Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• Official Q&A

@cond1024:

2. Can France declare war on Japan at any time and does that affect any other nation or bonus?

It can, and it does not.

@Barindo:

Q1 European Rulebook p. 10 and 37: The US may declare war at the beginning of their Collect Income phase of the 3rd turn.
    So can they then collect 25 IPCs bonus for their national objective on their 3rd turn, during that same collect income phase.

Yes.

• @Imperious:

http://www.axisandallies.org/resources-downloads/setup-chart-for-axis-allies-europe-1940-second-edition/

http://www.axisandallies.org/resources-downloads/setup-chart-for-axis-allies-pacific-1940-second-edition/

I haven’t seen any traffic on this (but I probably missed it) but there are a few errors in the above links.  I discovered this while setting up our first Global game in a long time.

The following items are not included in the typed out list, but do appear on the box tops:

For the Japanese:
    JAPAN - 2 Strategic Bombers, Air Base, Naval Base, Major Industrial Complex
    MANCHURIA - 2 Tactical Bombers

For the Chinese:
    KWEICHOW - 2 Infantry

That is all.  Carry on.

-Boxcars

• According to the new rules, does the US start with minor or major industrial complexes for Global 1940 2nd ed?

• @ryguy:

According to the new rules, does the US start with minor or major industrial complexes for Global 1940 2nd ed?

Minor for Global (revisions to the setup and rules for Global are located in the rule book).  Major for Europe only - which is the setup printed on the boxes.

• While looking up if moving the surviving UK fleet to SZ 109 would stop the convoy disruption from 2 subs that sank the destroyer and transport there on G1, I noticed a misprint in the Europe Rulebook, page 24.  The 2nd exhibit says the UK sub in SZ 97 would cost Italy 2 IPCs and could cost Germany 2 IPCs if still there on Germany’s turn.  Isn’t that the old rules and it should now say the sub gets to roll 2 dice on both the Italian’s and German’s turn?

The rules just say a hostile warship has to be in the sea zone to disrupt convoys, even if friendly ships are sharing the location.  So even if I combat move a cruiser and battleship in from SZ 110 and the subs submerge, and then build a destroyer on top of them, those pesky subs still get to drain my income.  :-(

If anyone can point out how to counter that on UK1, please let me know.  I also had 2 more subs doing the same thing in SZ 106.

• @Barindo:

While looking up if moving the surviving UK fleet to SZ 109 would stop the convoy disruption from 2 subs that sank the destroyer and transport there on G1, I noticed a misprint in the Europe Rulebook, page 24.  The 2nd exhibit says the UK sub in SZ 97 would cost Italy 2 IPCs and could cost Germany 2 IPCs if still there on Germany’s turn.  Isn’t that the old rules and it should now say the sub gets to roll 2 dice on both the Italian’s and German’s turn?

Does convoy disruption in Global 2ndEd. really differ from latest Alpha3?

• lone sub vs loaded cvs, what happens to the fighters?

say fighters stretch their max distance to partake in a naval battle. What happens if the attacker retreats? Can the fighters land on a cv? Or do they die automatically?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

the fighters die if they have no valid landing space.

If you retreat, and they used 4 movement to get to the seazone of battle.  They die.

Subs ONLY fight the carrier, if the carrier gets hit, or sunk, the fighters must have a space to land at withing 1 space, if not. they die too.

• Thanks, just wanted to confirm.

• '22 '19 '18

Question regarding UK building bases.
    1. Can UK London build naval bases for the pacific side and vice versa?
    2. Can the two UK economies split the cost for bases, say 8 from London and 7 from Calcutta?

• Hi Cond1024: no to both parts. The only thing UK can split between the two economies is Tech, from which they would then both benefit.

• can the UK uprage its minor industrial complex in S.A. to a Major?

• Can only upgrade if the area is 3 IPC or greater, Minor is 2 IPC and no islands

• no islands can have major?

• What IL was saying is that “islands” can’t have an IC at all, while minors can only be placed in territorities with an IPC value of 2 or greater and majors can only be placed or upgraded in “your” original territories with an IPC value of 3 or greater.

So no to the major in South Africa because it only has an IPC value of 2.

• Island rule for IC don’t include Japan, Australia, UK.

Just all the little islands that have mostly no IPC, including Borneo, Indies, “the dutch” areas and New Zealand.

The rules exists because Norway used to be able to get a US major factory pumping out 10 tanks, which broke the game. Larry overlooked this and fixed it.

• @Imperious:

Island rule for IC don’t include Japan, Australia, UK.

Per the definitions in the game rules, the UK is not an Island.  Australia is not an Island either (I mean, sure, it’s a continent, we all know that, but it’s also not a single territory surrounded by a single seazone).  But yes, the island rule doesn’t include Japan.

• So you can’t build in IC in Borneo, Hawaii, New Zealand, etc?

• Correct.

• '22 '19 '18

How would this scenario play out?  3 UK inf and 3UK art are loaded on three US transports attacking western germany from SZ 112, (UK’s turn) with a large US navy in the same sea zone and no UK navy or air.  Germany scrambles to defend the sea zone but my question is are the German air able to sink US transports? If so that seems a little strange that the America navy would sit by while one of their transports are sinking.  Also since it is an American transport on UKs turn it can’t retreat so what happens?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m