• Post 100

Very nice work! Looks awesome! Very detailed and sharp lines. Decals really make the pieces look like models instead of just pieces, which is nice. I would like to use decals myself, but i dont know where to get them XD and now its too late :(

• I want to see more pics!

• Customizer

Wow! Pure awesome Johnson!  Did you use enamel or a gloss coat?  Turned out nice - the gloss blends out the decal lines which is a bonus.

• Customizer

Swedo,

The decals I suggest you use are from I-94 Enterprises. They have a very wide selection,…and you can preview the decal sheets by looking at the “scans” section. I love how they make my units look.

“Tall Paul”

• @Tall:

Swedo,

The decals I suggest you use are from I-94 Enterprises. They have a very wide selection,…and you can preview the decal sheets by looking at the “scans” section. I love how they make my units look.

“Tall Paul”

ah, tobad i didnt see that 6 months ago… would have been awesome! too late now i guess :/

• Thanks guys.  I’ll post some more today.

• WAFFEN SS.  Again, I hate my camera.  It shows too much.  Looks like my Infantry unit needs some touched up.  The Tiger and Mech is OOB.  Infantry I beleive is Revell.

DSC_0629.JPG
    DSC_0630.JPG

• Been painting some of my new 1941 units, here are some of the new units joining their armies/navies.

UK with Hood, their new transports and submarines replacing their old ones, so that they now have unique pieces on the board.

Japanese Kogo class BB with their new submarines replacing their old uglier ones. I also painted the japanese FWs into Nakajima ki-43.

German tigers with their new Focke-Wulf Fw 190

• No decals, but you do a great free hand.

• @Johnson73:

No decals, but you do a great free hand.

yes i didnt know where i could find them, and now its too late. i dont like the low visibility cross i made on the plane… gonna have to do those better.

• Swedo, I’ve looked at a lot of your stuff, and you do some rediculously nice work. A lot of time and effort put into that work. Impressive.

• Here are some Russians.  Katusha Rocket is GHQ.  Tank and Truck are HBG and Infantry (which I use for my Paratrooper) is Revell.

DSC_0862.JPG
    DSC_0863.JPG

• German Bombers and Fighters.  All OOB.

DSC_0870.JPG
    DSC_0871.JPG

• British Spitfire and Transport.  I can’t remember the name of the other fighter

DSC_0865.JPG

• We have a mixture of Table Tactics, HBG and OOB units in this one.

DSC_0866.JPG
    DSC_0868.JPG

• Customizer

Johnson73,

Those are some fine looking “Ruskies” you have there. Looks like they’re prepared to counter a Japanese landing.

You know, if you wanted to have some Russian as well as all other countries Paratroopers before HBG or FMG make their country-specific units you might consider using the American Paratroopers that HBG produced in their American supplement Set. I really like them as the large bulk of their parachutes are very prominant. I’ve got Paratroopers for several countries already “in the pipeline”.

Again, nice paint jobs. Here is a rear-view of the American Paratroopers “chutes”. These are USMC “Raider” para-marines. I hope this might give you some “ideas”.

“Tall Paul”

marineairforce2.jpg

• Customizer

Sorry,

That pic is a bit blurry. Here’s one of the U.S. Army Airborne units and their “chutes”. Please note that “Allworkandnoclay” did the painting, NOT me.

“Tall Paul”

usairforce2.1.JPG

• Customizer

Wow,

Several more very nice paint jobs were posted as I typed.  Well Done! I’m sure you feel the same as I do about painted units really adding a LOT to the game. And your units look really cool!

Keep up the good work.

“Tall Paul”

• Tall Paul…Thanks.  Allworkandnoclay does some great work.  I especially love his base’s.  Real nice detail.

Its amazing that I’ve been playing Axis since the 80’s, and for the last 2 years I have really gotten into painting the units.  Not sure why it took me this long to figure it out.

• Customizer

Johnson73,

@Johnson73:

Its amazing that I’ve been playing Axis since the 80’s, and for the last 2 years I have really gotten into painting the units.  Not sure why it took me this long to figure it out.

My Dad, brothers, and I have been “playing” since I was a little kid. In the 60’s we all played Risk, which is sort of A&A with only ONE type of unit (Infantry?) for everyone that utilized a painted cube of wood. I guess this was before everything became plastic. There wasn’t much in the form of “strategy”, only hot dice or a loss, haha. Then we experienced the 80’s with the great A&A “classic” and eventually on to 1940-Global WHICH WE ALL LOVE!

I’m seriously glad you “figured out” painting your units. You do a great job of it.
    Although I have painted a lot of model trains myself, most for pay, I quickly realized “Allworkandnoclay’s” talent and let him paint my Infantry. I only posted the pic to show how large the 'chutes were on the backs of the American Paratroopers and how obvious this made their identification as Paratroopers. Perhaps you might use these 'troopers to paint some other countries units(hint, hint, hint)? I have several “in the pipeline” but there are so many other projects I don’t know when they’ll be finished.

I look forward to seeing more of your great paint jobs in the future.

“Tall Paul”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m