2 Possible 42.2 House Rules? (want opinions)

• 1A) Transports defend on a 1, but can only hit air units.  Transports still have to be selected last as targets.
    OR
    1B) Transports defend on a 1 when accompanied with a DD, CA, or BB in a 1:1 ratio, but can only hit air units.  Transports still have to be selected last as targets.  Sort of how ART boosts INF attack.

2) Tanks cost 5IPC

Reasoning:

1. If you do research on historical troop transports for WW2, you will notice they almost always have some sort of AA armaments.  These aren’t going to do anything against a sub, or a destroyer etc etc, but they can shoot aircraft.  Troop transports are for moving troops, not as cannon fodder for naval attacks, so it makes sense to only be able to select them as targets when no other units are available.

~~2) I feel like it makes tanks too inferior to INF/ART, and subsequently slows down an already long game.  I know people say this is a 7 hour game, but most of the people i play against it usually takes closer to 12.  Tanks were 5IPC for how long and everyone thought it was fine?  ~~

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I like 1B, that’s not bad.

But it’ll make things like 8 transports 1 destroyer a HELL of a force to deal with. I’m not convinced…

Maybe they could operate like AA for eac 2 you have paired or something…

• @Gargantua:

I like 1B, that’s not bad.

But it’ll make things like 8 transports 1 destroyer a HELL of a force to deal with. I’m not convinced…

Maybe they could operate like AA for eac 2 you have paired or something…

Well with 1B, then only the destroyer and 1 transport would get to defend, and the transport could only hit air units.

I see your point if your talking about 1A though.  So maybe 1B?  I just don’t think having transports have absolutely zero defensive capabilities whatsoever is neither historically accurate or fair.

For 2, i think I’ll leave them at 6.  It seems allies are a little bit behind in this version, and the 6ipc tank rule hurts germany more than anyone else.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m