• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

If only they could make it so you could play it -blind- with each side -somewhat- unaware of what their opponent was up to.

Like task force markers moving on the map, but the actual individual units divided up and hidden behind a seperate board.

• @Gargantua:

If only they could make it so you could play it -blind- with each side -somewhat- unaware of what their opponent was up to.

Like task force markers moving on the map, but the actual individual units divided up and hidden behind a seperate board.

• Another angle which might be taken on the Battle of France could be through a political rule option which sees all of France being occupied by Germany but without the French government surrendering and without a Vichy regime being set up.  In this kind of scenario (which Churchill was hoping would happen), the French government would set up a government-in-exile in London and would continue to fight from the various corners of the French colonial empire.

• Customizer

@Gargantua:

Something like the game Shogun? Rather, I guess it’s called Samurai Swords now.

• Has anyone seen the 2nd edition maps of both Europe and Pacific next to each other? Did they fix the ocean color so they match? Did they fix the Russian territory color so they match?

• Customizer

@Yavid:

Has anyone seen the 2nd edition maps of both Europe and Pacific next to each other? Did they fix the ocean color so they match? Did they fix the Russian territory color so they match?

I would like to know this as well. I would also like to know what the top edge of the pacific board looks like. The national production chart was conveniently out of frame in all the pictures. I hav this erie (but hopefully unfounded) feeling that the chart might include 2 rows.

• Notice how the IPCs on the Europe map go up to 40, so the Pacific map IPCs could start at 1 and if you’re playing Global you just add 40.  Whatever, use monopoly money.

• Customizer

I think they would have to make the maps that way for people that want to play Europe or Pacific by themselves. Not everyone would necessarily want to play Global. I agree that it’s kind of a weird way of doing the IPC chart. They probably should have left that as a separate piece.

• Customizer

Separate detached chart is thebest solution in most cases. However if charts are printed on both maps I strongly prefer a global chart. I really think most people buy pacific for global and not for separate standalone game anyways.

• Two things I noticed:

It at least looks like the canadian markers have been changed to UK (but not in the europe game pics?)

In alpha 3 there’s a fighter in Korea that isn’t here now.

• @cwwgateway:

Two things I noticed:

It at least looks like the canadian markers have been changed to UK (but not in the europe game pics?)

In alpha 3 there’s a fighter in Korea that isn’t here now.

The missing fighter might be a set-up error

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m