• In each and every documentary, book I’ve ever seen or read on the subject of WW II, I understood that the US (war) economy was huge!! In some cases it produced more of a certain weapon type than all other belligerents combined, I seem to recall. Then what’s the deal with this version of A&A? After Japan just eats up China, takes a couple of Russian territories and will probably eventually take India as well thereby opening up the way to even more IPCs in Africa it far outproduces the US. The same goes for Germany. In global at least the US gets a 30 (?) IPC bonus once at war! Many times Japan’s navy will simply be able to keep up with the US one!

BTW, Who else thinks A&A '42 2nd edition greatly favors the Axis?

• The game really feels like it’s USA vs Japan
    And UK & USSR vs Germany.

And the axis wins once Japan gets strong enough to go on the defensive vs the US, and the offensive VS USSR

• It’s a game, if you made it like real life then the axis would never win, and no one would ever play.

So you have to make it as even for both sides as possible.

• @Koningstiger:

In each and every documentary, book I’ve ever seen or read on the subject of WW II, I understood that the US (war) economy was huge!! In some cases it produced more of a certain weapon type than all other belligerents combined, I seem to recall. Then what’s the deal with this version of A&A? After Japan just eats up China, takes a couple of Russian territories and will probably eventually take India as well thereby opening up the way to even more IPCs in Africa it far outproduces the US. The same goes for Germany. In global at least the US gets a 30 (?) IPC bonus once at war! Many times Japan’s navy will simply be able to keep up with the US one

You should try the old school Axis & Allies Pacific- US starts with 80 economy!!

• And also in that game the clock was ticking, and the allies won if it ran out for Japan.

I’d actually prefer if all A&A games worked like it did. The allies have 10 turns or so to contain the axis to a manageable size, or the axis wins.

• @oztea:

And also in that game the clock was ticking, and the allies won if it ran out for Japan.

I’d actually prefer if all A&A games worked like it did. The allies have 10 turns or so to contain the axis to a manageable size, or the axis wins.

So far that how it has been my experience on Spring 42, 2nd Ed., although here the turns are less and there’s no Victory Points awarded… you either contain the Axis or they’ll overcome you.

• TripleA

What the allies are forced into a containment strategy? snooze fest? got it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m