• Oh, I know this!
    Following: If you are playing with the original 6 Tac-Bomber for Japan, contact the customer support and tell them you are missing Japanese Tactical Bomber. They know the issue and will send you 6 additional Japanese Tactical Bomber. At least they sent me (and a friend of mine who also owns pacific 1940) additional 6 japanese tactical Bomber. They stated there should have been 9 instead of 6 in the box. Try it, they won’t charge you anything and send it right home to you (at least the shipping could take some time).

• @BulwFi:

Northern Italy IC has been dropped to Minor already

Who took out the Major?  French units?

• What was US’s idea of stacking in marshall?  it has no strategic benefit over hawaii, queensland, or queensland.

• TripleA

wow late japan DOW? The late Japan DOW makes me vomit.

yeah I would be @ queensland with USA fo sho, ready to counter attack when Japan does DOW (make it tricky for him to guard 3 islands)

Also did russia forget to move his infantry or something? what gives? Usually I pull it back and push it forward the turn after if I want to do heavy pacific play. I either do all 18 or pull 6 back to russia and use 12.

On USA 2, sea lion threat passed, should be near full pacific purchases. May as well buy pacific hard early on, shut japan down, then all usa has to do after that is hold egypt/london even if russia falls. China can always make the comeback.

• French took Northern italy IC as all units had to defend rome from British turn 2.
    Dunno why the USA went to Marshal as the player always go queensland. J3 Dowis the norm in our group cow. Next time im Japan im going to J2 Dow as i now see the benifits but havn’t played as Japan in long time.

Japan to go next so DEI is the target i think.

• TripleA

You got to DOW J1 in bad europe situations. Push for that pacific victory.

Then again, russia looks like he has no idea what he is doing. China messed up royally as well.

For someone claiming devastation to german air… guess that is the stuff you had to rebuild. Germany is about a turn behind on russia, but russia is about to make himself go a turn behind. Japan is a turn late on war, but china decided to stack up in front of all of japan it seems.

So basically, the axis got bad luck, the allies made Japan’s job easy by suiciding china despite late DOW… Oh yes, how do you have borneo when you are not at war with USA? UK pac declared war on you and the only thing you could take away was borneo?

Is the med fleet from UK heading over to the pacific? Well I guess since they are free units, may as well have fun.

~
    Russia putting mid size stacks in front of full stacks = idiot player -> easy win for axis.

belarus looks like a legit strafe run for germany. you would need, under 16 hits or get stuck there. He has 14 rolls, you got 18 rolls? bigger dice (not including air here). You may as well wack it and retreat.

Unless you got enough for bryansk (can’t see how many if you got there so can’t tell if you can win that battle).

But yeah, why did you rebuy the luffewaffe on g2? usually G2 if you do barb, that is your full mech/armor buy so you can push russia hard and quick so you can get some minors under your belt. then you get the luffewaffe again later.

Still, axis in a slump because of dice, but looks like the allies needed that kind of luck to be in the game.

I am pretty sure you will still manage to get calcutta.

Avoid buying armor with Japan, you are almost always better off with mech.

• @Cow:

You got to DOW J1 in bad europe situations. Push for that pacific victory.

Then again, russia looks like he has no idea what he is doing. China messed up royally as well.

For someone claiming devastation to german air… guess that is the stuff you had to rebuild. Germany is about a turn behind on russia, but russia is about to make himself go a turn behind. Japan is a turn late on war, but china decided to stack up in front of all of japan it seems.

So basically, the axis got bad luck, the allies made Japan’s job easy by suiciding china despite late DOW… Oh yes, how do you have borneo when you are not at war with USA? UK pac declared war on you and the only thing you could take away was borneo?

Is the med fleet from UK heading over to the pacific? Well I guess since they are free units, may as well have fun.

~
    Russia putting mid size stacks in front of full stacks = idiot player -> easy win for axis.

belarus looks like a legit strafe run for germany. you would need, under 16 hits or get stuck there. He has 14 rolls, you got 18 rolls? bigger dice (not including air here). You may as well wack it and retreat.

Unless you got enough for bryansk (can’t see how many if you got there so can’t tell if you can win that battle).

But yeah, why did you rebuy the luffewaffe on g2? usually G2 if you do barb, that is your full mech/armor buy so you can push russia hard and quick so you can get some minors under your belt. then you get the luffewaffe again later.

Still, axis in a slump because of dice, but looks like the allies needed that kind of luck to be in the game.

I am pretty sure you will still manage to get calcutta.

Avoid buying armor with Japan, you are almost always better off with mech.

China did stack up against Japan, however russia is playing well on the europe side of the map, that attack you speak of vs belarus was on my mind too, gives great position for taking leningrad the following turn, along side the Finland to Karelia attack. The attack is 12 armor, 3 fighters, 2 tacs, 4 mech and 2 inf although if i get over 17(not likely) im wide open to his counter from bryansk. That would put me back at least 2 or 3 rounds.

Attacking bryansk is madness because i dont have enough arty simply.

The Luff was bought G2 to help Italy in med but britian pulled out and sat off the coast of egypt.

Japan is in a great position for J4 in my opinion, as it can take the rest of the DEI and not present a target (that they can beat) for the allies. Borneo phillipines hongkong and fic was attacked on j3, therefor war with usa.

The British fleet is on its way to pacific however its 2 turns from doing anything.

Not a fan of J1 DOW, Usa makes to much money too early, India can really help china and then thats a serious problem. too risky for mostly conservative players  :-D.

As Germany i feel i need to realy help Italy in the Med, (navy buys in southern france) no axis warships in the med is a serious problem. Was thinking if the German fleet of the coast of gibraltar survives ( not likeky) pulling it into the med. The down side to this is it takes my first line of defence away from an atlantic attack from britian and usa vs western europe.

• Cool.

I’m thinking of doing something like this when I get my Global Edition. I was going to do it with my 1941, but the suspense to play Global has left me to keep the area clear so I can set it up as soon as it arrives in the mail.  :lol:

• TripleA

So china was dumb, how fortunant for Japan, you can just draw a line from japan to calcutta and that is your strategy. Still hilarious to see the medit fleet shoved to the pacific while italy is still a sad panda. That is pretty funny how he diced you (assuming you scrambled if no scramble then yeah you can double miss and that is not really dicing).

I wonder if UK is the egypt minor IC type. Europe looks like a temporary stalemate, depends on how much success you get on the strafe run.

I foresee you losing some transports with Japan, which is never a good thing.

Japan 1 is the best round to DOW for Japan, it is standard in low luck games, dice games most people do J2, I only do J2 if I got to deal with a big russian stack next to korea on J1.

Then again there was this crazy game I had where I declared war on everyone dropped the hammer on all the russian stuff, took phil…. I won the pacific in that game which was hilarious. He was pretty frustrated, because he went near full pacific.

Japan is not for conservative players, it is for honey badgers that take what they want. It is the powerhouse of the axis, the reason why axis win global, because usa has to put so much effort into the pacific to stop it and even then can end up losing.
    ~
    Then again I haven’t been forced to deal with the medit fleet being shoved into the pacific… usually when that happens egypt goes and at that point Japan just bombs moscow and russia drops, GG europe win.

• Round 2 this evening so will post new pics etc soon

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m