F-15s Wargame over the Pacific (Helmet Cam Video)

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

As a pilot in mid-training, I have alot of appreciation for this video… I did enjoy it!

that said… and not to take anything away from this effort… but after reading the article and the comments, I was really pumped, but I’m left with the feeling it was alot more hype than delivery. :S

I also don’t know how much that the average person can appreciate the video, unless they’ve been behind the yoke.

@Gargantua:

As a pilot in mid-training, I have alot of appreciation for this video… I did enjoy it!

that said… and not to take anything away from this effort… but after reading the article and the comments, I was really pumped, but I’m left with the feeling it was alot more hype than delivery. :S

I also don’t know how much that the average person can appreciate the video, unless they’ve been behind the yoke.

That is very true, and I agree. I do not usually like the writing style of authors on this site, especially on “patriotic” matters. I mean it is good to be proud and even pumped up, but sometimes Blaze writers can exaggerate the effect to the point where it feels contrived. “Hype” is certainly an appropriate word for it. I don’t like hype. The comments can get that way too.

Some of the music was a bit unecessary or not really fitting too, but it was still cool. I have always wanted to be a pilot, but unfortunately my eyes aren’t good enough. Maybe a private liscence would still be a lot of fun though. It defintely cannot be appreciated fully by a person in front of a computer screen… not even by 10% I bet.

Good to know these guys are on our side though.

Hoff,

Laser Vision Correction will fix you. :P

Also, if you had a solid month of perfect weather, and $10,000 you could probably almost get your pilots license.  There’s alot to it, but once you start down that road, you’re just building it all up.

Try a flight school in your area! usually the first session is only $80.

@Gargantua:

Hoff,

Laser Vision Correction will fix you. :P

Also, if you had a solid month of perfect weather, and $10,000 you could probably almost get your pilots license.  There’s alot to it, but once you start down that road, you’re just building it all up.

Try a flight school in your area! usually the first session is only $80.

$10,000!?  It is that much?

I have been considering Laser Correction for some time now. That is fairly expensive also, but I do want to have it done at some point. As far as military service goes, certain laser surgery procedures are allowed, but sometimes they get very picky, esp. the Navy.

It’s basically pay as you go…

$600 or so for ground school (About 40 to 60 hours)  then you pay to rent the plane ($100 to $150 per flying hour)  you’ll need an instructor for atleast 15 hours…  who is also $50 an hour in the air, and $50 an hour pre flight.

So each session in the beginning is about $300… but as you progress, it gets cheaper.

The cool thing about renting a plane is you only pay for the hours it’s actually running/flying. (To an extent) so say you want to do a day trip, a 1 hour flight there 1 hour back, it’s only $300 + gas, which is roughly equivelant to car gas, except you cover WAY more ground.

Then there are all the medical permits etc etc, $50 here, $100 there… but you get it all done as you can! :D

Commericial pilot is a different deal… and if you want to be an astronaut, you HAVE to atleast have your pilots license.

A pilot license is the drivers license of the next century IMO!

@Gargantua:

It’s basically pay as you go…

$600 or so for ground school (About 40 to 60 hours)  then you pay to rent the plane ($100 to $150 per flying hour)  you’ll need an instructor for atleast 15 hours…  who is also $50 an hour in the air, and $50 an hour pre flight.

So each session in the beginning is about $300… but as you progress, it gets cheaper.

The cool thing about renting a plane is you only pay for the hours it’s actually running/flying. (To an extent) so say you want to do a day trip, a 1 hour flight there 1 hour back, it’s only $300 + gas, which is roughly equivelant to car gas, except you cover WAY more ground.

Then there are all the medical permits etc etc, $50 here, $100 there… but you get it all done as you can! :D

Commericial pilot is a different deal… and if you want to be an astronaut, you HAVE to atleast have your pilots license.

A pilot license is the drivers license of the next century IMO!

I see. Well, it is something I do want to do. Good thing is, I am young and do have some time to spend doing it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m