 '10

Need clarification on an attack/retreat question.

I attacked a territory with 2 inf art, and get 1 hit.  The opponent’s territory had 1 inf, 1 aa gun.

If my opponent chooses the inf as the casualty, can I then retreat back to where I came from before the next round or is the combat already over?

• @Zhukov44:

Need clarification on an attack/retreat question.

I attacked a territory with 2 inf art, and get 1 hit.  The opponent’s territory had 1 inf, 1 aa gun.

If my opponent chooses the inf as the casualty, can I then retreat back to where I came from before the next round or is the combat already over?

Combat is over, as the AAgun is immediately autodestroyed (- an AAA unit cannot fire in the defending units fire step). So there is no retreat option.

HTH :-)

• '16 '15 '10

Thanks.  I ran a search and it seems Krieghund ruled on this like 2 years ago.

Definitely an important bug for TripleA to fix as it will come up again.

• @Zhukov44:

You are right, I was not aware that it had not been in the game notes. I have added an issue to the map repository at Github.
    Thank you for bringing it up.

• '19 '17 '16

@Zhukov44:

I don’t know why this one is particularly important. The sub combat bugs are probably the most important but not an easy fix.

I’d rather fix some of the UI limitations to be honest.

• Hello

I have a question for clarification:

Is Japan able to occupy Dutch East Indies without a dow on England?

Is Japan able to DoW on France in Indu-China without DoW on England too?

• @Cadwaladr:

No, Japan must be at war with UK/ANZ to attack Dutch Territories

Yes.  Only UK/ANZ politics are coupled and inseparable.

• @Gamerman01:

@Cadwaladr:

No, Japan must be at war with UK/ANZ to attack Dutch Territories

Yes.  Only UK/ANZ politics are coupled and inseparable.

Thank you very much, Gamerman, can you point to where I can refer to this at? This is my understanding of DEI, but there is a softwear game which apparently allows Japan to invade DEI on non-combat without DoE on England and Australia, as though it were a strict neutral. I have not been able to find clarification to DEI as yet…?

• '19 '17 '16

I’m not aware of any such software limitation.

True neutrals and the Dutch are hostile to the Axis and must be attacked, therefore can’t be moved into on non combat move.

@Pac:

Where Units Can Move
    Land Units: A land unit can move into any friendly or friendly
    neutral territory,…

Sea Units: A sea unit can move through any friendly sea
    zone. It can’t move into or through a hostile sea zone.

@Pac:

Japan may attack Dutch territories
    only if a state of war exists between it and the United Kingdom and ANZAC.

Does that clarify it for you?

• @simon33:

I’m not aware of any such software limitation.

True neutrals and the Dutch are hostile to the Axis and must be attacked, therefore can’t be moved into on non combat move.

@Pac:

Where Units Can Move
    Land Units: A land unit can move into any friendly or friendly
    neutral territory,…

Sea Units: A sea unit can move through any friendly sea
    zone. It can�t move into or through a hostile sea zone.

@Pac:

Japan may attack Dutch territories
    only if a state of war exists between it and the United Kingdom and ANZAC.

Does that clarify it for you?

Thank you Simon! Am looking these up right now (downloading copy of pacific rules as I dont have a copy myself). I do remember a debate as to whether Pacific rules were superseded by Global rules? In the past few games Japan has been able to occupy DEI without DoW on England, which felt off to me.

edit: downlowaded the rules pacific… clear as day! TY Very Much!

• Thanks Simon

• I have a quick question,
    : In Europe 1940 what IPCs do the nations have ready to spend on their first turn? the rule book didn’t seem to cover this

• Their cash they can spend in the 1st turn is the same as their starting income.

From p7 of the rulebook: “Each power is color coded as shown in the following chart, which also shows the power’s starting income level and treasury in Industrial Production Credits…”. So the table shows not only each nation’s starting income but also their starting treasury (= cash to spend in 1st turn).

• A follow up question about Dutch East Indies…. as UK and Australian forces can move into them and claim their IPC values without DoW… does the forces have to be land forces or can Australia land a plan on Borneo, for instance, and claim the territory and IPCs? And would this be something that has to be done on non-combat phase, as is entering other friendly neutrals?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m