• @Yavid:

@Hobbes:

@Gargantua:

We all take this game SO SERIOUSLY here - we have trying to decipher crayon on a napkin, to see what’s been changed and what hasn’t.�  Because we just can’t POSSIBLY bear waiting 4 more weeks for the official release.�  And we all want to believe in fantasies (Like Bren Gun Carriers)�  I mean hell - it’s on the box!

Deciphering crayon on a napkin is the funniest part of playing the games :P

I thought that’s what the message boards were for having other people help you decipher crayon on a napkin my bad

Exactly. Message boards are based on premise that says that if 1,000 monkeys are locked in a room with 1,000 typewriters then after 1,000,000,000,000,000 year you’ll eventually get one of their attempts to be Hamlet or King Lear. This may help decipher crayon. May.

• @Gargantua:

Has anyone EVER seen french Armor in Africa during gameplay?
    How would that even be possible?

Probably just a case of the photographer putting pieces on the board in a way to make a nice picture and to show off the variety of sculpts, without much consideration of whether it’s realistic.  It’s like the chessboards you’ll sometimes see as decorative elements in photos or films: if you look carefully, you’ll often see that the “game” in progress makes no sense, or even that the board itself is set up with the black squares in the wrong corners.

• It’s interesting to see from squirecam’s Reply #43 picture that Italy’s been upgraded to a four-engine strategic bomber, in contrast with its Axis partners Germany and Japan who’ve always had to make do with two-engine models.

• Customizer

@CWO:

It’s interesting to see from squirecam’s Reply #43 picture that Italy’s been upgraded to a four-engine strategic bomber, in contrast with its Axis partners Germany and Japan who’ve always had to make do with two-engine models.

Yeah, but on the bright side, we could use this new bomber as Italy’s “heavy” bomber and the FMG SM.79 as Italy’s “regular” bomber.
    Looks like WOTC used the same ship models that FMG used in their set, except for the transport.
    I found the new Italian tank interesting. It sort of looks like the Carro Armato P-40. Perhaps this could be Italy’s medium or heavy tank?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I won’t take away that the front of the box - box art, on Axis and Allies games, has always been incredible.

But I wonder how much better fan art for the back of the box could be.

It’s interesting to see from squirecam’s Reply #43 picture that Italy’s been upgraded to a four-engine strategic bomber, in contrast with its Axis partners Germany and Japan who’ve always had to make do with two-engine models.

LOL…

• Customizer

@CWO:

@Gargantua:

Has anyone EVER seen french Armor in Africa during gameplay?
    How would that even be possible?

Probably just a case of the photographer putting pieces on the board in a way to make a nice picture and to show off the variety of sculpts, without much consideration of whether it’s realistic.  It’s like the chessboards you’ll sometimes see as decorative elements in photos or films: if you look carefully, you’ll often see that the “game” in progress makes no sense, or even that the board itself is set up with the black squares in the wrong corners.

For that matter, how often do you see USA take Poland or have a naval presence in the Baltic?

• TripleA '12

Looks like WOTC used the same ship models that FMG used in their set, except for the transport.
    I found the new Italian tank interesting. It sort of looks like the Carro Armato P-40. Perhaps this could be Italy’s medium or heavy tank?

I was wondering the same thing about the Italian ships - do you think WotC have used FMG Italy Combat Units for these?! Crazy if that’s the case!

I have no idea what the Italian Tank is meant to be but yes we could certainly house rule it for a heavy.

• @Lozmoid:

I was wondering the same thing about the Italian ships - do you think WotC have used FMG Italy Combat Units for these?! Crazy if that’s the case!

I don’t know about most of the units, but the Aquila carrier and the Littorio battleship – of which I own Panzerschiffe and NavWar wargaming models – were obvious choices for sculpts.  Aquila was the only Italian carrier (it was never even completed) and the Littorios were Italy’s only modern fast battleship class.

• The tank is the M13/40 or later M14/42 model. Sorry I did not say earlier.
    The Bomber is the Italian " Flying Fortress": Piaggio P108B.
    Cannot see the Tac as I am using my phone and I am blind!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

For that matter, how often do you see USA take Poland or have a naval presence in the Baltic?

Atleast America in Poland, and stationed in the Baltic -could be plausible-.

French tanks in Africa, would take TURNS of fuddled gaming to accomplish.

• map 1

2012-08-22_07-58-58_937.jpg

• map 2

2012-08-22_07-59-05_64.jpg

• map 3

2012-08-22_07-59-54_406.jpg

• map 4

2012-08-22_08-00-01_822.jpg

• map 5

2012-08-22_08-00-07_676.jpg

• I could not post Tac pics because they were too large to attach.

I apologize for the map pics quality. To make up for it…here is Velvet Sky…

046.jpg

• Thank you anyway.
    Is the Tac single engined and not the Stuka?
    Plane and tank fanatic here.

• From what I can see in the photo of the left-side board (the one running from Alberta to South America), the western edge of the world map is unchanged from the first edition.  So there are no changes to the wraparound connectivity (or rather the lack of wraparound connectivity) between the Europe and Pacific maps on the west coast of North America.

• @squirecam:

I could not post Tac pics because they were too large to attach.

I apologize for the map pics quality. To make up for it…here is Velvet Sky…

Please tell us that she comes included with the game…

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Velvet Sky definatly has two engines.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m