FMG, HBG, OOB Pieces Comparison

• Customizer

Guys,

@toblerone77:

What do you use the old Stuka’s for? They’re smaller as well as the HBG FW190 is smaller than the OOB FW190. Personally I’m thinking “naval”. Not too historical perhaps but any German carrier is a “What If?”.

––Well, as far as “Stuka’s”, I remember reading a great book about dive-bombing that included an ‘elite’ wing of Italians that utilized the JU-87 Stuka for most of it’s Mediteranean service. So I already have two Stukas reserved for use in my Italian Med. paint scheme.  :-o

––Whether we use the OOB Stukas, or a newer version will be decided at the time of their painting. As I recall, I DIDN’T like FMG’s new sculp of the Stuka.

----As far as the size comparisons of a/c,…I’ve adopted HBG’s philosophy of having Fighters somewhat smaller than the Tactical Bombers. When you think about it,….it really makes sense. At least for me. Everyone has their own preferences, though.

“Tall Paul”

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@LHoffman:

I would not be able to stand the size difference between the old and new (tac bomber) pieces.

Plus, I am sure HBG will produce some of their own Stukas which will eliminate even the OOB tacs.

8-) :-D :wink:

• Did someone tell me you(HBG) now sell in Europe, out of Germany?
    If so, could I have a link to this site if it has its own one? I am in England. Thank you.

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread!
    Will delete if you wish.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@wittmann:

Did someone tell me you(HBG) now sell in Europe, out of Germany?
    If so, could I have a link to this site if it has its own one? I am in England. Thank you.

Will delete if you wish.

Do not fear! We are all friends here!

• Customizer

@wittmann:

Did someone tell me you(HBG) now sell in Europe, out of Germany?

Will delete if you wish.

www.historicalboardgaming.eu

• Brilliant Toblerone. Thank you for that.

• Hi Hoffman. Just saw your post, thank you.
    I am not talented like you guys, but often take a peek at your work here on this thread. Always a pleasure to see painted units.

• Customizer

@wittmann:

Brilliant Toblerone. Thank you for that.

No problem Sir!

I actually considered buying some Table Tactics singles there because they’re unavailable anywhere else.

• I spent 30 mins on the site and put stuff in my basket, only to have to leave for work!
    I have the German expansion set(kindly sent without import tax to pay). Will order the Axis Minors and 12 Japanese singles(no ships).
    I would order the Allied set, but they are half US, half UK and I really want UK units. I find I do not run out of American ones.
    I know a UK expansion lpack is due out later, but If I can get them dispatched cheaply, wanted some now.

I am unaware of the Table Tactics game of which you spoke.

• Customizer

@wittmann:

I spent 30 mins on the site and put stuff in my basket, only to have to leave for work!
    I have the German expansion set(kindly sent without import tax to pay). Will order the Axis Minors and 12 Japanese singles(no ships).
    I would order the Allied set, but they are half US, half UK and I really want UK units. I find I do not run out of American ones.
    I know a UK expansion lpack is due out later, but If I can get them dispatched cheaply, wanted some now.

I am unaware of the Table Tactics game of which you spoke.

They made custom sets similar to Xeno games pieces back when all of the vehicle units were the same. They did an additional run of pieces in the new edition colors  after revised came out. They eventually stopped making pieces for Axis & Allies and started thier own tactical game called “Engage” which is also oit of print I believe.

The market for these pieces is pretty limited now. However at one time they had a line-up that expanded Classic for WWII and WWI along with several different pieces for modern warfare. You can see what they used to carry here.

http://fairplaygames.com/gamedisplay.asp?gameid=5039&SERIES=1

Hope this helps.

• I’m remembering the days when Table Tactics was the top of the line expansion for Axis and Allies. When '14 was announced i went crazy trying to find the WW1 pieces. I’m still looking.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m