• Customizer

Johnson73,

@Johnson73:

Its amazing that I’ve been playing Axis since the 80’s, and for the last 2 years I have really gotten into painting the units.  Not sure why it took me this long to figure it out.

My Dad, brothers, and I have been “playing” since I was a little kid. In the 60’s we all played Risk, which is sort of A&A with only ONE type of unit (Infantry?) for everyone that utilized a painted cube of wood. I guess this was before everything became plastic. There wasn’t much in the form of “strategy”, only hot dice or a loss, haha. Then we experienced the 80’s with the great A&A “classic” and eventually on to 1940-Global WHICH WE ALL LOVE!

I’m seriously glad you “figured out” painting your units. You do a great job of it.
    Although I have painted a lot of model trains myself, most for pay, I quickly realized “Allworkandnoclay’s” talent and let him paint my Infantry. I only posted the pic to show how large the 'chutes were on the backs of the American Paratroopers and how obvious this made their identification as Paratroopers. Perhaps you might use these 'troopers to paint some other countries units(hint, hint, hint)? I have several “in the pipeline” but there are so many other projects I don’t know when they’ll be finished.

I look forward to seeing more of your great paint jobs in the future.

“Tall Paul”

• Nice lookin stuff Mr. Johnson!

• '14 '13

Amazing pieces, lots of ideas from just this one thread. You are truly talented.

• Well since this old thread got accidently bumped, i might aswell share some new pics.

I tried to do some roundels. I still dont have desided if i will do roundels on all units…

]

Russian fleet. The 2 carriers are “Project 72” and “Kosrtomitinova”.

Russian tanks from 1941 and 1942.

• Nice work Swedo!

Mr.Goose approves.jpg

• '18 '17 '16

swedo, your accuracy is astonishes me again and again! Very nice work!

Concerning the roundels: when I painted my pieces, I decided to skip the roundels. While they look very nice piece by piece, it’s too much work and after all: a lot of infanterie units in a crowd may look a little bit gaudy. However, painted roundels may have an advantage for newbies (obvious differences…).

• Customizer

Swedo!  These are fantastic!  Steady hand steady hand…

• Thank you, im not happy with the US star, i hate doing stars, they always look crooked. Tobad my russian carriers will probably never see action :(

• @Swedo:

Thank you, im not happy with the US star, i hate doing stars, they always look crooked. Tobad my russian carriers will probably never see action :(

You could just houserule a Russian carrier starting in the Baltic- hey, it is your house, your rules!

• @BJCard:

@Swedo:

Thank you, im not happy with the US star, i hate doing stars, they always look crooked. Tobad my russian carriers will probably never see action :(

You could just houserule a Russian carrier starting in the Baltic- hey, it is your house, your rules!

Awesome!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m