Out of 8 leagues I’m in, I won 6. Jermo, this is a rematch of my league from last year. Obviously a blowout, but an interesting lineup nonetheless. I’m with Locker.

GG

Screen shot 2012-09-11 at 8.55.07 AM.png

I’m the team with Tom Brady in the Yahoo league…

Loose Goose is mine.

Screen shot 2012-09-11 at 8.57.58 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-09-11 at 8.59.37 AM.png

Romo Cop
    Brothel’s Burgers

Screen shot 2012-09-11 at 9.00.11 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-09-11 at 9.00.40 AM.png

Rice 'n Greens.
    Life is a Brees.

Screen shot 2012-09-11 at 9.01.09 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-09-11 at 9.02.14 AM.png

So I guess 7 leagues, 5 wins. By far, Brothel Burgers is my favorite.

GG

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Brothel’s Burgers

LOL… eww…

@Gargantua:

Brothel’s Burgers

LOL… eww…

Hehe, I had fun making that name. And taking another cheap shot at Big Ben.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

Out of 8 leagues I’m in, I won 6. Jermo, this is a rematch of my league from last year. Obviously a blowout, but an interesting lineup nonetheless. I’m with Locker.

GG

Is that a keeper league?
    Also, it looks like the scoring for Kickers and Defense aren’t up to the rest of the team.  Why even have them if they are so insignificant?

@Jermofoot:

@Guerrilla:

GG

Is that a keeper league?
    Also, it looks like the scoring for Kickers and Defense aren’t up to the rest of the team.  Why even have them if they are so insignificant?

No, redraft. I don’t know why she has the scoring that way, it’s a little odd. The scoring is posted below, you can see she decided to make QBs quite powerful. And, yes, there are several games where I’ve seen some players without kickers just so they can have that extra spot for a sleeper.

GG

Offense               League Value                   Yahoo! Default Value
    Passing Attempts               1                                     0
    Completions             1                                      0
    Incomplete Passes       -1                      0
    Passing Yards      3 yards per point             25 yards per point
    Passing Touchdowns         25                    4
    Interceptions                 -10                       -1
    Rushing Yards     1 yards per point             10 yards per point
    Rushing Touchdowns        25                       6
    Reception Yards     1 yards per point               10 yards per point
    Reception Touchdowns    25                      6
    Return Touchdowns         25                         6
    2-Point Conversions         5                         2
    Fumbles                         -1                       0
    Fumbles Lost                 -2
    Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
    Kickers                 League Value                    Yahoo! Default Value
    Field Goals 0-19 Yards         3
    Field Goals 20-29 Yards  4                               3
    Field Goals 30-39 Yards         5                                3
    Field Goals 40-49 Yards  10                               4
    Field Goals 50+ Yards    15                            5
    Point After Attempt Made 3                                1
    Defense/Special Teams       League Value             Yahoo! Default Value
    Sack                 7 1
    Interception 5 2
    Fumble Recovery 5 2
    Touchdown 25 6
    Safety 10 2
    Block Kick 10 2
    Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 25 6
    Points Allowed 0 points 18 10
    Points Allowed 1-6 points 12 7
    Points Allowed 7-13 points 10 4
    Points Allowed 14-20 points 5 1
    Points Allowed 21-27 points -3 0
    Points Allowed 28-34 points -10 -1
    Points Allowed 35+ points -15 -4
    Defensive Yards Allowed - Negative 12 0
    Defensive Yards Allowed 0-99 10 0
    Defensive Yards Allowed 100-199 8 0
    Defensive Yards Allowed 200-299 5 0
    Defensive Yards Allowed 300-399 0
    Defensive Yards Allowed 400-499 -5 0
    Defensive Yards Allowed 500+ -10 0

• See…that’s just junked up.  Your kicker and def combined barely outscored a guy who didn’t really play.

My own commissioner has some messed up scoring for D/ST as well.  I don’t think in the history of football has a team been kept under 100 total yards, even before there wasn’t a forward pass.  It’s just goofy…never going to happen.

As for kickers, I had Akers who had a record tying game, just simply fantastic game, and only scored 4 more points than my opponent, even with a 63 yard FG, and more FGs and XP.

Oh well, you’ve got to play with what you have.  That’s why I invested a little bit more into WRs (I think I’ve got a good corps) because they added PPR on top of our normal scoring.  I expect to trade one for a solid RB, even though I think my RBs are pretty good.  I feel like my team is strong, especially for drafting 9th of 10.  My next opponent looks like a cupcake and he drafted like 3rd or so.

Yeah, I’m learning to adjust to it, it took some time last year. Any thoughts on the week 1 wins? Particularly Washington over New Orleans?

GG

• @Guerrilla:

Yeah, I’m learning to adjust to it, it took some time last year. Any thoughts on the week 1 wins? Particularly Washington over New Orleans?

GG

I was one of the few that thought RG3 would end doing better than Luck.  I like the roaming QB play style, and am not particularly surprised they beat NO, especially factoring in all the fallout from the bounty stuff.  If I remember correctly, the Redskins were right around .500 last year, and I’d be willing to bet they are playoff contenders this year.  Although, I hope my Cowboys are too…

Results for:

Hurt Locker (Jake Locker)
    BullFrogger (Tom Brady)

Trust me, I hate myself for not putting at least Tate in there. I wouldn’t have won, but it wouldn’t look so God awful. I don’t think Brandon Lafell’s rocket to stardom would have been predictable, but Tate was bound to bounce back…

GG

Screen shot 2012-09-19 at 4.48.33 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-09-19 at 4.49.49 PM.png

Co-owned team, Whip Lash (Tom Brady)…

and my ESPN lineup starting with Loose Goose…

Great wins, I must say, I was surprised to pull off that win with Garcon out. I’m letting my co-owner, who hasn’t played fantasy, make the day-to-day changes, and his mishap didn’t cause any harm.

Loose Goose is gold… 4 starting RBs (Gore, Murray, Wells, K. Smith), and Stafford, Jordy and Floyd. I couldn’t ask for better. Well, I could trade for better I guess.

GG

Screen shot 2012-09-19 at 4.54.58 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-09-19 at 4.56.31 PM.png

Romo Cop (Romo), and

Brothel Burgers…

GG

Screen shot 2012-09-19 at 5.02.18 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-09-19 at 5.04.44 PM.png

Rice 'n Greens took a hard loss! Didn’t expect that, but Reggie decided to be a hero.

And finally, Life is a Brees, and it was a breeze! 2-0 here!

GG

Screen shot 2012-09-19 at 5.07.50 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-09-19 at 5.09.05 PM.png

A disappointing weak. 5 losses, 3 wins (guess I do have 8 teams). At least my winning teams are 2-0 and only 1 team is 0-2. Needless to say, I think I’m hitting the point where trading will become paramount, especially for Loose Goose, The Hurt Locker, and Life is a Brees.

GG

• On Life is a Brees, I’d recommend trading a WR or two for a solid RB.  I’d also “float” your D/ST  as the Jags aren’t very good and there’s usually a D/ST in free agency that has a good matchup.  Just rotate them in and out as needed.

Loose Goose looks pretty solid to me.  Unless you get a great offer, I’d keep it as is.

Hurt Locker is hard for me to say.  It looks like a deeper league (maybe 12 people?), but your opponent looks like he had a slightly better draft.  Without knowing options, I’m not sure what to tell you.

I won, although I had a little doubt going into Monday’s night game.  Julio Jones didn’t do much, but it wasn’t necessary anyway.  Victor Cruz and Reggie Bush really saved my ass.  I’m tied for first in a 3-way tie at 2-0.  I face one of the other undefeated this week.

Screen Shot 2012-09-20 at 10.07.48 AM.png

@Jermofoot:

On Life is a Brees, I’d recommend trading a WR or two for a solid RB.  I’d also “float” your D/ST  as the Jags aren’t very good and there’s usually a D/ST in free agency that has a good matchup.  Just rotate them in and out as needed.

Loose Goose looks pretty solid to me.  Unless you get a great offer, I’d keep it as is.

Hurt Locker is hard for me to say.  It looks like a deeper league (maybe 12 people?), but your opponent looks like he had a slightly better draft.  Without knowing options, I’m not sure what to tell you.

I won, although I had a little doubt going into Monday’s night game.  Julio Jones didn’t do much, but it wasn’t necessary anyway.  Victor Cruz and Reggie Bush really saved my ass.  I’m tied for first in a 3-way tie at 2-0.  I face one of the other undefeated this week.

On Hurt Locker, yes… It’s a deep league (16 player). They all started drafting QB’s early (Joe Flacco went start of the second round) cause they didn’t like the scoring system. I kept drafting normal, and next thing I knew I had this lopsided team. Should have changed middraft.

GG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m