• Hello, I’m trying to find miniature buildings to use on capitals for my custom Global 40 board.  A friend of mine gave me a miniature Eiffel Tower that they picked up as a souvenir while actually in Paris which inspired me to get similar miniatures for all the capitals.  I’m looking for buildings like Big Ben, Brandenburg Gate, St. Basil’s Cathedral, the White House, etc.  Does anyone know a good place to find these miniatures?  Ideally they would have a base around 1" x 1" but I could go a little larger if need be.  My searching so far has not gone well, so aside from actually visiting each city myself and picking up souvenirs, any other tips would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

• Customizer

Great idea.  I think your best bet would be to check the gift shops at said locations - I would think most have online purchase options as well…

• If you find any please post up where you found them I would love to have them for myself

• I found some that I think will work great.  They should be arriving in the mail early this coming week:

I can’t post links yet, but if you go to Amazon and search ‘Safari around the world’ you should find a ‘toob’ with 10 mini buildings in it.

It includes a statue of liberty, big ben, eiffel tower, taj mahal, pyramids, tower of pisa (it’ll have to do for now), and other randoms.  Pretty cheap for about 10 bucks too.

If anyone finds a St. Basil’s Cathedral, Osaka Castle, Brandenburg Gate, and whatever the heck goes in Australia, please let me know!

On a side note, Go Packers!

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Maybe this would work for Australia…  :-D :-P

21Asgb5plGL.SL500_AA300.jpg

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

On a serious note, HBG just came out with these. Not sure it would work for you or not…

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HBG-3D-Victory-City-Acrylic-_p_952.html

vc1.jpg

• Does HBG have any plans to make pieces for the capitals? you could do them in neutral grey and run them all on the same tree.

• Cities from Risk 2008 are cool, and that little white house thingy from HBG is fine for the so-called democracies, but what we REALLY need is a proper city to be used by the Axis powers, with a giant dome to represent Germania.

germania.jpg

• I got my buildings in the mail yesterday and they are a great size if you have an enlarged board.  I don’t think I could recommend them for an OOB board, although I do not own a copy of Europe or Pacific 40.  The plastic pieces might be a little bent from being in the tube, but otherwise they’re great!

I’ve seen those markers from HBG, but they’re generic and lego pieces work just as well for me until I can find the rest of my building landmarks.  I agree though that an Axis version of it would be cool as well.  I saw the Risk cities too and they would have worked great as major complexes if I didn’t decide to cheap out and make them out of legos as well.

Other than a kangaroo, what else DO you put in Australia?  I’m starting to lean towards Crocodile Dundee.

• @ryguy:

Other than a kangaroo, what else DO you put in Australia?Â

A boomerang-shaped monumental arch, maybe?

• @CWO:

@ryguy:

Other than a kangaroo, what else DO you put in Australia?�Â

A boomerang-shaped monumental arch, maybe?

I was thinking the Sidney Oprea House it’s not WW2 but it’s very Aussie

• I used the Harbour Bridge.  Built in the 30’s.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I love HBG and what they offer, they’re products are for the elite, I even have a totally blacked out (chips) german set.  But my least favourite item is that capital building :S

It just doesn’t do it for me! :S

The victory cities from Fortress America are the best…

• I rather like the cities from Risk as minors and the grey axis & allies factories as majors because the risk cities have a little building on them that looks just like the A&A factory without the smokestacks (same 3 tiered roof).  If you upgrade it to a major that little factory becomes an giant one I guess.

• @Vance:

I rather like the cities from Risk as minors and the grey axis & allies factories as majors because the risk cities have a little building on them that looks just like the A&A factory without the smokestacks (same 3 tiered roof).  If you upgrade it to a major that little factory becomes an giant one I guess.

But isn’t the Risk piece as a whole bigger than the A&A factory?  Didn’t you know that size matters?  :-P

So garg, since I bought some oil derricks from HBG, does that make me as elite as you then?

Maybe for Australia I can bust out some Ramen noodles, add a little paint and glue, and call it the Great Barrier Reef.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

LOL not quite RY…

I used the risk pieces as my Majors, as they are larger, and that is in keeping with the axis and allies mantra, that larger means more expensive. :P

• Ah yes but the little factory on the risk city is smaller and it doesn’t even have a smokestack.  The other buildings look to me like a grain elevator and an oil derrick - both rural things you would find outside a big city.  Plus when I got my used copy of risk it had a lot of pieces missing (who cares?) but it had 15 of those cities in it so if I use them as minors there are enough to go around.  I don’t have as many grey axis & allies factories.  Besides if you’re spending $12 you should get something nice.  whatever, they look cool anyway  :-)

HEY!  Why don’t they just throw in a bunch of those with the global re-release?  :-D

• @Vance:

HEY!  Why don’t they just throw in a bunch of those with the global re-release?  :-D

Would be sweet if they did.  Cardboard pieces make me want to punch holes in the wall :(

• Customizer

Guys,

@Vance:

I rather like the cities from Risk as minors and the grey axis & allies factories as majors because the risk cities have a little building on them that looks just like the A&A factory without the smokestacks (same 3 tiered roof). � If you upgrade it to a major that little factory becomes an giant one I guess.

Here’s an pic of both the OOB (Major I.C.) and the “Risk” (Minor I.C.) side by side. These were prototypes as the end result had no doors, windows, or skylights added and the red brick style of smokestack. Personally, I love how the “Risk” city represents a Minor I.C. and I simply can’t stand the cardboard cr*p that comes with the game. Hope this helps.

“Tall Paul”

p.s.–-These were painted by “Allworkandnoclay” and they have a thread about them specifically if you’re interested.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=26834.0

factories1-1.JPG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m