• …this makes me a SAD PANDA…how easy is it to watch the Premier league on the internet (moving to Japan, so they won’t have it unless I go satelite…and that’s too expensive)?

Anyone else bummed about the hockey season being over?

• I sure as hell hope they can get it figured out……Orr I’ll have to go down town and drop the gloves with em!!!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Mallery29:

Anyone else bummed about the hockey season being over?

Far as I have seen this is not official (yet).

If it does happen… well, there go my late Saturday nights with Don Cherry, Ron MacLean, Kelly Hrudey and PJ Stock. Crap.

And no Fantasy either, though that might not be a bad thing.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Agreed.  We need hockey.  Or else I’ll have to watch “Goon” for the 5th time. 
    “Glatt, your riding piss hole!”

• What’s more official than not talking….

I miss Hockey Night in Canada…don’t get me wrong, when I was living in the NE, I got the Bruins, Devils, NYRs on TV, but watching CBC when I lived in Washington was fun!  My wife hated every minute of it though (especially when you had the college FB games on earlier in the day, and then I decide to watch the East coast and West coast games)…

Goon?  What, were they out of Slapshot 2?

If this does get back on track, I do need a fill for a hockey league (2 player keeper), so if interested let me know.

I hate Donald Fehr…I wanted to kill that mofo after the baseball strike…if we go down the same path, I may actually go through with it this time! (Don’t worry, Bettman is already on my hit list).

@Mallery29:

My wife hated every minute of it though (especially when you had the college FB games on earlier in the day, and then I decide to watch the East coast and West coast games)…

Fortunately for me, my fiance actually likes hockey and will watch with me. Lucky guy I guess…

But oh man, that is the life: college football all day then hockey at night. Get out the cheese curls and ginger ale!

@Mallery29:

If this does get back on track, I do need a fill for a hockey league (2 player keeper), so if interested let me know.Â

Yeah, I would be interested in that. I played for the first time last year with ESPN’s league. It was pretty fun, won pretty handily, though I would prefer some more dedicated competition this time. If it does get back on track, PM me or send me an email, I’d love to join you. Not familiar with keeper leagues… Is that retaining two players from your last season team?

@Mallery29:

I hate Donald Fehr…I wanted to kill that mofo after the baseball strike…if we go down the same path, I may actually go through with it this time! (Don’t worry, Bettman is already on my hit list).

Now that Osama bin Laden is dead, Bettman is #1 most wanted on everyone’s hit list. Something about the guy just annoys the heck out of me.

Look on the bright side I guess: no NHL means we don’t have to look at Pierre McGuire, or hear “Ricochet” and “Opportunity” as every other word from the mouths of Doc Emrick and Eddie Olczyk.

• In our keeper league, you get to keep two people you drafted (and retained) from last year’s draft.  One guy is from rounds 1-6, and the other guy is from round 7 and below….
    For example: I took Bergeron in Rd 13 last year.  This year he will be auto drafted for me in Rd 12.  Lucic who I drafted Rd 6, will now be my Rd 5 draft pick.

We can also trade draft pick trades.

I like to think we are pretty competitive…sometimes “too” competitive…hee hee hee…

Wife likes hockey, but not when I’ve planted my ass in front of the TV for 18 hours.

@Mallery29:

In our keeper league, you get to keep two people you drafted (and retained) from last year’s draft.  One guy is from rounds 1-6, and the other guy is from round 7 and below….
    For example: I took Bergeron in Rd 13 last year.  This year he will be auto drafted for me in Rd 12.  Lucic who I drafted Rd 6, will now be my Rd 5 draft pick.

We can also trade draft pick trades.

I like to think we are pretty competitive…sometimes “too” competitive…hee hee hee…

Cool. You can count me in, God willing… Do you use ESPN or Yahoo or some other league?

@Mallery29:

Wife likes hockey, but not when I’ve planted my ass in front of the TV for 18 hours.

Same.

• Yahoo…I grew tired of ESPN…they make it too difficult by trying to be so flashy…I just want to set my rosters and talk smack…I don’t care about the pretty colors or videos that I really don’t need to see…(their FB leagues did this to me).

@Mallery29:

Yahoo…I grew tired of ESPN…they make it too difficult by trying to be so flashy…I just want to set my rosters and talk smack…I don’t care about the pretty colors or videos that I really don’t need to see…(their FB leagues did this to me).

I agree. I haven’t used Yahoo before, but theirs seemed more streamlined and user-friendly.

Here’s hoping. And thanks again for the invite. We both like hockey, and Star Trek it seems.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Lhoff…

What are “Cheese Curls”?

• 3rd time with labor issues under Bettman.

Nice commissioner.

Only ‘professional’ sport to ever lose an entire season to owners whim.

Gads.  I agree this doesn’t look like a favorable outcome is near.

@Gargantua:

Lhoff…

What are “Cheese Curls”?

You know, like cheese puffs? I have always called them cheese curls. They go very well with ginger ale and Hockey Night in Canada.

Please see below.

lg_Shearers_ExtrudedCheeseCurls.png
    66canadadry.jpg

• If the two sides are soo greedy that they can’t figure out how to share a 3.3 billion yearly industry they don’t deserve it.

• I agree with the players stance on revenue sharing.  It has saved baseball…I totally had my doubts and thought for sure that they needed a salary cap…the owners need to model the revenue sharing like baseball for the small markets to survive…ok, so you may not have enough talent for a bit, but if they limit how much draft picks can earn (like they started doing in the other sports), the small market teams can take advantage of this.  If the NHL is so anti-KHL, why give them a perfect chance to become huge (especially with Socchi 2 years away)?

• Sponsor

Canadian die hard hockey fan here who will be ready to watch every Habs game whenever they get this thing settled. Got to many opinions about it to bore everyone here, but I know what the fans should do. As a third party we are weak, but if we all support one side, the fans might be the extra wieght needed to force an agreement.

No hockey :-( :x :evil: I dont want to change my user name to "ftbtown1 :-(

@hkytown1:

No hockey :-( :x :evil: I dont want to change my user name to "ftbtown1 :-(

Not sure Detroit can claim “ftbtown1” the same way it can for hockey. So, I’d stick with what you’ve got.

Agreed. Thank god I’m not a Lions fan, at least my Eagles are getting it done, barely.

@hkytown1:

Agreed. Thank god I’m not a Lions fan, at least my Eagles are getting it done, barely.

Not very into NFL football, but will watch occassionally. However, being from Toledo, I have been a Red Wings fan since birth.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m