• Customizer

@Jermofoot:

Just laying the groundwork for it now:  Lannisters in decline, wildling integration and new northern threat, Dany & her dragons, the other Targaryen in Westeros with an army, Littlefinger seemingly raising the Vale under him (with an unblemished army to boot), Dorne secret allegiance with Targaryens, Ironborn still loose, the Starks Return?..…that’s just off the top of my head.

Yes, but does any of that make great TV, especially with no major characters kicking the bucket?

• Is that all that makes great TV?

First off, people are invested for 4 seasons.  There are many things to address:

Arya
    The Hound
    The Mountain
    A New King
    Stannis and his quest for the throne
    Wildlings
    WTF with the Others?
    Dany
    Tyrion
    The Boltons
    Ironborn
    Littlefinger/Sansa
    Martells/Oberyn’s death
    Varys
    Brienne
    Bran/Hodor
    Margery/Tommen

again, off the top of my head.  And there’s still more to come.

• I was a bit put off with what initially felt like an out of nowhere sidetrack with the Ironborn in Book 4. But then they rolled out the horn to control the dragons and suddenly we have a looming confrontation and accompanying intrigues over who will be Master of the Dragons. I’m wagering on a sudden but inevitable betrayal from the priest sailing with Victarion Greyjoy. What I had thought was a detour and “why are we spending time on this?” is something I’m quite eager to learn the resolution of.

Unless done poorly I’m unsure how that wouldn’t be interesting TV. Especially since Dany is pretty popular. Victarion looming ever closer and hanging over everything she does would be an interesting theme for a season or just an arc of episodes.

You can’t have a red wedding every week.

• Customizer

But so many storylines to cram into 10 episodes; most characters will get about 3 scenes in the entire 5th season.

And nobody dies.

Apart from –-e—.

A sad loss I don’t think.

• Customizer

Last book not even started on yet.

At his rate of scribing there’s no way it’ll be finished before the relevant TV season is made.

Martin will have to supply the producers with a skeleton version of the novel for the final TV shows - aired before the book is published:

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/news/george-r-r-martin-rules-eighth-game-thrones-104152422.html

• @Flashman:

But so many storylines to cram into 10 episodes; most characters will get about 3 scenes in the entire 5th season.

And nobody dies.

Apart from –-e—.

A sad loss I don’t think.

There simply isn’t a way to do the next season the way the books are, it’ll have to be combined.  I think it’ll be more exciting that way.

@Flashman:

Last book not even started on yet.

At his rate of scribing there’s no way it’ll be finished before the relevant TV season is made.

Martin will have to supply the producers with a skeleton version of the novel for the final TV shows - aired before the book is published:

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/news/george-r-r-martin-rules-eighth-game-thrones-104152422.html

He knows how he wants it to end - I think the path to get there is the hard part.  He’ll finish.

• '19 '18

Anyone else super, super disappointed by the final episode of season 4?

From “disappointed” to “omg, how could they ruin it so hard”, this order:

1.) Skeletons instead of wights?
    2.) Letting Jojen die. What if he still has a role to play in the times to come?
    3.) Tysha. She was almost the whole motivation behind Tyrions decision to go to Tywin. There’s also a huge difference between leaving Jaime in a fight or not. It means a lot for Jaimes path to redemption.
    4.) Leaving out Coldhands. Such a mysterious and interesting figure!

and of course the worst thing:

1. Brynden Rivers, aka the Three-Eyed-Crow. WTF? He looks like grandpa just accidentally sitting in a chair made of roots. He should look more like being part of the tree. Almost consisting of roots and branches and so on. And he has TWO EYES?!?!?! He even mentions “Watching with a 1000 eyes and one” in the series… oh my god, seriously. I hope they fix this next season.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m