• Can anyone enlighten me as to which of the “measures” were being used for the US ships in WaS?  Also, I notice that about half of the French ships look like they’re in similar paint schemes… Am I correct that this is because they were painted in US “measures” after refurbishment late in the war?

• from another source “The Painter’s Guide to World War Two Naval Camouflage.” For the French it says:

Hulls: dark grey
    Upper works: light grey
    Decks: dark grey

Ships operating with U.S. or British forces wore the appropriate U.S. or British camo pattern.

for french ships also atlantic operation ones were darker grey in the med they were lighter.

the measures are listed here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_camouflage I would imagine its something similar to measure 11 the colour meaning to blend into the ocean even though the colour of the WAS ships is sort of turqois.

• So what you’re saying is that the blue-green of the US decks in WaS is probably wrong and it really should be more of a pure blue?

Then there’s the North Carolina which WaS did in dark grey and the Wasp that they did in light grey… which I’m assuming are supposed to represent other measures (and I guess I figured that someone on this forum knew all this stuff down cold and so could easily give the skinny on just where the “official” WaS paint schemes were off…)

In regards to the French ships, my main point was that I was noticing that while most of the French ships had a fairly typical wood deck/ grey metal look, some of them look like they’re painted just like the US ships.  Thus, the Richelieu paint scheme looks to me just like the North Carolina’s dark grey-deck scheme, and the Gloire’s paint scheme looks to me just like the more typical WaS US blue-green scheme…

• post this on the forum mini and they have a few camo experts there.

• The what?

(And by the way thanks for your patient replies to all my newbie questions…)

• http://aaminis.myfastforum.org/index.php

this site, it is the main community for the mini AnA games like WAS, AAM and A20 and has dozens of posts a day.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m