Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• Agree with Bold

Ignoring subs is only a combat movement phase thing.  Scramble creates combat in the zone, and the sub is in the zone

• '22 '16

Is it a rule that all units must unload from transports on an amphibious assault?
    Example. Transport picks up two inf enters a sz and unloads only one inf for the amphibious assault.

• They don’t have to all unload, but any units that don’t unload are stuck on the transport until the next turn.

• '22 '16

Okay I think I have answered my own question. Rule book states that any units loaded during the combat phase must unload for an amphibious assault. Pg 15. I don’t have a second edition rule book can this be confirmed?  Thank you.

• @ChocolatePancake:

They don’t have to all unload, but any units that don’t unload are stuck on the transport until the next turn.

Both have to unload into the same territory if loaded in the  Combat Round (for an amphibious assault). In Non Combat, you can choose to leave one on board.

• Ah, true, if they are loaded during the combat phase then yeah, they both have to unload. Missed that part of his question.

• '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Quote from: Zhukov44 on October 05, 2014, 10:26:39 am

Well the reason this came up is following Italy’s declaration on Russia and invasion of Russia, Germany did not declare on Russia, but moved forces into formerly Russian territory.  Should Germany get the peacetime NO in that scenario?

Yes germany double dips here.  They get the no for peace but their sub blocks the Russian no.

I am experiencing the above scenario in a game that is on hold till later after Turkey Day.  I am playing Germany and Italy.  I was able to DOW Russia on IT turn 2.  I blitzed a tank from Romania through Eastern Poland and into Baltic States (both countries were void of any Russian unit). On German Turn 3 I am not going to DOW Russia.  I am going to put a warship in SZ 124.  I will move units into Baltic States and Eastern Poland.  I will transport a load of two units into Baltic states from SZ 115 and be able to ignore the Russian cruiser and sub there because Germany is not at war with Russia.  So Germany will get the bonus for not being at War with Russia and Russia will not get a bonus because of an Axis Warship in SZ 124.

In addition on Russia turn three they cannot attack Italian controlled Eastern Poland or Baltic States or the transport in SZ 115 because they cannot DOW Germany until Turn 4.  So does all this ring true?  If so it seems rather odd.  But I would really enjoy being able to give this experience as a present to my Russia opponent.

Thank you for any replies.

• Couple things, Von

First, I think you mean zone 125.  Everything you wrote is correct until you got to the part about Russia not being able to declare war on Germany.

As soon as one of the European Axis powers (Germany or Italy) is at war with Russia, Russia is free to declare war on the other one.  Russia does NOT have to wait until turn 4 to declare war on the Germans unless the Italians and Germans both lay off.

• '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Thanks Gamer.

Yes I meant 125.  It makes sense that Russia should be able to DOW after being attacked.

Thanks

• If you fail a tech research, you conserve all your tech tokens as AA 50th Anniversary?

• No, that was changed.  There are no tokens.  That was AA50 and AA50 only.

Plus, you still can’t get more than 1 at a time (In classic you could get all 6 at once for 30 IPC’s if you rolled 6 6’s).
    And some of them are so weak!
    You may want to houserule it and play with tokens, or reduce the cost, or something.

• Can chinese units move to Burma or Kwangtung if British isn’t at war with Japan?

• Yes, Chinese can move into Burma or Kwangtung at any time.  (Although in all practicality, there will never be any Chinese units in Hong Kong before UK is at war with Japan  :-))

There is a rule against UK/ANZ entering China when not at war with Japan, but no rule against China going to Burma or Hong Kong, and no stipulation that UK/ANZ must be at war with Japan first.

Neutral rules don’t apply because China is not neutral, and neither is UK/ANZ (at war in Europe, and can declare war on Japan on round 1 if they want).

• Rules question regarding this game. I am pretty sure it can be done, but wish to make certain as a lot as it stake here.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=34792.75

Can I move my Italian destroyer in Z92 to Z108, thus ignoring the American submarine, during NCM.

• The american destroyer is in Z91 btw.

• @Soulblighter:

The american destroyer is in Z91 btw.

I mean submarine.

• A destroyer will stop a subs movement , but a sub doesn’t stop a destroyers movement.

• I didn’t follow the link, but went by your description.

A destroyer (indeed, any boat even a transport) can always noncom to a seazone containing only subs/transports.

BTW a sub can noncom into a zone containing a destroyer, it just can’t go beyond the destroyer zone into another zone.

• A transport cannot however NCM to a hostile sea zone, correct?

• @IKE:

A transport cannot however NCM to a hostile sea zone, correct?

Right, a hostile sea zone being a sea zone containing a surface warship of a power with which you are at war.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m