• @Scarapis:

Well decided to sell off some of my A&A games (ones i’m not playing or using), but I had just a week or two ago mixed up all the pieces and grouped them up. so now I have to seperate them and figure out which pieces went to which game (if anyone has pics that would help)

This topic documents the evolution of A&A pieces through the game series with pics of all pieces:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=23386.0

• Thanks Hobbes.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Scar, come to this event.  I just learned of it yesterday.

http://www.facebook.com/events/250015031783330/

I know it’s in Santa Clara but I’m gonna go and this guy running it, Steve says there are guys from the valley coming out to play there.

It’s a ground mini’s tourney which I really don’t know how to play (I dig WAS) but this guy is really cool and super inviting.  I’m going just to hang out, learn and get pummeled.

steve@stevebeangames.com

email him and tell him where you live, he will tell you about those dudes in the valley.  come out and meet them.  I;m driving down there for pacifcon on the 1st and this tourney on the !6th of Sept, so you have to do it at least once, haha.  It’s time for some intervention my friend and your not an idiot.

• heard about pacificcon, in fact someonje was trying to get me to go but sadly gonna be broke early in the month and busy on the week the 16th. falls on.

but does sound like fun.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Scarapis:

heard about pacificcon, in fact someonje was trying to get me to go but sadly gonna be broke early in the month and busy on the week the 16th. falls on.

but does sound like fun.

It sounds like that may be the issue overall.

Perhaps if we all work together we can improve your employment! (unless you are a student) So that you can join us at these kinds of events!

I’ve hired / helped several people through AA.org, just Ask Canuck12.

And I’m not afraid of phoning your boss to convince him I had an amazing customer service experience and that you deserve a $2 /hr raise.

PM me.  This can be resolved!

Yea, that someone was me, maybe you are an idiot, haha i’m just kidding brother.

At least email that guy.  There are players in the valley man.  Sounds like he knows these guys well, maybe you can give him your number and he will pass it on to them.  There was a store out there that had tourneys all the time but it closed, so they roadie out to this place in Santa Clara.  Send him a picture of your gameroom, they will come busting down your door.

If you don’t, I will.  My new goal is to get you linked up out there. DO NOT SELL YOUR GAMES…you regret it.

I was thinking about rolling over to a few rest homes near me with 1941 and showing some old codgers there how to play, try that.  I bet the stories would flow out of them like…well nevermind.

• Well to clarify a few misconceptions, i’m not looking to sell off all my games, just a few to clear out the uneeded fluff, deciding which ones to keep and which ones to get rid of is the tough part, as to employment i’m well employed (partially also partially retired), but sadly the fist week of the month (or there abouts) is when I make my mortgage payment, pay my utility bills and so on, so by the time i’m done i’m broke (other then daily expenses) till the middle of the month.

As it goes i’m on contract for special projects, so my schedule is a bit willy nilly, but it works for me, gives me plenty of time to work around my house and spend time with the wife and such.

• Well so far my choices to sell are:

Fortress America
    A&A: Battle of the Bulge
    A&A: D-Day
    Federation and Empire: complete and unplayed and unpunched
    Star Trek Battles III: Not Complete but has counters
    Risk 2210 AD
    Both LOTR’s Risk games (one has extra set of pieces)
    History of War Pacific and European Starter Decks

now too figure out what prices to list these at.

• well these are the games I might sell, but need to figure out fair prices for them.

:evil:

How much do you want for BOTB and Fortress America?

And are they both COMPLETE?

• Do you not have a Bulge Garg?

Oh I have bulge.  And every other version, (And most of the time more than one copy).

I also have the old Fortress America, AND the new one.

It would just be nice to have a stand alone -still in the box- unmolested copy. :)

• yes they are both complete (well BoTB not 100% sure of the right parts, other then the trucks had to go by pictures on what parts go in it) both games gonna price at $25 ea. (you picked the 2 high price games you know  :-P )

heres a pic of both games and contents (the fortress America pieces in the baggie are extras from needed game play):

• How much do you want for just Fortress America?

I have never played it before but it always sounded like so much fun I’d love to get my hands on an old school copy

He only wants $25.

That’s a SOLID deal Clyde. You won’t find it cheaper anywhere else. Feel free to take it before I do.

The new one is about $60.  I don’t know how much better it is or isn’t.  I just like F/A for the pieces mostly.

• @Gargantua:

He only wants $25.

That’s a SOLID deal Clyde. You won’t find it cheaper anywhere else. Feel free to take it before I do.

The new one is about $60.  I don’t know how much better it is or isn’t.  I just like F/A for the pieces mostly.

That is a pretty good deal, and I’d like to have an original copy before playing the new one so I can see how they ruined/improved the game

• please note prices do not include S&H (pick up is available), as to my prices checked on eBay for average sold and available and priced cheaper.

Fortress is so much fun and the new game plays exactly like the original…even the maps and zones are identical.  The only changes I noticed was they took Buffalo and Kansas City off and added Las Vegas and Colorado Springs.  The Invaders have reinforcement cards that you can add to the game as balancing factors as well.

• It’s been a long time since I played fortress america, but if I remember correctly,
    Fortess america can have too much luck involved due to the order of the reinforment cards for America.

If you get a series of poor cards early or a good card too early (like the laser card), this may overcome any strong strategic moves you may have made.

I guess that’s just a built in characteristic of the game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m